Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's final Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

24 Hour Streaming Event for Charity!

Creator: TGP4Ryan July 30, 2013 9:49pm
TGP4Ryan
<Member>
TGP4Ryan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 9:49pm | Report
Hello everyone,

Saturday the 10th of August i'm planning on streaming (close to) 24 hours for charity and i will be asking for donations to give to the Global Citizen Year Fund. This fund directly supports sending gap year students abroad into 3rd world countries to study in their field of choice while providing care and services to the people in their chosen 3rd world country and developing leadership skills to lead our world into a kinder future. Here is a video link explaining the program in depth if you are more curious about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w9JY_xgPO08

I will be setting up a link for paypal donation and i would really appreciate any and all support for this cause. Any size donation is welcomed and it's perfectly fine if you don't donate at all as well. I would ask that you please help the spread the word of this event to your friends and family who are league of legends players. I am by no means a popular streamer but i really want to make a huge impact and i would appreciate any help.

If you have any questions about validation that the money is going to the correct place send me a PM, preferably on twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/martin_luther_x), but you can email me at jimmyyonders@yahoo.com.

I do need feedback from you guys on what i should do during the stream because i'm planning on streaming for 24 hours, so i'll need plenty of different fun things to do during my stream. If you have any ideas, don't be afraid to post here. Thank you everyone, and look for more information soon.

You can contact me at:

my email, jimmyyonders@yahoo.com

My twitch account, http://www.twitch.tv/martin_luther_x

and on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Gaming-Paradise/194697113934561?ref=hl

Thank you.
yannis
<Member>
yannis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 2:44am | Report
Hey, charity events would be more than welcome on the MFTV channel if you would like to get some more people for your event. Contact me if you are interested.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 5:31am | Report
Any proof that the money really goes to charity?
TGP4Ryan
<Member>
TGP4Ryan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 8:45am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Any proof that the money really goes to charity?

I'm still working out the logistics with Global Citizen year but i should have some sort of official supporter validation soon. Stay tuned.
TGP4Ryan
<Member>
TGP4Ryan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 11:50pm | Report
Made contact today, hoping for another call tomorrow.
TGP4Ryan
<Member>
TGP4Ryan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 9:09am | Report
I'll be giving away some cool swag during my charity stream. I'll be giving you guys RP, some Infinite Crisis Beta Codes and a big surprise item. Stay tuned for more info.
TGP4Ryan
<Member>
TGP4Ryan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 11:11am | Report
Remember everyone my 24 Hour Charity Live stream is this Saturday (Aug 10th) starting at 7 AM PST. I'll be playing the Payday 2 Beta, the Infinite Crisis Closed Beta, League of Legends and plenty of other games from my Steam library. I will also be giving away RP, Infinite Crisis closed beta keys with access to the new 2 lane map called Coast City and a mystery Grand Giveaway prize. A promo video will be up soon as well as a Paypal donation system. Thank you everyone for your support!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide