Kha'Zix Build Guide by Shadowemulator
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
The Ultimate Kha'Zix
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, my name is shadowemulator and this is my guide on Kha'Zix. Kha'Zix is a melle assasin that's really similar to rengar. Since he's new to the league not many people know ho to uncover his true potential, but this guide is to help you to do this. REMEMBER that this is not a ''must do'' built, but i reccomend it on most occasions. I would really like knowing what else i could include in my guide, so please feel free to leave a comment.
So without any delay i present you my full guide on Kha'Zix.
Pros / Cons
+ really good damage dealer though all the game
+ can devastate (with the right items, masteries etc.)
+ does great aggainst squishy targets like Ashe or Morgana
+ really nice passive
+ easy escapes ganks with Leap
- squishy early game
- ulty requires percice handling
- is targeted on most occasions and he's the first to die
- low initial damage
Lets' begin with the summoner spells, i take:
Exhaust is a really nice spell wich can help you during the whole game at slowing down the enemy champions and securing easy kills (e.x. if an enemy ashe with low hp stuns you with her ulty in order to get away [happens all the time] use Leap , Exhaust and the rest is up to you).
TIPS AND TRICKS
* Use Exhaust at the very start of the game on any low leveled champion you may see trying to get away from you and your team.
* You can also use Exhaust as an escaping spell: just use it on the enemy chasing you then Leap and you're to the other side of the map (sarcastikally speaking).
Flash is the most used spell at League Of Legends, a great spell for escaping and engaging. It can be used several ways (ex, though walls, to take a kill, to leave a teamfight etc.)
TIPS AND TRICKS
* Use Flash though walls to easily escape a gank and with Leap you can escape almost everyone.
* Flash is a spell that can also be used for killing an enemy, just Flash their way, then Leap, Taste Their Fear, and Void Spike(they should be dead by now)
SOME people may ask why to take flash while Kha'Zix has a escaping ability of his own which is Leap. Well, i take flash so i can escape from stuns like the ones of Veigar and Morgana, which takes really long, hopefully (if you're not dead by then) you can Flash, Leap and run to escape.
* Ignite, you can replace Exhaust for this spell, but i believe that Exhaust suits Kha'Zix better.
* Ghost, nice for running around like a ghost. Good choise for greater speed.
* Heal, since Kha'Zix is a new champion Heal is recommended for those who try him first time. BUT, it still is a nice spell to use to irritate your opponents.
So And So Spells
* Teleport, a nice spell if you don't add the cooldown.
* Surge, some people may use this spell.
* Cleanse, good for getting out of slows and stuns.
* Revive, long cooldown , almost useless early game.
* Promote, just dont get this.
* Smite, save this one for the jungler
My masteries are preTty much explained, taking 21 pointS in offence and 9 points on defence.
* 1 point to Summoner's Wrath , for the boost on Exhaust.
* 3 points to Brute Force , for the extra damage, obviously.
* 4 points to Alacrity ,some more attack speed doesn't hurt.
* 4 points to Deadliness , really good additional damage.
* 1 point to Weapon Expertise , now this is one of the best masteries ever made, it gives you 10% more armor penetration, so your Taste Their Fear will deal the hell out of damage.
* 1 point to Lethality , for the critical damage.
* 3 points to Vampirism , a bit life steal won't hurt.
* 3 points to Sunder , OH YEAH, MORE ARMOR PEN BABY.:D
* 1 point to Executioner , by far the best mastery of the world, it gives you 6% more damage to low health targets = AWESOME!!!
* 2 points to Resistance , more magic resist for casters like Veigar, Ahri and Morgana.
* 3 points to Hardiness , considerable amount of armor especially if you're going aggainst ad carries like Vayne, Ashe or Caitlyn.
* 3 points to Durability , some health boost for a more tanky built.
* 1 point to Veteran's Scars , now this one gives you 30 more health which s really helpfull at early game (survival comes first). :)
REMEMBER, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGHT ARMOR/MAGIC RESIST/HEALTH YOU CAN SPEND THE 9 POINTS OF DEFENCE TO THE OFFENCE OR THE UTILITY TREE.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
* Greater Mark of Attack Damage x9, nice boost on attack damage: really good early to mid game.
* Greater Glyph of Magic Resist x9, magic resist is so good, especially because Kha'Zix is really squishy aggainst ap casters.
* Greater Seal of Armor x9, obviously more armor means more survavability.
* Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage x3, more attack damage and we destroy like hell.:)
* greater mark of desolation, armor pen, for a ability based Kha'Zix.
* Greater Seal of Attack Damage, for a more attack damaged based Kha'Zix.
* Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction, cooldowns.:D
* greater quintessence of desolation, aggain, additional armor pen.
When Kha'Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat, causing his next basic attack against an enemy champion to deal 15 / 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 / 155 / 170 / 185 / 200 / 220 + (50% of ability power) bonus magic damage and slows by 35% for 2 seconds.
Unseen Threat lasts until consumed and has no cooldown.
*Really good passive, the additional damage it does can help you win many fights over and over , though you may not realize it.
Passive: Marks isolated targets.
Active: Deals 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 (+1.6 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased to 100 / 145 / 190 / 235 / 280 (+2.4 per bonus attack damage).
*This ability of Kha'Zix will be your heavy damage hitter. Use it mostly to isolated targets to deal the extra damage.
Kha'Zix fires spikes that explode on contact, dealing 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+0.9 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to all nearby enemies. Kha'Zix is healed by 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+50% of ability power) if he is within the explosion radius.
*Just make sure you are close to your target if you want some life steal. This ability is not much of a damage dealer until you have evolved spikes.
Kha'Zix leaps to an area, dealing 65 / 100 / 135 / 170 / 205 (+0.8 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to enemies in the area he lands.
* This is your primary engaging ability, so try using this to initiate a fight rather than your Void Assault. Just Leap, then Taste Their Fear, Void Spike and Void Assault next do some auto-attacks and if you see that you're killing him end him with the same order or, if you see that HE'S the one killing YOU then just Leap away. You can also use it for escaping ganks or going though walls.
Passive: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha'Zix to evolve one of his active abilities, granting it an additional effect.
Active: Kha'Zix enters stealth for 1 second and gains Unseen Threat, gaining 40% movement speed. Kha'Zix can cast Void Assault again within 10 seconds after activation. There is a 2 second cooldown between each cast of Void Assault.
* This ability is pretty much understandable, stealth for 1 second, then you gain Unseen Threat, 40% movement and you can cast it aggain. What matters most to this ability is its' passive, which i will analyze it on a diferent part of the guide.
I suggest Doran's Blade as your starting item because it can give you Health, Damage and Life Steal. An alternative start can be Boots of Speed and 3x Health Potion or even Doran's Shield.
obviously your second item, BUT if you had bought Boots of Speed as your starting item then you should take Berserker's Greaves OR Ninja Tabi OR Mercury's Treads
well, this where it gets fun... after you get the B. F. Sword and you can devastate in your lane easily. At this point you may also gank to the friendy lanes and hoppfully get kills.
Attack speed will hopefully help you get creeps and champion kills easier than before. If you have already bought them , just skip this part
Now THIS is what i call lifesteal. Along with your Doran's Blade and your 3 points on Vampirism your lifesteal is now 16% , so you can stay at the lane forever.:)
The Bloodthirster is the item that will give you the amount of damage and life steal you really need. Just make sure to stack it (it gets stacks for every minion / creep /champion kill you make).
This item shall provide you with health and damage. PLUS a chance to slow the enemy. This item is a MUST on Kha'Zix.
really nice item to stack armor and damage together. BEFORE buying it you should consider how the enemy team consists (e.x. it has 1 ap and 4 ad? / just 5 ad? / or 3 ap and 2 ad <yes i have seen that occasion>) if it has mostly ad characters then buy Madred's Razors if they have many ap then buy Hexdrinker instead.
magic resist is just perfect with a combination of damage. If you have already bought this one then buy a Madred's Razors.
its time to get the Frozen Mallet and trust me, it is going to help a hell outa more than Trinity Force.
now you can easily kill tanks and tanky characters like Darius or Nautilus. PLUS a great improvement on attack speed.
magic resist, and good damage, what else could you ask for?
its finnaly the time to sell that Doran's Blade and get a boost at magic resist and armor. The BEST thing about this item is it's passive , which revives you when you die , with a amount of health missing. LETS TOWER DIVE AGGAIN ;). You may also buy a Banshee's Veil instead.
Your built should look like this:
As i said before, i'm going to analyse what your ulty's passive does: Each rank of Void Assault allows you to evolve one of your active abilities, granting you an additional effect.
Evolving claws increases damage to isolated targets by 12% of their missing health. Kha'Zix also gains 50 increased range on both Taste Their Fear and his basic attacks. That means that you can now deal really nice damage to low leveled targets and get many easy kills.
TAKE THIS ABILITY AT LEVEL 6
Evolving spike racks causes Void Spike to fire three projectiles in a cone. Spikes will also apply Unseen Threat to all enemies caught within the area of effect. See that his ability stacks up with your passive? Well, this is really helpfull because it's going to deal more damage AND slow your enemys.
TAKE THIS ABILITY AT LEVEL 11
Evolving wings increases Leap range dramatically and causes a kill or assists to refresh the cooldown of Leap. More range and NO COOLDOWN ON KILL OR ASSIST, now you can fly up to space.
TAKE THIS ABILITY AT LEVEL 16
Evolving active camouflage allows Kha'Zix to cast Void Assault three times within 10 seconds and reduces any damage by 40% he takes while in stealth. Some people may think that evolving this ability is absolutely crusial, BUT i prefer evolving wings BECAUSE of the no cooldown it gives you, which can make you get those hard penta or quadra kills.
Jungling As Kha'Zix
So now it's time to explain how to jungle as Kha'Zix. Start with Cloth Armor and x5 Health Potion. Then go for Boots of Speed. Your next item should be Madred's Razors and then upgrade it to Wriggle's Lantern, (free ward). Then follow with Berserker's Greaves, The Bloodthirster, The Brutalizer, Phage, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malmortius and Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil.
Ok , you go first at ANCIENT GOLEM :
Once you get level 2 take a point at Void Spike and use it as much as possible. Use and 1x Health Potion.
After golem, go get the Wolfes ---> Wraiths ---> Red Buff ---> Golems ---> Gank
Ancient Golem: First spawn at 1:55, NEXT respawn 5:00 mins after you kill it.
Wolfes: First spawn at 1:40, NEXT spawn after 1:00 min.
Wraiths: First spawn at 1:40, NEXT spawn after 0:50 min.
Red Lizard: First spawn at 1:55, NEXT spawn after 5:00 mins.
Golems: First spawn at 1:40, NEXT spawn after 1:00 min.
Dragon: First spawn at 2:30, NEXT spawn after 6:00 mins.
Baron Nashor: First spawn at 15:00, NEXT spawn after 7:00 mins.
And that concludes the jungle section for Kha'Zix.
Thanks for reading my guide, and i hope you find it helpfull. Have fun playing as Kha'Zix and feel free to make changes to the runes/masteries/items. Make sure you vote and leave a comment about what i could add.:)