Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jayce - Tank?

Creator: Doxxxie August 15, 2012 8:51am
Doxxxie
<Member>
Doxxxie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 8:51am | Report
Hi,

I'm realative new to LoL, and still got much to learn.
But what do you think about Jayce being a tank?

I tried it in a bot game, and got pretty good stats
500 AP
4750 HP
199 Armour

The reason why i made him Jayce AP as tank, is because of the Lightning Field,
which at lvl 18 ticked for 860dmg/4 sec

I got the "To the skies" which does minor dmg but slow the enemies for 50% for 2 sec

I also got the acceleration gate, to help my team to get away or hunt down enemies.
I could probably get better stats, since i did not use proper runes and mastery.

What you guys think, would it work, i dont "dare" to try this without someone with more expertice comment on it. :)

Gear:
Randuin's Omen
Sorcerers shoes
Rod of Ages
Will of the Ancients
Rabadons Deathcap
Warmogs Armour

Thanks in advance
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 10:18am | Report
surprised you're going for the aoe damage when you arent also building a sunfire cape..

in all honesty, jayce is better built with atrimogs, then as a tank. since he scales extremely better with ad.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2012 12:59pm | Report
I have found that I can play him much more as a tanky-DPS. I played one game, and I find that this build can wreck squishes, while still giving you extreme tankiness. I got to 3400 health, with Mercs, Atmogs, Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, and Trinity Force. I was also able to get to around 190 armor in Hammer Mode. The best part about this however was the 401 damage. While some would see this as overkill, late game with 58% Crit chance the W on Cannon Form is devastating, easily destroying enemy AD Carries. I'm sure that there are other ways to play Jayce, and ways that are better, but if you are doing well (And you should be if you are Jayce) you can easily snowball and carry you team, while being tanky.
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
The Arcane One
<Member>
The Arcane One's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 12:32pm | Report
Playing him as a Trinity Tank is probably slightly better, although I don't see why you couldn't build him as an AP Tank. I'd probably try your build if I bothered to purchase Jayce =b

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide