Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Multiple roles

Creator: Chaotic Bliss August 31, 2010 6:38am
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 6:38am | Report
Hello all, first post here, and Im just wanting some feed back.

If any of you have been to my profile, you would have seen that my builds arent 'right'. I built each champ with my current in-game build. Ill admit that Garen doesnt benefit from my Support Masteries involving mana, but everything else yes.

My point is this... Why is it that when players think of a Champ, that said champ is only limited to one role?

The Nuke Taric build that I have is an example. Just because Taric falls into the Tank/Support catergory(SP), doesnt mean he has to be played that way. Ive also seen a few debates on Sion being a decent tank, and he doesnt need to be built AD or AP. Than there is the AP or AD Ez. I mean there are many ways to build each champ. Hell Ive seen AP Soroka that raped everyone and rarely threw a heal.

Can someone please tell me why 'non-traditional' roles for champs is frowned upon? Im just not seeing why its bad to mix things up

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 3:56pm | Report
It's not exactly frowned upon but a lot of people in-game just look at their builds and are like "U nub lulululz, why no heal? **** u nub lulz"
Anything different apparently = nooby these days.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 6:25pm | Report
if you have a healing skill, then everyone automatically expects you to heal. while almost every champ can fit at least 2 roles, some roles aren't as... popular, as the others. i have a friend who thinks nasus is strictly a tank, yet i always play him as ad, because his skills (lifesteal/extra damage/slow/aoe damage + armor redux) sound like they really benefit a damage character.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 8:57pm | Report
I feel like Taric=Holy Paladin or Prot Paladin. Well I feel like thats how people look at him. Well thanks for the feed back. Its nice to see what others think

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide