Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fiddle Tank Theory

Creator: Yagamoth May 16, 2011 2:59am
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 2:59am | Report
Greetings,

I'd like to note: Everything in this post here is pure theory. So I'm open for all hints/stuff I didn't consider so far. I don't mind being called out "that will never work", however, such a comment should be on a solid base as to why it wouldn't work.

As always, theory is nothing like practice, so everything I post here may also be completely useless and BS.

The idea is simple, Fiddle has about anything a Tank needs:
- Two CCs (Silence + Fear) with which he can control the enemy team
- A minor survivability skill with drain - minor because it's easily interrupted and weak due to lacking AP
- He can't be completely ignored, because his ult still does a ton of damage
- He is an aggro-magnet, most enemies won't expect you to be an actual tank
- An aura, which benefits his team mates

And that's my main point: The aura. Don't underestimate the might of -10 Magic resistance. The less an enemy has, the more it hurts him. Combine this with an Abyssal Scepter and your Mages will deal a ton of damage to unprepared enemies (Especially if your mages are completely stuffed with Magic Pen Runes, have Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise).

It won't help, if the enemies react and get some more(!) magic resistance. But at the same time, it costs them a lot (Gold + Item Slot) and they deal less damage themselves.

I won't offer any item builds, since I'm not experienced enough with tanks. But straight survivability aside from the Abyssal Scepter should be enough.

Thoughts? Comments?

(Sidenote: Why would you make a Tankplank? What does he offer? What's the point? 0o)
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 10:11am | Report
fiddlesticks really isnt an aggro magnet though. you won't be doing any damage with fiddlesticks and everyone will just ignore your worthless blob of health. with no ap your ult is just going to do 1750 damage
a) if they have no mr, which they will have a bunch
b) if they stay in the area effect the whole time.

almost everyone gets some form of magic resist, and if you're trying to maximize damage based off of mr reduction, that will just make them buy more magic resist.

fiddlesticks is just so mediocre after that nerf that i wont even play him like hes supposed to be played.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 6:18pm | Report
He's only a tank late game. And thats after sacrificing all his damage output for virtually nothing in return. He still has the worst survivability and it's gone down with the Drain nerfs.
Ragemoarnerd
<Member>
Ragemoarnerd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 7:15pm | Report
He's currently tanky enough with his fear-Drain combo. It's allowed me to tank an autoattacking (insert Ad hero here) just with a spirit visage and will of the ancients. If you're building him with RoA and Rylai's (Which you should) he should have plenty of health, and you should definitely have some resist based on the type of team you're fighting
"I just don't trust PUGS no matter who they play as. I look at them and think level 1." -Rudmed

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for that sexy signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide