Fiora Build Guide by iownedya
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Changes since 3/4/12:
3/2/12 Started guide.
3/4/12 Extended guide.
3/6/12 Published guide and added Quicksilver Sash to situational items.
3/11/12 Added Gameplay Tips section.
3/16/12 Fixed some mistakes from IceCreamy's review. Check out his review shop! Added Jungle Fiora.
Fiora is a new champion that I have seen at least 5 people playing with her. Their opposing team usually says "YOU ARE SO OP!" Personally, I disagree. Fiora may be strong, but not OP, although the untargetable stance at Blade Waltz is pretty unfair looking back at the damage it deals. This build is a unique way of building Fiora, so all you noobs out there, SHUT YER MOUTHS IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY RIGHT!
I've seen the basic Fiora, but I believe that Fiora is too weak when it comes to teamfights. I wanted a Fiora who could hold out against 5 people while her teammates killed the opposing team. She would be able to do tons of damage and survive the whole fight. She will be strong early, mid, and late game because of her survivabilit and extreme damage.
Something is messed up with the Pros/Cons thing, I know.
Thanks for jhoijhoi for helping me make my guide... A LOT! She helped me with all the BBCoding. Her format is extremely helpful.
+ Very strong and has a bunch of sustainability
+ Untargetable during ultimate
+ Has a dash with a second dash that costs no mana
+ Extreme attack speed with the Burst of Speed on
+ Can parry basic attacks with special effects (ex. Siphoning Strike, Decisive Strike, etc.)
+ Very strong 1 v 1
+ Can jungle
- Item Reliant
- Long cooldowns
- Focused first
- Riposte scales on AP
- Burst of Speed only gives movement for attacking or lunging
Why Mercury's Treads? It has a small boost of magic resist, they are boots, and the most important thing is the tenacity. This will allow you to be stunned, blinded, suppressed, etc. with no problem.
Trinity Force is a great item to have because it gives a little of everything. The Sheen effect is boosted with Trinity Force. This with the Blade Waltz will do massive damage because Blade Waltz triggers on-hit effects such as Madred's Bloodrazor, Wit's End, Ionic Spark, etc.
This item gives massive amounts of health. This is quite early game, so you will be able to farm your Warmogs' Armor very well. This item will allow her to survive extremely well.
Since we already have a lot of health items and you need attack damage, why not use that health for attack damage? This item will also give you a great amount of armor and critical strike.
Well, now that you have a bunch of critical strike and attack damage, why not get infinity edge? This will boost your damage significantly.
Remember the Vampiric Scepter from before? Now turn that into a The Bloodthirster! This will give you a maximum of 100 increased damage and 25% lifesteal! You will be able to kill anyone.
Fortitude- Why this elixer first? Well, it gives health as well attack damage, the basic necessities for this build. Also, it gives even more attack damage from Atma's Implaer. This massive damage buff will really benefit your Lunge and Blade Waltz.
Agility- Next comes this elixer because it gives attack speed. this is good with Burst of Speed. Also the critical strike chance is useful for the Infinity Edge. Although Elixer of Fortitude gives no attack speed, that one is a better choice.
Brilliance- Last comes this elixer. Why? Because it is an AP elixer, enough said. The cooldown is mainly what you need, however, Riposte scales off ability power, so it may be of some use from that side as well.
Oracle's- This elixer is pretty good in any place in between the above elixers. This will allow you to kill things like Teemo, Sight Wards, Vision Wards, Twitch, etc. Get this if you are a support, facing a support, or need it to spot out invisible people.
This item is good at the beginning of the game, but it becomes useless at the end of games. This item allows you to farm a lot easier and still have sustainability in-lane. Sell this item at the end of games or middle of games to get a more useful item.
Mercury's Treads will allow you to have a boost in magic resist, tenacity (lowering effects of CC), and more movement! These boots are really the best boots in game.
This item will benefit from Wriggle's Lantern's passive. In addition to extreme survivability. Later on, this will give you attack damage from Atma's Impaler.
This item is like the best health and dps item there is. Each hit will grant a slow, and this item gives an amazing boost to health and a small boost to attack damage.
Frozen Mallet and Warmog's Armor both give extreme amounts of health, so why not get Atma's Impaler to convert some of that hralth into extra attack damage? This will give about 100 - 200 extra attack damage.
That Vampiric Scepter from before will turn into this amazing The Bloodthirster! This will give you up to an extra 100 attack damage as well as 12 - 25% more lifesteal. Why wouldn't you get this item?
You are still lacking some magic resist now, so get this item to protect you from one single spell and give extra mana, health, and magic resist. One skill shield can save you from Requiem, Cannon Barrage, etc.
Enemies stacking health with no magic resist? Fear not! Madred's Bloodrazor are here to counter that! The recent buff is really helpful for all attack damage champions.
This item gives an extreme amount of health as well as the Warmog's Armor, but since you have Trinity Force, the slow will be useless. The health for the Atma's Impaler is amazing, though.
This item is great for the armor penetration and the active. The active goes perfectly with your Burst of Speed. This is a very useful item for all attack damage champions.
This item reduces enemies' armor for every hit, so this procs on your ultimate as well as Trinity Force. Every hit will lower their armor resulting in you doing more damage.
I don't recommend this item on Fiora just because she relies on attack damage, not attack speed. She has enough movement and attack speed from her Burst of Speed. Also, she doesn't really rely on critical strikes as much as other champions.
If you need lifesteal and armor without spending money on wards, this is your item. You get one every three minutes, so you will have infinite wards if yours doesnt get killed. Item also allows you to farm extremely well with the unique passive.
This item is for people who gank you like Warwick, Malzahar, Urgot, etc. Basically anyone with a suppress.
Why Lunge first? You have two of them, with a short cooldown. This will allow a lot of damage at level one. Lunge does little good when upgrading it.
Riposte will give her bonus damage from parrying her opponents and extra physical damage unless I'm mistaken. This is why i upgrade her Riposte first. Only upgrade against other attack damage people, but that's usually the case solo top.
Burst of Speed is good, but it's better late game. You won't really need to have that extra attack speed, especially if it is just for three seconds. Upgrade this if the person/people you are against are ability power.
Why Flash and Ignite?
I like flash. It lets you escape, engage, etc. Flash is an amazing boost for just ONE cc skill. This will allow your enemy to die. It is a pretty short cooldown, too.
Ignite is an amazing spell for all players. At level 18, it deals about 450 true damage. This can secure a kill for anyone. Plus, as an added bonus, it reduces healing by half.
If you are using the jungle build, you get Smite, nothing else.
Ghost is a great spell, yet I don't think it should be used for people who already have a type of movement speed burst ( Burst of Speed). Ghost will allow you to chase enemies and escape, but Flash will allow you to Lunge at enemies.
Exhaust is viable, but I believe Flash is better, and Ignite is a must have. Exhaust is mainly for the slow. If you exhaust someone, most likely they will find a way to escape. Usually, it is from Ghost or Flash.
I would only get this because you need to get somewhere extremely quick. I would get this if I was solo laning or I plan on getting boots later in the game. This is viable, but not as good.
Heal? Okay, I guess, it could save your butt more than once. This would be for Karthus ults, and all other global ults that do a lot of damage. It is OKAY as a summoner spell, not the best.
Cleanse? Just get a Quicksilver Sash. Nuff said.
You don't use a lot of mana, you should not need Clarity at all.
Surge is mainly for hybrids. It gives attack speed and ability power, which you don't really need.
All other summoner spells are very bad or not viable for Fiora.
First of all, you may ask "Why 9/21/0?" I only do this because I am playing Fiora differently. I think Fiora has the potential of being an off tank.
Second of all, Fiora is focused down too often, even with her Riposte and Blade Waltz.
Third of all, Fiora does not need the extra lifesteal, armor penetration, critical strike or critical strike damage, or the executioner mastery.
The first question you ask is, "Why are there so many runes?" I can answer that by saying: they are other possible runes for Fiora. Each two sets of runes are just combinations or possibilities for another rune page.
- Greater Quintessence of Gold: This kind of rune will give you a bunch of gold when jungling. I find that last htting minions are easier to get gold by than jungling, so I prefer these runes while jungling.
- greater quintessence of desolation: It's all up to you, if you want more offense, go with these armor penetration runes because they will allow your ultimate and Lunge to do more damage.
- Greater Quintessence of Health: If you prefer defensive items, go with these runes for the health boost. This will also give you a couple of points of attack damage from Atma's Impaler.
- Greater Mark of Scaling Attack Damage: Marks are for offense, so it can be attack damage. This is your choice, if you are getting armor penetration items or runes, get this for a better outcome.
- greater mark of desolation: If you are getting armor penetration quintessences, go with the mark of fortitude, but these runes will boost your damage significantly. Go with these if you have no armor penetration or armor reduction items.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction: If you are having trouble with your cooldowns, these runes are extremely helpful. These runes will allow you to spam spells quicker. You want this if you are planning to be tankier in a solo top lane.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: Fiora tends to lack slightly in magic resist, so get these if you are dying against mages. These runes will allow you to have more magic resist with your Mercury treads.
- Greater Seal of Health: These will boost your health, so for more durability against all types of attackers, so get this. Also, the Atma's Impaler will give you a couple more points in attack damage.
- greater seal of defense: This is just armor for any 1 v 1 situation against another attack damage person like yourself. This can really save you if you are constantly hurt by some strong attack damage character like Gangplank.
- Fiora has two lunges, which means she can use both or save one at a time. I recommend using one lunge to engage a battle. Attack them until they are low, then lunge when they are running away. If your lunge is starting to go back on cooldown, use it for the extra damage.
- Fiora has a movement and attack speed steroid, so use it wisely. Use Burst of Speed at the beginning of a fight. This will allow her to make it go on cooldown and she will be able to use it again within the middle or end of the fight.
- Blade Waltz makes you untargetable and procs lifesteal and Trinity Force, so only use it when you are at low health. This will allow massive damage as well has a great healing tool.
- Riposte parries the next basic attack. This can remove special buffs to the attack such as Siphoning Strike, Parrrley, Decisive Strike, etc. Use it when you see people use these moves.
- When jungling, use Lunge to leap on someone, then if they attempt to escape, Lunge again. Hopefully you have a partner with CC that can hold the victim down. Stuns, snares, and suppresses are good.
Fiora is a really strong character, especially late game. She plays just like Master Yi, except better. Hopefully, you liked this guide. Remember to +rep me and vote on this guide! Leave helpful comments on how I can improve this guide, extra tips, other situational items, etc.
Remember: this is not a normal guide, I created this guide to make her shine from the other guides. I recommend sending her to solo top where she will really be good against onky one person. However, they may not have a jungler or you may not, so be sure to play it safe and ward if your ally is not warding.
Once again jhoijhoi helped me in making my guide with her guide. +rep her too!
Fiora is one of the strongest 1v1 champions late game. I saw an unfed Fiora 1v1 an extremely fed Vayne.