Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

New Caster to the Scene

Creator: Jay_Atkins May 20, 2013 5:15am
Jay_Atkins
<Member>
Jay_Atkins's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2013 5:15am | Report
First thing is first, thank you for taking the time to read this post. Ok so most (if not all of you) will have no clue who I am and as I plan on casting a lot of LoL I feel an introduction is in order. My name is Jason “Jay” Atkins. I have been involved in eSports in some form or fashion since 2001. First starting with the Team Sportscast Network then moving on to QuadV and now I am with the Gamesports Network (Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH) . During my time in eSports I have been involved in production, tournament management and casting, across so many games I have literally lost track.

My main focus was Counter Strike having covered events for CPL, WSVG, Kode5, Multiplay, ESWC and WCG events as well as many smaller regional LAN’s. I also worked through QuadV on UK broadcast TV for Xleague/Pulse. All the while producing hour after hour of casts from one of the first bedroom studios capable of streaming video. After a rough patch and a lack of motivation due to the general stagnation of eSports in the UK I decided to join the working stiffs and fall back on my education. As many of my contemporaries have done I have now returned like the prodigal son. And I’m really happy that I’m back.

So yea this is basically a post to let you guys know that I will be throwing my full weight behind League of Legends from my studio in Berlin, while I am new to casting LoL I am not new to the scene having followed it since day one. I am a huge fan of what RIOT and the community have accomplished and I would like to add what I can. Obviously I have yet to reach my potential in casting League but I hope you guys will bear with me as I get into the scene hopefully filling a gap that I see. I have a background in Motion Graphics and production so I am hoping that my production values will help to raise interest in the up and coming teams which given enough support will then enable me to gain the reputation that is required to gain access to upper-echelon of the scene.

Details of how to follow me can be found below, any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

My VoD's can be found - www.Youtube.com/GameSportsNetwork
My Facebook fan page - www.facebook.com/JasonJayAtkins
My Twitter - www.twitter.com/Jason_Atkins

Jason “Jay” Atkins

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide