Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Champion Idea?

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard April 20, 2011 3:04pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 3:04pm | Report
Name: Calypsos
Type: Support/Caster

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Passive- Soothing Shallows: Nearby allies gain 3% of their existing mana regen (applies to energy but not health) as bonus mana regen (example: Allied Udyr starts with 7 mana regen/5 sec, but because he's laning with Calypsos he instead has with 7.2 mana/5 sec)

Q- Surge: causes a torrent of water to surge down a line (skill shot) dealing 75/90/120/150/200 damage (+60% ability power) to the first target (-20% damage/target down the line, max damage reduction: 80%) and slowing all targets' movement speed by 25% for 3 seconds (Mana cost: 70/75/80/85/90, CD: 5/7/10/12/15 seconds, range 1200)

W- Benevolent rainfall: rain falls healing 60/75/90/120/150 (+40% ability power) over 3 seconds to you and/or all allied champions in its radius (Mana cost: 200/225/275/300/350, CD: 50/45/30/25/20 seconds, range 800)

E- Stagnant Tidepool: Creates a small pool that lasts for 2 seconds: All targets who pass through it take 45/60/75/90/120 damage and are sickened* for 5 seconds (Mana Cost: 225, CD: 30 seconds, range 600)
*SICKENED: Reduces targets' health regen by 2/3/5/7/10%* (this would be effected by cleanse, merc's treads, and such)

R- Spiteful Maelstrom: Calypsos channels the wild energy of the ocean, is rooted to the ground, and after 2 seconds (can be interrupted) becomes a whirlpool (un-targetable, but cannot move or cast when in this state) that pulls all targets in its radius to the center and stuns them for 1/1.5/2 second(s), after which she becomes humanoid again. (Mana cost: 300/350/375/400/450 mana, CD: 150/120/90 sec, range 700)
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 5:06pm | Report
I really like this idea, but the cooldowns are really long on 3 of the spells, which can make the champion less dominant in the laning phase. You might want to reduce the cd on the w-ability to 30-40 seconds.. Also the ulti to 200/160/120 or so.. 200 seconds is just too much, since it can be interrupted.
However, the idea of the spells are awesome, and a water champion would be really cool in the leauge. :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 5:33pm | Report
I posted this on the LoL website (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=645877&highlight=new+champ+idea+calypsos)
Everyone whined about how OP it would be...
I made a few changes: How's that?
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 6:32pm | Report
The E-ability seems OP.
I think the MR reduction should be:
12/14/16/18/20%, at least when it's not an ulti.

Imagine Amumu's ulti combined with this xD
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 6:35pm | Report
Well, maybe it is OP, I don't know xD
But then I would lower the CD's and reduced the other stuff. Long cooldowns will make you less effective in laning phase, unless you have high physical dmg.. at least in some cases.

Maybe make the heal (+40% AP) and then lower the cd to 40 or 35. :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 11:19pm | Report
That probably makes sense (I honestly don't know what Amumu's ult does other than stun lol)...the problem is that the E ability already deals very little damage compared to other AoE abilities because it has such a low AP ratio (so it needed something to make it less underpowered), but the magic resist debuff is probably too high.
The E is like Miss Fortune's "Make it Rain" ability, so if you or your allies were to walk or be pushed (by a knockback or other similar ability) out of its radius it would be a waste. I'll just lower the base damage healed (because 50% AP is already lower than almost every heal in the game) and change the cooldown to 45/42/40/30/32 sec.
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 11:46pm | Report
Your numbers are all over the place. It's kind of annoying that it's not standardized but oh well. Anyway on to critique.

Q: The concept is pretty straight forward and not unlike many other line skillshots. I suggest you increase the base damage a bit, make it deal reduced damage to subsequent targets, and increase the CD a little bit. Something like 60/100/140/180/220, 15% less damage per target down to 70% damage minimum, and +1 second at all levels. This will make it do ok damage and still retain the primary focus of slowing down enemy targets.

W: Making Soraka's ulti in tiny form eh? It looks OP, but as is, it actually seems kind of useless to me. What you need to do is specify the range of the spell and/or its AoE. Otherwise people will assume the worst and think it's got a huge range and can easily heal everyone on your team during a team fight. Also the name of the spell suggests that it's a heal over time? somewhat misleading.

E: Basically this spell is Morgana's Tormented Soil except it has % MR reduction making it hugely OP IMO. My suggestion is to rework this spell entirely.

R: I don't really know what to say about this skill. The CD is exceptionally long, the mana costs are all over the place, and it instantly sucks enemies into the center and stuns them? You should probably increase the channel time at the very least. I think the reason this spell would seem OP to most people is that, it really gives no chance for escape and can easily mass stun the entire enemy team making it a very powerful skill in an AoE team comp.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 3:14am | Report
I tried to fix the numbers so they matched better.
W: radius you place like Miss Fortune's Make it Rain (same range and radius). It was intended to heal over time I just forget the "over 3 seconds". The main thing that makes it balanced (to a point) is that while it heals multiple targets it needs to be carefully placed so as to not be wasted.
E: tried to rework, please give feedback
R: it has a channel time but you can't move once hit R. This means that regardless of short channel time they can easily get out of it if they don't have an interrupt as she can neither chase them nor ult into them. It's not fiddle's ult that channels and jumps in. It channels and then she can't move. She can't cast or activate items in this form either. This makes it useless unless you get swamped. It's actually underpowered if you think about it because it's only useful in a very specific scenario: It has a long CD, uses a lot of mana, and you're rooted to the same spot for 2/2.5/3 seconds...imagine if you accidentally cast it.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 6:49am | Report
The passive is way too useless. I'd make it map-wide like Janna's and Zilean's and have it increase the mana and health regen by 8%. The way it is the passive is weaker than Perseverence which is a tier 1 mastery. It should be significantly stronger than that. Zilean's has twice the power as a tier 2 mastery and janna's is as strong as a tier 4.

IMO, Q should cost around 140 at max level and around 70 at lvl 1. It's cooldown should be 10 seconds at all levels.

W is just too weak. Think about it, if you are lvl 18 and have 500 AP it will only heal 350HP over 3 seconds with a 20 second cooldown while costing an insane amount of mana. I'd change it to have a 10 second cooldown, cost 180 mana and have an AP bonus at +60%.

E is completely useless. It costs a lot of mana, does no damage, has a huge cooldown, lasts 2 seconds and the only thing it does is lower the health regen by 10%.
You should completely change the spell. I don't think it fits a water champion either. At least add some damage to it since you only have one damaging ability.

R can be weak or OP. If you have an amumu or galio then it's instant win. If you don't they can easily escape and make your ulti useless. The cooldown is way too short, I'd say 120 seconds minimum and the mana cost should be 350 maximum.
What if instead it would make everyone move according to the maelstorm's rotation while slowing the enemies and dealing damage? I think it would be a fun and unique spell to have with lots of different uses.

I like the theme and idea. A water based champion would be awesome.
Siridean
<Member>
Siridean's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 5:31pm | Report
i completely agree with Canaoas, except for the E, i dont think it is completely uselss, just needs a different effect. slow makes more sense for this ability(considering he's a water champ), but two slows seems rather pointless. maybe reduce attack speed and/or attack damage/ (think of a champ underwater).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide