Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help With Jarvan vs AP Top

Creator: CrazyMBP April 7, 2012 6:58am
CrazyMBP
<Member>
CrazyMBP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2012 6:58am | Report
Hey guys. I've been maining Jarvan top for a while now following Plazmuh's build on Solomid (its AWESOME), and been having a ton of success. Two champs have constantly given me trouble though - kennen and vladimir. He recommends a rune page of ArPen Marks, 2 Health Regen Quints, 1 MR Quint, Flat MR blues, 6 Health per level yellows, and 3 armor yellows. Anyway, I use lifesteal quints instead of health regen when i play J4, and i don't have health per elvel yellows.

I'm curious, do you tyhink a full MR rune page would work against vlad and kennen? I saw in the patch preview that these runes are getting nerfed, but do you think this will work against AP champs top lane? Thanks!
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2012 7:14am | Report
It already work in top and, in a certain point, in midlane.

Against vlad, it surely helps a lot. Against kennen too, but kennen loves to harass with AA in early game, so don't expect to take no damage from him ^^.

But keep in mind that red and quint MR also shut down your damages, that's why I personnaly use some yellow+blue+one or 2 quint defensive (armor or mr) and the red and the other quints are AD, arpen or MR.
The full defensive runepages work great on champ who have heavy built-in dmg like olaf or scale poorly on AD/arpen/Mpen (shen).
And here you understand how big is the amount of IP a solo top has to farm to have a good choice of runepages ... Still farming MR quints :c

Then mr boots, sustain and HP and the toplane is yours

I saw the patch preview too, and it is said that the nerf wont be that huge, a full MR runepage would lose 4 ou 6 mr
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2012 7:58am | Report
Kennen and Vlad are gay laners, and since Jarvan isn't naturally good at top lane, I'd assume you'd have to play relatively more passive.

I don't play Jarvan a lot in top so I can't say about his laning capabilities.

But,
Hexdrinker #1 ^ ^

Get an early Hexdrinker and you'll do better in lane

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide