Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Orianna help...PLZ HALP PLZ

Creator: throatslasher October 30, 2012 1:32pm
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 1:32pm | Report
I've been playing more and more ori lately. Quick question, should I max W or Q 1st? I know q's cooldown goes down to nothing, has a low mana cost, and is fairly easy to hit, but W has a gigantic aoe, scaling slow, great damage, great ratio, at the cost of having a longer cooldown and higher mana cost. I know TOYZ maxes Q, as do most ori's, but I tried it recently and I felt that I liked maxing W 1st. Any ori mains out there that want to set me straight?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 1:36pm | Report
I'll ask Khazem for you but he maxes Q in his guide. His Ori is prty good so he'd probably know.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:20pm | Report
You generally max Q first because ball positioning is very important and reducing the cooldown to reposition it often is very useful. It also allows you to constantly poke your opponent for a very low mana cost. Maxing W increases your poking strength and can be done when dominating your lane to just kill over and over.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:56pm | Report
I would suggest reading Khazem's guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/orianna-mathematical-errors-which-im-about-to-correct-232223

It specifically answers this question for a bunch of matchups in the matchup section. I found that really useful. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:57pm | Report
^ Use that. Khazem is a beast with Ori so... yeah :D
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide