Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Runes Question

Creator: bongjebong March 12, 2012 5:43pm
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:29pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

If you want defence on AP just go health/lvl yellows imo. Maybe even armour/lvl. Why get flat armour when you're laning against an AP?

You also listed way too much stuff bearing in mind he only has two runepages and probably not much IP.

The last game i played as AP mid was as soraka.

Soraka has 11 base armor.

If you take two shots from a wave of 6 minions you are at HALF HEALTH.

You can be more aggressive with armor runes because creeps do less damage.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:33pm | Report
Spells don't even draw creep aggro.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Spells don't even draw creep aggro.

You still get hit by creeps when you go to zone people.
Tri lane for life.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:43pm | Report
Wow the maths have spoken. Time to ditch my ArP for some AD runes if I'm only going to lose 2.7% dps and gain some much-needed help in last-hitting.

Although I would assume ArP are still more beneficial for junglers, seeing as how last hitting isn't a part of that equation.

I'm not sold on the Movespeed quints for everyone though. If I can't position my AD carry correctly to start with, I'm probably going to be extremely dead long before my slightly faster running can help me. For junglers and top laners it makes more sense.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:52pm | Report

Wow the maths have spoken. Time to ditch my ArP for some AD runes if I'm only going to lose 2.7% dps and gain some much-needed help in last-hitting.

Although I would assume ArP are still more beneficial for junglers, seeing as how last hitting isn't a part of that equation.

I'm not sold on the Movespeed quints for everyone though. If I can't position my AD carry correctly to start with, I'm probably going to be extremely dead long before my slightly faster running can help me. For junglers and top laners it makes more sense.

All that math is done for an AD carry, with a fully stacked BT, LW, IE, PD, and berserkers greaves, with 21/x/x masteries and AD quints.

If you modify anything the math would have to be redone.

At level 1 AD marks are better, but ArP is better late.

Most junglers who don't have an auto attack reset, or an AD scaling ability will benefit from attack speed marks more so than ArP i believe.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:59pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

At level 1 AD marks are better, but ArP is better late.

Sounds about right. Who buys runes for late game anyway? :P
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 1:07pm | Report
True story on the attack speed runes. I guess I was just surprised to see that it was only a 2.7% loss, even under those specific conditions. I always imagined it was far more drastic, in the 10-15% range, which would justify the difficulties experienced early game. At least now it is something that I will toy with personally until I find a setup that works best.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 3:24pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

But later I assume with % ArP mastery and LW, the AD > the flat ArP.

Actually no. I'm not 100% sure, but If I remember it correctly then ArP marks are still better than AD marks, even with those 46%ArP.
Quoted:
I do know that the difference is minor either way against champions. It's worth it imo just for the way easier last hitting.

**** no. AD falls off very hard against champions while it remains good against minions throughout the game.
It's basically like this: AD is good while your AD scaling damage is low, but gets less effective the more damage you get. ArP is a percental increase in damage, so it will always remain good (just less effective the more armor enemies stack).
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 3:28pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Prty sure you hit a lot harder very early game with AD? o_O Might be wrong about that but it feels that way.

You do, but they fall of HARD in mid and late unless you build a lot of crit.
Even with crit and LW the AD quints are still behind the ArP quints.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 3:44pm | Report

True story on the attack speed runes. I guess I was just surprised to see that it was only a 2.7% loss, even under those specific conditions. I always imagined it was far more drastic, in the 10-15% range, which would justify the difficulties experienced early game. At least now it is something that I will toy with personally until I find a setup that works best.

Nope, AS runes are useless for ganks and only really help in the jungle. You should normally grab 10-15ArP then the rest as AS if you want the optimal setup. A lot of people run 11.667ArP just because the golems have 12 armor.

As for those calcs; he made them with a FULL endgame build that has several items that make AD more effective and an item that makes ArP less effective.
So before those items; in midgame you'll deal noticeably more damage with ArP.
Still, I wouldn't say AD marks are bad if you can't lasthit well, but if you're good enough I think ArP marks should be taken.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide