Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is nidalee too strong? What should a player do...

Creator: tasteslikepuddin September 14, 2014 3:25pm
tasteslikepuddin
<Member>
tasteslikepuddin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2014 3:25pm | Report
So a huge turning point in the meta of top lane has been the revival of "AD" Nidalee. I put quotes around this because most of her damage is still Magic based. For a top laner she can kite you for days and will never let a champion close the gap unless she wants you to. But that's not the issue I have. The issue I have is that she will build a trinity force and hurt a lot with her basic attacks and then even though she is AD her spells will still shred through your health more than an all you can eat McDonalds. That is my issue. Her damage and the range that she can jump with her pounce and a mark are extremely eye opening. I know Elise used to be able to close that gap but we also have to remember that she after her initial combo she doesn't deal a ton of damage. My question is what items and champions are good against this new nidalee? Is there a basic counter play style besides dodging spears and staying out of the always trapped bushes that will allow me to win lane? I usually play Yorick to counter her but that gets boring from time to time.
TasteslikePuddin

Click the bear to see my guide
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2014 3:27pm | Report
Play Irelia.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 1:51am | Report
Play any type of sustain champ that carries lategame. Irelia, Cho'Gath, Warwick, Iron Mantle Udyr.^^

Also, even if she is AD, build magic resistance first. Your Doran's Shield will cover her basic attacks and the rest of her damage is magic anyway. For Cho it would be Spirit Visage-> Frozen Heart and she is then completly shutdown.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 2:08am | Report
Gnar.

Been playing him really frequently this month, and I find he is actually quite strong. Against Nidalee, even if she lands her spear, Gnar can just Hop away as she pounces in creating this window for counterplay. By then Nidalee can't do much, and Gnar can just Q and AA into triggering his W. Also once Gnar transforms the lockdown kills Nidalee completely.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 2:35am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Play any type of sustain champ that carries lategame. Irelia, Cho'Gath, Warwick, Iron Mantle Udyr.^^

I don't think you know what a "champ that carries lategame" is. All of them - apart from Irelia, who still has great strengths lategame - peak in power midgame, becoming relatively "eh" lategame, especially dudyr and warweak

Toplane Swain should be able to deal with her if he doesn't break to pre-6 pressure. I'm not sure if akali can't either because I don't play stealth champs OR nid currently so not sure if her Jav reveals akali in the shroud.

Dr. Mundo also "outscales" her (aka stops dying stupidly), although his usability vs hers midgame is questionable. Also, shouldn't Nasus poop on her?
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 2:37am | Report
Irelia is meh lategame, she's primarily mid game. Warwick and Cho are pretty decent late game although very one dimensional.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 2:38am | Report
But they become great tanks with moderate damage lategame that makes a difference and they scale better than Nidalee.

Or that incoming changes, currently on PBE, are gonna stop her.

Nidalee
  • General
    • Base Attack Damage reduced to 44 from 49.
    • Base Attack Speed reduced to 0.638 from 0.670.
  • Takedown
    • Attack Damage ratio reduced to 0.8 / 2.0 / 2.67 from 1.0 / 2.5 / 3.33 (min/max/maxHunt).
    • Ability Power ratio increased to 0.3 / 0.75 / 1.0 from 0.24 / 0.6 / 0.8 (min/max/maxHunt).
  • Pounce
    • On-kill cooldown reduction now reduces the cooldown to 1.5 seconds (now affected by CDR) increased from 1 second.
    • Revised Hunt Bonus: Nidalee can pounce on Hunted enemies at up to double range and Pounce's cooldown is reduced to 1.5 seconds (affected by CDR) if she hit her target.
  • Swipe
    • No longer affects the cooldown of Pounce when used on a Hunted target.
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 1:29pm | Report
Nidalee is just a lane bully with a gapcloser, basically just Lulu or Ryze with better all-in. Irelia works pretty well against Nidalee and all other ranged champs. I'd imagine Lulu, Jayce, and Wukong do rather well against her as well. Maybe not so much Wukong, I've never played that matchup, but I'm assuming based on how Wukong vs. Jayce goes.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide