Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

GP10 Mids

Creator: Atarios June 22, 2012 3:35pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 2:56pm | Report
Nahhhh GP10 quints and yellows are proven effective by a couple high Elo players already, but it depends on the AP carry.

It's nice on the end game guys like Kass and Karth and whatnot.

Top lane you will get donkey punched for it, I don't recommend it.
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 3:09pm | Report
I wouldnt mind the runes/gp10 times but i dont think the masteries would be worth it!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 4:23pm | Report
^ Correct, the masteries are fail, runes and items can be fine though.
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 12:07pm | Report
Atarios wrote:

You can simply just buy a kages, philo stone and heart of god and expect to get your core ap item 10 minutes earlier then their ap carry.

You mean 10 minutes later. Those items cost 2300 gold and you have to sit on each of them for 10 minutes before they pay for themselves including their selling cost.

Now if you play support for the first 30 min of the game with those then you can end up ahead but that's not exactly the best idea for an ap carry who needs to spike champs down early game.

Stacking Dorans and getting a deathcap is better.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 12:20pm | Report
the only situation i can imagine pickong 9/0/21 + avarice quints is when i'm getting hardcountered in lane (so for example i'm annie and the enemy ap is cassiopeia) AND!!! my jungler cannot set-up ganks at all. the sheer reason i'd sugest this, is that there would be no realistic way to get farm without getting pushed out of lane/killed.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 3:52pm | Report
Adovid wrote:

You mean 10 minutes later. Those items cost 2300 gold and you have to sit on each of them for 10 minutes before they pay for themselves including their selling cost.

Now if you play support for the first 30 min of the game with those then you can end up ahead but that's not exactly the best idea for an ap carry who needs to spike champs down early game.

Stacking Dorans and getting a deathcap is better.

I'm just gonna mention that multiple players at high elo have run 2-3 GP10 items on several AP mid champions fairly recently.
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 9:17am | Report
Why would people lose the armor from seal to have gp/10 seals instead, when they are melee and harassed by AA from enemy AP ?

Why would people have super passive runes when they are actually behind in the matchup ? That's imo the best way to stay behind and let the enemy do what he wants.
Same goes with items, if you build gp/10 items to have a better game later, why don't you just take real items now and make your own good game ?

The only good reason I can see for those philo/hog in mid and top would be the almost free hp and mana regen/hp pool, because in the matchup, at this moment, you need that tankyness or sustain to be good.
All the **** about having more gold 20 min later will only help you to be happy while being stomped and hide the fact you're losing hard.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
sh0cki
<Member>
sh0cki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2012 5:40am | Report
On heroes like Kassa for example I can see good use of seals/quints as these few AP does not matter in his passive gameplay since start.
Same goes in my eyes for Vladimir - even Kage and HoG both helping with his basic stats and create stable gold income even when dead or roaming around.
Regarding masteries - I would not touch them due to gp10 utility tree.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2012 5:43am | Report
My new Kata build.

Marks: AD/lvl
Seals: Gp/10
Glyphs: AP/lvl
Quints: Gp/10

21/9/0 - masteries.

Starting with Boots and first trip back to shop I'll buy kage's lucky pick.

The revolution is here! u mirin?
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2012 4:17am | Report
i've been trying out GP10 setups with runes + masteries and i have to say that they work quite well.

The main two problems being imo: no slots for wards very early (horrible). Cannot farm wraiths easily.

So now i just pickup 3 gp10 with masteries + runes if im playing a champion that can farm wraiths even without any ap (apart from kages) or one that cant farm them anyways (eg ap ezreal)

I hardly use the gp10 setup anymore because I adapted to a roamin build with ms quints where i gank the heck out of sidelanes and gp10 just doesnt give you any real damage.

I would still play gp10 on: Karma, orianna, Kogmaw, TF (in progress xD), midalee

i have done it on all of those (xept kogmaw) with awesome results!
Imo the 3x gp10 setup could be strong in 5s play if your team adapts to it and plays lanes/junlgers that can adapt to you being very weak earlygame and having a 6item build at around 37 minutes

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide