Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

has anyone done this Akali build yet?

Creator: damnitlammy October 12, 2010 6:27pm
1 2
damnitlammy
<Member>
damnitlammy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 6:27pm | Report
buy starting item "amplifying tome" (+20ap) for the AP passive

and then get AD runes and/or get the +3dmg from offensive masteries to hit the +10 AD passive?

reason i want to get amplifying tome first is to get rylai's scepter finished faster (saving 400ish gold from not buying doran's blade or +10 AD sword as starting item)

1. is it better than this guide's setup? http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/akali-you-were-trying-to-kill-who-2139

2. what runes/masteries would i be sacrificing by getting AD runes and/or masteries? (pros/cons)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 6:50pm | Report
You have to think of what's cost-effective.
More rune spaces are taken up by flat AD runes to reach 10 AD whereas if you fill up your rune page to get +20AP right off the bat, there's plenty of space to put AP/lvl runes. If you were to do the same with AD, you'll have less AD/Level runes and Akali farms a lot faster in the beginning with the Longsword. Unless you last hit with Q then, in that case do whatever. Long Sword also costs less. Bleh, just my opinion. You'll get more AP worth your character over time with the AP rune setup while with the AD setup, you may get an item faster but overall, you'll end up with the same item build and just that much less AP (Akali is an AP champ, the way I play her anyways).

damnitlammy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2010 7:31pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

You have to think of what's cost-effective.
More rune spaces are taken up by flat AD runes to reach 10 AD whereas if you fill up your rune page to get +20AP right off the bat, there's plenty of space to put AP/lvl runes. If you were to do the same with AD, you'll have less AD/Level runes and Akali farms a lot faster in the beginning with the Longsword. Unless you last hit with Q then, in that case do whatever. Long Sword also costs less. Bleh, just my opinion. You'll get more AP worth your character over time with the AP rune setup while with the AD setup, you may get an item faster but overall, you'll end up with the same item build and just that much less AP (Akali is an AP champ, the way I play her anyways).

oh but i dont think i will plan on using AP/lvl runes or AD/lvl runes, and you got a point about the long sword being better to last hit than Q.

yup, i play her as AP too. but dont you think getting rylai's scepter sooner means that i can get successful ganks earlier than if i didn't have the slows? which helps me getting fed?

i play only 3v3 with her at the moment btw

P.S. anyone else have an opinion on this?
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 12:12pm | Report
Well i have an opinion as i made the build and all. If you spec for attack first you wont be able to get both buffs efficiently. You will lose your magic pen for marks where you wouldnt have to, but you can still run ap seals. but why? magic pen is much more efficient, and last hitting with a longsword is much more efficient, not to mention that ad runes dont give you NEARLY as much as ap for the IP value.

Lastly, if you spec for offense with the 3 AD bonus in masteries, you cant spec defense.. well you will ask why thats a problem. If you spec defense you can also grab the 16ap bonus (masteries), the 15% magic pen (masteries) but a 4% AP boost in defensive masteries, as WELL as 60 bonus health and armor, and dodge chance and magic resist and speed when you dodge etc..

sorry idk if my point was very clear but i hope it helped
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 1:01pm | Report
I only play akali in jungle when i play her. i use same rune setupp as HeAt here but i just change 1 quint to flat dmg so i can pick upp dorans. the x-tra hp really helps.
i guess that culd work in lane 2
damnitlammy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 11:50pm | Report
HeAt wrote:

Well i have an opinion as i made the build and all. If you spec for attack first you wont be able to get both buffs efficiently. You will lose your magic pen for marks where you wouldnt have to, but you can still run ap seals. but why? magic pen is much more efficient, and last hitting with a longsword is much more efficient, not to mention that ad runes dont give you NEARLY as much as ap for the IP value.

Lastly, if you spec for offense with the 3 AD bonus in masteries, you cant spec defense.. well you will ask why thats a problem. If you spec defense you can also grab the 16ap bonus (masteries), the 15% magic pen (masteries) but a 4% AP boost in defensive masteries, as WELL as 60 bonus health and armor, and dodge chance and magic resist and speed when you dodge etc..

sorry idk if my point was very clear but i hope it helped

I was planning on using 3 quints of strength (+6.75 AD), 3 glyphs of strength (+0.27 AD), and +3 AD from masteries to reach a total of 10.02 AD, 9 marks for magic penetration (8.55 total), the other 5 glyphs for AP (+4.95 total), and the seals for dodge (6.75%)

the only differences that i can see between my build (15/15/0)and yours (11/19/0) at level 1 is that you have:

+15 more health (you have 1 extra point of veteran's scars)
+2% faster attack speed (your 3 points into ardor)

-0.11 less ap (from your quints and glyphs and archmage's savvy)
-6.75% dodge (i use those instead of your +48.15 health)
-2 less armor penetration (i have 1 extra point of sunder)
-1 less damage reduction (i have 2 extra points of harden skin)
and I am 435 gold closer to building rylai's scepter (which is important for securing ganks early game right?)

i did all the calculations, but let me know if something's wrong with my numbers or if something's missing ^_^
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 5:47am | Report
you just seem to be focused on the fact that rylais is the be all and end all of akali. Yes it is key but if you have ANY comprehension of how to farm, you dont need it right away.

now for your calculations,

so i will start with 23 ap, your book only gives you 20, plus my masteries in archmage's and ardors,

when i buy a longsword, it also buffs my E damage, on top of everything previous.

some people do what potatis does and grab dorans just by grabbing like 2 AD marks, the masteries then buying dorans, while maintaining the ap. I was just never a fan and you STILL dont get closer to your goal.

So cool, you got 425 gold closer to buying your "magical rylais", dont you think there is a reason i tell you to get revolver first, there is SYNERGY.

The SECOND you finish that revolver, you are healing, alot. In high elo you cant afford to just go around effortlessly ganking and raping people, you have to conserve until late game and die as LITTLE as possible. As akali i tend to stay in lane phase until level 12, just to put that out there. By Level 7 you should have about 1.2k gold, maybe a bit into 7. Then go back for your revolver, stay in lane or at least if you are with a ranged, give them some solo time and jungle after 7.

I am just used to a different playstyle i guess, but until ganking phase, you cant afford to leave your lane, you need to accumulate as much gold as possible in lane phase, if you get kills in your lane cool, if not.. dont leave.

- HeAt
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
damnitlammy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 11:31am | Report
hey HeAt, thanks for discussing this with me. i just made a build just for you to critique, we can continue the discussion there if you follow this link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/akali-the-asiaaan-ladyyy-24300

hopefully this clears up some misunderstanding :)
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 7:57pm | Report
no i see what you meant, but you will still get the longsword anyway, you still get the revolver. you end with 30 more ap or so WHEN you have the revolver, and you get the 4% AP bonus mastery my way.
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 7:58pm | Report
Your build is viable, again my build isnt a law, it is a guideline, and my best recommendation. I don't see why this has debate, if you prefer 1 way then do it by all means dude
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide