Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Health regen quints VS Health quints on supports.

Creator: Quite Nomible November 20, 2013 11:08am
Health quints or health regen quints?
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 11:08am | Report
So I scrolled a tiny bit in the rune page, and all of a sudden I saw a dusty rune called Greater Quintessence of Health Regeneration, which gives 2,7 health per 5 seconds. Then I started to compare it with the Greater Quintessence of Health, and then I did the following math:

When will the Greater Quintessence of Health Regeneration be more effective than a Greater Quintessence of Health?:
2,7 health/5 secs = 0,54 health/sec
26 / 0,54 = 48,15 seconds.
=> It will take 48,15 seconds to restore 26 health with a single health regen quint, which makes them equal in effectiveness assuming that you constantly weren't at full health.

Let's assume that you can stay as long as you have your wards, and you will start with 4 ward + the ward from your masteries, which is up to 13 minutes of vision. Maybe you have to place a counter ward, so that's minus 3 minutes = 10 minutes of brief vision, 10 minutes of brief safety.

The maximum effectiveness of Greater Quintessence of Health Regeneration would be:
10 minutes = 600 seconds.
600/48,15 = up to 12,5 times more effective than a Greater Quintessence of Health, assuming that you wouldn't be constantly at full health while you are in your lane.

TL;DR Health regeneration quints are a better choice than Health quints if you aren't at full health for more than 48,15 seconds.

Up to 12.5 times more effective. That's a big number, if you ask me. But of course it's definitely not always the case that you will be better off with health regen quints, because if you go with an all-in support like Leona, you definitely want to be more beefier throughout the whole fight. Therefore, I think they are the most effective if you have a lane against poking supports, or if you are one by yourself. If you have to poke with Lulu, for example, the enemy ADC will most likely attempt to win the trade with you, which causes you to lose health (durr). You regain health faster with these quints, so I think it would be way more efficient to trade with these quints than the flat health quints.

Otherwise, I think a mix of these runes might be better, especially for the early-game, because supports like Sona are reaaally squishy.

Sorry if I used derpy English, it's not my best language I use T_T.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
nog even kort samengevat: een lampje is voor dove mensen, een ratelapparaat voor blinden. het mooiste is natuurlijk een combinatie van beide: een lampje met een ratelapparaat, voor het geval er iemand langskomt die blind én doof is.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 10:42pm | Report
Definitely health > health regen. I don't really think you can apply math to this as it's a matter of surviving a single all-in or jungle gank, rather than sustaining in an extended laning phase. MAYBE if you're playing long range pokey support vs long range pokey support but even then all-ins or ganks happen and in that case flat health is always much more useful than regen.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2013 10:53pm | Report
It's more useful if you're full health when it happens. Which doesn't typically happen in an all-in situation.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2013 7:43am | Report
Hmm... I get the point about the all-in, but sacrificing only 26 health for a way more efficient laning phase... I dunno, the numbers show it how good these quints could be if it's about laning. I think these quints could perform better than health quints under certain circumstances, but they're definitely not core.
- met hans
- ja, goedemiddag
- het is nog morgen hoor
- o, dan bel ik u vanmiddag terug

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide