Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Where should you put different types of players?

Creator: Ommadawn October 23, 2012 4:03pm
Ommadawn
<Member>
Ommadawn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 4:03pm | Report
You're starting a team, and you're deciding who should play in which position. You have 5 players with varying strengths and weaknesses.

Player A: Good game understanding and positioning. Occasional poor decisions. Slow/inaccurate micro.
Player B: Good instincts/micro. Poor positioning and game understanding, occasional stupid decision.
Player C: Good micro, positioning, decisions and game understanding. Can get frustrated.
Player D: Good micro, positioning, decisions and game understanding. Good communicator.
Player E: Good micro, positioning, game understanding. Occasional poor decisions.

Where do you put each player? More importantly, why did you put each player in their position?
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 4:29pm | Report
i argue there is no optimal.

also, saying a player has iherently bad positioning won't change his ingame position/lane, just says he should play bulkier/slippery champs. as well for other parameters.
frustration makes someone obcess over something, and that is bad for squishy roles too. i hink all shuld be able to look to the map once in a while and make a proper interpretatin on what's happening.
ofc, carries should know better than wandering alone and what route to take. some can ge away better with it, and that's why flash is op.

Sig made by Tamy
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 4:31pm | Report
On the fountain.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:15pm | Report
Player A, Top lane, you're tanky, you don't need to be 100% accurate with your micro.

Player B, Probably AD carry, simply because they only have to understand "attack the closest, don't die" and they will do well.

Player C, Mid Lane, I put them here because frustration would be toxic bottom lane, and top lane. In mid, you can go gp10 and play from behind a little bit more than top or bottom can.

Player D, Jungler, you generally want your best player to be your jungler because he has to watch the map, know where to apply pressure, and know what to do with his time.

Player E, Support, positioning is probably the most important thing for a support, and good micro is a plus. Bad decisions are much more obviously bad when you have less health and items.

That's my take on it, but others might have different opinions :)
Tri lane for life.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:20pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:
Player B, Probably AD carry, simply because they only have to understand "attack the closest, don't die" and they will do well.

Ok, I didn't read the thread fully coz I disagree with it's basis (since lane specialization can occur), but I disagree with this. The OP said "poor positioning", and "positioning" is pretty much the key for both AD and AP carries.

Also, to the OP: the "where" isn't what you want, but rather the role. You can put any role in any lane (bad as it may be), so saying "A goes top" doesn't equal "A goes AD Bruiser".
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 5:24pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Ok, I didn't read the thread fully coz I disagree with it's basis (since lane specialization can occur), but I disagree with this. The OP said "poor positioning", and "positioning" is pretty much the key for both AD and AP carries.

Also, to the OP: the "where" isn't what you want, but rather the role. You can put any role in any lane (bad as it may be), so saying "A goes top" doesn't equal "A goes AD Bruiser".

Well, poor positioning combined with good micro isn't possible.

Unless he's putting himself in bad positions and can micro well, in which case he's not going to be good in any role, best put him into the fire from the start and have him improve his positioning.
Tri lane for life.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 6:02pm | Report
Player A: Good game understanding and positioning. Occasional poor decisions. Slow/inaccurate micro.
Player B: Good instincts/micro. Poor positioning and game understanding, occasional stupid decision.
Player C: Good micro, positioning, decisions and game understanding. Can get frustrated.
Player D: Good micro, positioning, decisions and game understanding. Good communicator.
Player E: Good micro, positioning, game understanding. Occasional poor decisions.

A: Support or Top - A good micro won't be as necessary for a support as, say an ADC should, if they haven GP10s. Top just has to hold the fort down.

B: Support - With poor positioning and game understanding, staying in the backlines and providing support should be sufficiently safe enough for them to start learning more about the game. Wouldn't recommend an offensive-based support like Leona or Alistar.

C: Mid or Jungler - C and D can interchange. Jungler has fantastic game changing plays, best combined by getting mid-lane to win. Being a jungler could be bad in this position should his jungling fall behind and he becomes frustrated. However, good communication with D should compensate with this.

D: Mid or Jungler - Same as above. Obviously the natural leader and as such, should play game-changing positions like mid, who can gank lanes, or jungle, who roams and ganks. Either way, good map awareness is key with these two roles.

E: ADC - Just right-clicking to win most the time, can't really go wrong with that. A good micro will mean a good farm.
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 3:25pm | Report
Experiment with champions until you find the ones you like..

Chances are, the ones you like (and play with the most) will be the ones you're good at.

There's really no right answer for this.

For example, I started with Ashe. I learned how to position myself as to not get 1 hit. As a result, I'm good at positioning and play defensively until I find an opening, and then I strike.
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 3:33pm | Report
Learn about which player mains which role. For example, sL Nova (Vavena) mains ADC whilist sL Anomaly (Incapacitate) mains ADC. Just find out what each player likes, if you don't have anyone that mains jungle, find someone. I am sure there is someone willing to play for your team :)
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide