Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Fun theory i havent been able to try (and dont...

Creator: Krimson62 February 7, 2012 8:00am
1 2
Krimson62
<Member>
Krimson62's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 8:00am | Report
before i get into things, this theory has no formal use... It's more than a little eccentric as well, but hell its for *bleep*s and giggles so why not?! Since i play mainly dominion teamfights occur constantly so it would only be plausible there.

Would be most effective with a team of 3 physical damage dealers, a tank, and a magic caster to cover bottom.

if the top 4 all rush [aegis of the legion] as their first main item. (takes about 1 minute after the initial rush, and hopes all players ghost to tower to make up for lack of boots) once the primary rush is done and you regroup, have your mage and one of your physical damage AP champs build a [will of the ancients].

once this is done, the 3 on top will have 18+36 armor 24+45 magic resist and +24 attack damage EACH.
and if the bottom has the two AP champs (one physical one magic) it will give them each 50+60 ability power and 50% spell vamp! Not to mention the defensive aura from the original aegis. The sustainability and cost of this is extremely cheap. and every character could build as they wish from that point.

but if the team ever gets to the point of a 5v5 the auras would surely turn the tide with massive boosts to each player.

It's just an idea, don't even know if it would work without extreme coordination. In the end i would like to hear what the community thinks.
OldBen
<Member>
OldBen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 8:04am | Report
Sorry - it's impossible. Auras don't stack, so there's no way to get bonuses like this.

Quoted:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Krimson62
<Member>
Krimson62's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 8:15am | Report
? i was almost certain ally auras stack, whereas enemy effecting auras didn't. I read a post earlier stating most people don't know auras can stack. Perhaps the thread is just outdated?

Here is a link to that thread http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/theorycrafting/double-auras-10028
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 8:53am | Report
They only stack one time.

I.E. If 3 people on our team have Aegis, (teemo, Tryn, Swain) but Sona and Udyr don't, Sona and Udyr will only get the aura from Aegis one time. Swain, Teemo and Tryn will get the aura twice. This is the same for any benefit aura too.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Krimson62
<Member>
Krimson62's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 9:07am | Report
well... at least the will of the ancients thing would still work lol. Good to know, thanks :)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 9:27am | Report
yeah, thats why wota was nerfed. 50% spellvamp for the 2 people carrying it.

was really op when support ap bot rush it.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 12:56pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

yeah, thats why wota was nerfed. 50% spellvamp for the 2 people carrying it.

was really op when support ap bot rush it.

WotA nerf + the fact they don't stack = not viable.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 1:18pm | Report
they stack for the 2 people carrying it. that is all.

yesterday we had amumu fiddlesticks bot and both me and the amumu rushed wota. had 46% spellvamp.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 3:01pm | Report
If everybody carries an aegis, everybody will get double aura, but I dont think people should do that. One aura is enough, and people can get different aura items to help, and the whole team will have tons of auras
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 2:58pm | Report
plus in contrary to SR mid-late game dominion is more about little skirmishes 2v2,3v3 etc not about the big 5v5.

Your team runs around in a clump and an enemy with moderate IQ will easily counter you by splitting up and avoiding any combat.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide