Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nasus Viable?

Creator: Aeacus11 July 9, 2012 8:36pm
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 4:11am | Report
highest burst more likely, vs another mage nothing can compare because dat Primordial Burst
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 8:03am | Report
Veigar is awesome.

Nasus is useless **** garbage ****.

He sucks top lane. He sucks in the jungle, he sucks everywhere.

Useless.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 9:14am | Report

Do you mean he has the highest burst, or he's the best caster who specifically focuses on burst Luther?

Both. :P
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 9:52am | Report
He has to be played against champs who do not crush him all day long, and in a team that can do well in mid game with a not yet strong top.

And the jungler has to be able to do damage during gank, otherwise target won't die. Think about some anticarry guy too (jungler or some mid) because your mobility is often **** and you won't be able to hit the enemy AD if he knows how to kite/escape/play.

I find him very interesting to play but I would never feel safe when I pick him.

Summoner's spell : exhaust/tp + flash/sprint, the exhaust + W make enemy cry to escape a gank or win all-in trade. The team fight's power of those 2 is really great.

Build, it depends a lot, I like the philo for some regen, then a glacial shroud for tankyness and moar spells. Nasus is not meant to be picked against AP imo (he's shut down very hard by them). Then phage+sheen+zeal in the order you prefer, sheen for damage, phage for tankyness and chase, zeal for MS. Then HP MR, even shurelya for mini-sprint.
Do not feel obliged to finish the triforce early, HP and defensive stat can be better.

Have good runes (tons of armor and some AD) and be good with Q, E and aa to farm under tower because you will often be here.

If you fight the right champs or the rights players, you can do pretty well with him. Could do better with other top but hey, you can love a champ.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2012 12:53pm | Report
Yeap. I refer back to my, "Drive a truck cause you like trucks, drive a Ferrari to win the race" analogy.

Nasus is a truck. And your team is then stuck with a truck as well.

Whereas Lee might be a Ferrari.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 1:28pm | Report
all that hate on nasus
There are matchups he can do well in and plays out nicely
I usually pick nasus vs yorick and just go berserk because i can win that matchup so hard.
There are other matchups he can win but none he does specifically well in.
The trick is to build him all defensive and ignore the idea of rushing a sheen.
Get 2 gp10 if possible and then build resistances vs your lane so you can farm without any trouble.
Lategame you WILL get focused and sometimes might not even get off one Q on the ADcarry even tho you popped wither shurel and ghost. So your target is to be able to soak up as much damage as possible while doing the damage you have (Q). Triforce is a good item on him but i wouldnt pick it up early, instead i would get my Frozen heart and FoN first in most matchups. (some matchups ofc you can stomp rushing triforce -> do it)

Even in the jungle he can be played but he is far from being top tier there. His clear is slow, almost no mobility and meh ganks. I found a liking to him and for some reason are doing really well on him.
I agree if people say he is not a good champ but he is definitely not as ****py as people make him out to be.
Looking for proof?
http://strawhatbro.net/stream/

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 2:37pm | Report
Useless PoS champion.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 2:39pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Useless PoS champion.

That's what I think of Tryndaqueer.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 2:52pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Useless PoS champion.

Piece of Sunshine?

animorte wrote:

That's what I think of Tryndaqueer

I carry hard as "Tryndaqueer"... Barely went negative (maybe 3 games out of 100?)... So YOU DA PIECE OF SUNSHINE!
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 3:03pm | Report
Good for you.

I'm sure almost everybody has that one champion they despise beyond reasoning for some reason.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide