Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Halja, The Consuming Hellfire.

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 8, 2012 2:58am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2012 2:58am | Report
Halja, the Consuming Hellfire.

New to the forums, and to attempting to make stuff like this. I had a brain rush and thought I should write it down and share. Constructive criticism is welcome, but flaming is not. :3

Tags: Fighter, Melee, Carry
Health: 425 +78 per level; 1829 at lvl 18.
Health Regen: 7.45 +.55 per level; 17.35 at lvl 18.
Mana: N/A.
Mana Regen: N/A
Attack Damage: 55 +3.5 per level; 116.2 at lvl 18.
Armor: 18 + 2.7 per level; 75.7 at level 18.
Attack Speed: .635 +3% per level.
Magic Resist: 28 + 1.26 per level; 50.68 at level 18.
Range: 125
Movement Speed: 310

In my head, Halja's a pretty beefy looking demonic overlord wielding an unreasonably large sword. I know that descriptions a bit vague, but it works with the moves.

My overall idea with this character was the buildup of his fiery passive. Unlike other champions which build a bar like fury (Shyvana, Tryndamere, Renekton) they just kinda can sit there at full bar and not do anything with it until they trigger something. I thought it would be a cool idea for the bar to reach max, do something awesome (in this case explode for damage) and reset, while also being to some extent, fuel for more damage in his moves. This would call for proper timing and planning of his skills for maximum damage output.

I look at this character as a bulky, hybrid AD/AP champion, but could see him going full AD, or as a tank.

Abilities:
Innate: Hellfires:
Halja does not use mana for his abilities. Instead he builds Hellfires up to 100. His hellfire bar goes up at a rate of 1 per second and he gains 2 Hellfires for each successful auto attack. Enemies nearby Halja take damage per second equal to 1/4th of Halja's total Hellfires (+.2% of ability power). When he hits 100 Hellfires, they explode, consuming his bar and dealing .8 damage per Hellfire (+.2% of ability power).

Q: Runthrough:
Halja's next attack will deal bonus damage and move it's target directly behind Halja. If the target was a champion, they are stunned for 1 second.
Bonus damage: 30/45/60/75/90 (+1.5% attack damage.)
Cooldown: 12/10/9/9/7

W: Consuming Hellfire:
Passive: Whenever Halja kills an enemy champion he gains 3 attack damage. (This caps at 50.)
Active: Consumes all of Halja's Hellfires. For 5 seconds, Halja's attacks and abilities ignore a percentage of armor and magic resist and he gets a damage shield for 5 seconds.
Armor and Magic Resist Ignored: 1/8th of Hellfires consumed in percentage. (100 Hellfires = 12.5%)
Damage shield: 50/60/70/80 (+.8% ability power.)
Cooldown: 35/30/25/20/15

E: Grim Stride:
Consumes half of Halja's Hellfires. Halja dashes forward and and strikes his target, dealing physical damage and shooting flames in a cone pattern. The flames do not hit the target, only enemies behind it within the cone.
Range: 525
Physical Damage: 70/115/160/205/250 (+.8% bonus attack damage.)
Fire Damage: 50/80/120/150/180 (+.8% ability power.) (+2 damage per Hellfire consumed.)
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11

R: Summon Suffering:
Halja pins the target enemy champion to the ground with his blade, suppressing them as he channels for 3 seconds. After 2 seconds, a cataclysmic lightning bolt crashes down on the target and arcs in an area dealing damage.
Damage:
Pin: 100/150/200 (+.5% attack damage)
Area Lightning: 250/400/550 (+.8% ability power)
AoE Damage range: 300
Cooldown: 180/150/120

Recommended Items:
Doran's Blade
Berserker's Greaves
Sunfire Cape
Hextech Gunblade
Bloodthirster
Randuin's Omen

Overall, Halja's gameplan is to build up his passive, and decide how he is going to use it. He could use it to do more damage with the fire for his E, Grim Stride, or use it all to pop a nasty amount of armor ignorance with his W, Consuming Hellfires. If he doesn't make a choice, it will simply explode on 100 Hellfires and reset his bar to zero, and build up again.

I see him as being a strong bulky solo top character, or going full damage in bottom lane with a support at his side.

As for teamfights, his inherit AoE annoyance and strong single target damage, as well as his (interruptible) suppression ultimate, would make him a high priority target. If he is your team's carry, he would likely be the first person to be targeted. As a tank he may work somewhat like Garen, doing AoE damage with his passive and a Sunfire Cape. One thing to note is that he's rather slow, and has only one gap closer on a semi-long cooldown. He would need help from his team to secure kills and keep people from running. But once he gets in someone's face. Ouch.

Example rotation: (Assuming your Hellfire's are near max when you start.)
E: Grim Stride, obligatory initiate.
Q: Runthrough, disrupt their placement and stun them.
W: Consuming Hellfire, lay down the gauntlet.
R: Summon Suffering, ZAP. They're either dying or wishing they had.

If you'd like to make any suggestions or ideas for how he would look, or comments about his balance (He probably does seem broken...) feel free to comment. :]

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide