Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Template for the perfect team?

Creator: Kirluu May 3, 2011 3:11am
1 2
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 3:11am | Report
Hey, I was just wondering, because I believe I at some point spotted someone talking about a template for the perfect team. (Support placed in bot, certain characters to play solo top in case of a jungler, etc.)
I'm looking for getting a better understanding of the "perfect team construction", and of which champions are ideal to certain spots on the map. I already pretty much realise that a physical carry fx should be in mid, then a support with a tank in bot, and someone strong for solo lane top and a jungler. I believe this is a nice way to set a team up, however... Where do you put the casters?? And what if you have Amumu in the jungle? Then should there be no other tank? (Support and caster in bot would be very fragile)
Also, how about people like Tryndamere or so? (Physical DPS).

I'm basing this request on there being a jungler no matter what, by the way. Everyone on lane makes it a bit simpler to figure out.

Anyone who can give a fulfilling answer that answers my questions? :P For the note: I'm not looking for BASICS, I'm more like looking for PRECISE answers, that explain why and how a team should be constructed.

^Inspiration for this thread is coming from me and a friend thinking about starting to play some serious ranked games. (Have not really done so, yet - mostly everyone just playing what they feel like).

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
3pthorror
<Member>
3pthorror's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 4:39am | Report
Renekton(tanky dps) TOP SOLO
Amumu(tank) JUNGLER
Malzahar(ap carry) MID
taric(support/tank) BOT
miss fortune(ranged dps carry) BOT

something like this is what i see as a good team template, you can switch the spots with different characters of the same type.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 10:14am | Report
Perfect Team setup wold be:
Tanky DPS Jungler
Ranged AD Carry
AP Carry
Support
Tank

Irelia(Solo top)
Ashe(Bot)
Kassadin(Mid)
Janna(Bot)
Shen(Jungle)

Just some spontaneous setup, there can't be a perfect setup because your enemy is a (More or less)unpredictable factor.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 10:27am | Report
All supports is almost unkillable.
All tanks are equally unkillable, but deal less damage (unless Amumu or Mordekaiser).
All ranged carries with great CC, can't catch them (except maybe Yi, Olaf, Irelia).
All bruisers (tanky/dps), you are ****ed.

Aside from that, ignore my comment. :P Everybody else gave you the right idea.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 10:55am | Report
Teams that rely on one sort of champion are too easy to counter to be effective.
All Tanks: Madreds, Wit's End etc...
All Supports: Burst, Heal reduction, CC....
All Ranged: CC, Burst, any kind of damage. It's just a bad idea.
All Bruisers: CC, Focus Burst, Supporter(Bruisers are very item dependant so you only have to pick out their strongest one and you see them fall)

It's like writing an exam and only learning one field.

El Psy Congroo.

AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 10:58am | Report
ppl need to understand magic damage never counter a semi decent tank .
Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:02am | Report
That would be the counter to the counter, I'm just talking about what's most effective in the common case.

El Psy Congroo.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:04am | Report
AnIh wrote:

ppl need to understand magic damage never counter a semi decent tank .

Exactly...Only the stupid ones forget to get MR =D
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:38am | Report
Well, a tank is always necessary. It's best if he can take awesome amounts of damage and have suficient CC. It's also nice for him to be able to put out some damage, but that's not required.

You also want a really good/fast jungler that can gank just as well. That way he can gank absolutely any and every enemy that steps out of place. But if the enemies never do step out of place and are never a threat to your laners, your jungler needs to be able to counter-jungle and get his own jungling done as quickly as possible for better leveling.

I think it's always a great idea to have a support with one of your main carries(anti-carry), a support that doesn't need very much farming to still do their job, thus giving the carry as much farming as possible.

A solo lane carry will be able to do the same thing, farm all day and preferably be able to shut down the enemy, not letting them farm. That is where the jungler comes in to help.

Most importantly, the ones that need the farming must be able to always last hit. If they can't, the idea is useless.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2011 11:40am | Report
Huh. I was always under the impression that there is no perfect team. Guess that makes this thread a moot point.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide