Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nasus Viable?

Creator: Aeacus11 July 9, 2012 8:36pm
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 2:24pm | Report
Duff only beats nasus in ranked, in normal games he loses to nasus every time! O:
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 10:16pm | Report
I personally would put Nasus over Tryndamere. I have actually seen him be useful on many more ocassions than I have seen Trynd.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
animeafreak1994
<Member>
animeafreak1994's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 6:39pm | Report
I can pretty much own with nasus, just by getting lucidity boots and a trinity force, but that's just my opinion.
~ Check out my AP teemo guide, works in ANY lane! ~ How NOT to fail with AP teemo
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 6:54pm | Report
There was a Nasus on a french team I think it was Sypher a while back. Haven't seen one since then. :P
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 7:11pm | Report
Yes. But by that logic every champ is viable in solo queue.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 10:35pm | Report
I've owned Tryndaqueer with my Nasus. Every time. And danced on his corpse while asking "who let the dogs out?"

You can play ranked nasus. All the enemy has to do is pick the wrong solotop (as in, one whose damage in time is negligible to the point you can farm and heal due to your passive/item choice). I do agree that I've been needed before I was ready, but I've also given ganks through teleport that gave my team tears of joy and tripplekills.

Real point tho? There are many that can do "better" without so many issues at being a decent pick. He is fun tho. And people are never sure how much you're gonna eat away from them the first time he appears after his farming top.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

MicroGodrad
<Member>
MicroGodrad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2012 7:58pm | Report
Nasus is extremely viable, if you can play well enough! I don't care if you are top laning against a hyper agressive Kennen, or Jax, or even a Fizz! If you have to, you can switch lanes with your ADC and Support for 5 minutes or so (yes I have seen that happen and work), or even switch to mid (this can actually be a really good idea, especially if they have an anti-caster like Talon or Kassadin). I have seen a teams leave Nasus alone, because he wasn't present in a teamfight (also causing his team members to rage), only for him to turn up 10 minutes later, and 3-shot the tower with no minions, back-dooring right to the Nexus, Master Yi style.

So yes, if you can control your lane well enough, Nasus is viable.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2012 8:57pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

There was a Nasus on a french team I think it was Sypher a while back. Haven't seen one since then. :P

+8 million over the next month

sh0cki
<Member>
sh0cki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2012 5:46am | Report
Well, he is viable pick against few top champs, need to build only tank/utility stuff as Q does not scale of anything if you need to tank it all. If you are able to farm Q and do not let your top enemy to roam you are doing your job.
You can always mix some AP later too as there is nothing scaling from AD and CDR can help quite well.

But soloQ = focus on early game and mid game with few team fights => not viable, as you will have no impact till game is over most of the time. Items on fed Nasus can help, but long Q farm is mandatory in most cases.

Yes he can very well help with CC during ganks, but still you need long lane phase to catch up on dmg with other heroes who scale dmg with their stats, not stacks.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 11:04am | Report
Nasus can jungle rather well but i think he will lane much better. I always pick him if i see passive laners like Cho, Singed, etc... also, if you play well, you are Yoricks nightmare (you can farm the ghouls!)

Sig made by elenah

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide