Lulu Build Guide by Minkey
This Guide Has Expired!
WARNING: This guide has not been updated by the Author in a very long time. The information contained may no longer be valid. Depending on the guide and information contained you may prefer to find some more up to date guides on our browse guides page!
Hello and welcome to my guide: Lulu - Ahh.. There is my squirrel!. Before you start reading anything, please notice this guide isn't done yet. This guide is focused on being a good support with nice aoe abilities while still having some decent tank stats.
Anyone who likes / thinks this guide is good please vote up. If you're about to downvote, please tell me why. I don't want random downvotes without any reason at all, these are considered trollvotes to me. I hope you enjoy this guide as much as I do and please leave me some feedback.
You might notice some grammer mistakes, im trying to fix these but my english aint that good. Sorry about that!
~Pros / Cons~
+ // Can turn enemies into squirrels!
+ // Max cooldown reduction with this build.
+ // Can make enemies visible (good for stealth chars).
+ // Nice health/resistance with this build.
+ // She has a movement speed buff.
+ // Can save an ally really easy.
- // Low base movement speed.
- // Squishy early game.
- // She can be mana hungry if you're a spammer.
- // No non-ultimate healing ability.
- // If you cast an ability wrong it will result into dead.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: These runes will give you a nice boost in damage which makes a support more deadlier then people think. These runes are basically the best runes for ap champions because almost all greater marks suck.
Greater Seal of Armor: The armor you gain from these runes is very huge early game, this will help you stay longer on your lane and will help you counter AD champions much better.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: These runes will give you a nice magic resistance boost over level, they wont give you that much magic resistance early game but late game it gives a really huge boost.
Greater Quintessence of Health: Lulu is a pretty squishy champion, especially early game because we aren't buying any health items at level 1. These runes will help her alot early game because these runes give ALOT of health which gives you the ability to buy other items early game.
Greater Mark of Armor: These runes are really good but it will remove alot of damage and these runes are pretty much overkill for your armor. If you are playing versus a full ad damage team these runes will help you alot.
Greater Seal of Replenishment: If you like to spam abilities, these runes will help you keep spamming. It gives an extra of 5mana/5sec which helps alot with spamming abilities. You shouldn't be picking these if you are playing against alot of AD champions though because it will remove ALOT of armor early game.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: These runes are actually pretty good, they are slightly better then Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist early game, but late game they are not as good as Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist. If you are fighting vs a team with much magic damage, these runes will help you much more to stay on lane earlier on.
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction: Cooldown reduction is really good on Lulu. These runes will help you spam your abilities much more to help your teammates out. The only disadvantage is that they remove your magic resistance which can be a pain in the *** early/late game and these runes will give you WAY to much cd reduction late game (like 10% more then needed).
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed: Tested these and they are actually pretty good, will help you alot because your base movement speed is really low. This build also doesn't have any movement speed items (except for Shurelya's Reverie active) so these runes might help alot if you love speed. The only disadvantage is that these runes remove a good amount of health early game.
Greater Quintessence of Gold: Great runes, these combined with Greed gives you 5 gold each 10 seconds for free in the whole game. Most games take 45 minutes which means it gives 1350 free gold without doing anything! The only disadvantage is that these runes remove a good amount of health early game.
Resistance : A nice litle boost in magic resistance which helps you tank a litle bit better versus magic damage.
Hardiness : A nice boost in armor which helps you tank a litle bit better versus attack damage
Durability : Health over level, makes you even more tankier!
Veteran's Scars : This litle bit of health will give you a nice boost on level 1, really useful mastery!
Summoner's Insight : This will increase the duration of Clairvoyance and reduce the cooldown of Flash, a must have for just 1 mastery point!
Expanded Mind : A nice litle boost in mana which helps you stay in lane a litle longer.
Meditation : Mana regen is a must have on Lulu and thats why we pick this mastery.
Swiftness : Your base movement speed is really low and this mastery will help you to increase it.
Greed : You are a support which means you cant farm much. Gold over level is a must have for Lulu, this combined with Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold = loads of gold.
Awareness : As a support, you aren't getting any/much minion kills, so you don't get as much experience from killing creeps. This mastery will help you with that.
Intelligence : Cooldown reduction is needed on Lulu and this spell will help you alot with that!
Mastermind : Reduces cooldown of your summoner spells which means more map awareness with Clairvoyance and more escapes with Flash.
: This passive is very nice for a support, it will help you deal some damage on your enemies and it will help your carries to farm (when Help, Pix! casted on an ally). Not much to say about.
: This spell is Lulu her main slow. This spell is really useful because the slow is 80% which makes your target almost unable to escape. The duration is really short though so don't expect to much from it. This spell also has a pretty fast travel time and a nice range which makes casting from long ranges possible. The reason you want to level this up at level 1 is because it has a high base damage and it can hit multiple targets + the fact you want to slow your enemies so your lanemate can kill him.
You should be leveling this skill after Whimsy.
- Try to cast it in a V form so it will hit as many targets as possible.
- This spell has a really low mana cost + really low cooldown so don't be afraid to use it often.
- When Help, Pix! is casted on your enemy you can easily aim Glitterlance on him because your passive will follow the enemy.
: This is Lulu her main CC. This ability will turn your enemy into a SQUIRREL for a short duration. You can disable carrys with just one button and it will also slow them! This ability is awesome and one of the reasons why i bought Lulu. You can also cast this ability on an ally or yourself to increase your movement speed really much, really helpful to come back to your lane.
You want to max this after Help, Pix! and before Glitterlance.
- When recalled, cast this ability on yourself. This will help you get back to your lane really fast because the duration is really long.
- Try to focus their strongest caster / carry with this spell, it will disable them from doing anything besides running around like a squirrel.
- Only cast this spell on an ally when you're sure it fits the situation, you don't want to waste this spell because it can save lives really easy.
: This spell is amazing, it has really much base damage which makes you able to haras your enemy. It also grants vision to your enemy and lets you cast Glitterlance really easy. You can also cast this on yourself or an ally to grant a shield + your passive will help the target you selected. All these things combined is the reason why i max this skill first.
You want to max this ability first (ranking up Wild Growth whenever possible ofcourse).
- Don't cast this spell to much on your enemy, it has a high mana cost.
- Don't waste it to farm minions or to haras your enemy to often because you'll miss the chance to save your ally with it.
- Try to cast this spell on stealth champions (when fighting versus one) instead of their support, this will help your carry kill him easier + his stealth wont help him escape.
: Say hello to Lulu her ultimate. This ultimate is really amazing and one of the biggest lifesavers in this game. It gives a huge health buff and makes your target 2 times as big (hi Cho'Gath)! It also knocks all the enemies near the target you selected and it also slows all the enemies around him!
You want to max this skill whenever you can rank it up (level 6,11 and 16).
- A good idea is to cast this spell on your carry, this makes him scarier and gives him the ability to kill your targets really easy because of the slow.
- Don't waste this spell because you just want to see how big someone can get.
- This ability knocks everyone up, try to cast it on an ally who is surrounded by much enemies if possible.
These warding spots are not just ment for Lulu, these spots are ment for every champion in your team which means every important spot possible on the map. I'll also write down for what side (Purple or Blue, sometimes Both) these spots work the best.
- Green stands for: 'Normal warding spots / sight wards'.
- Purple stands for: 'Important warding spots / vision wards'.
- BlueSide stands for: 'This is ment for the blue side'.
- PurpleSide stands for: 'This is ment for the the purple side'.
- BothSides stands for: 'This is ment for the blue side and for the purple side'.
Sight wards (normal warding spots):
1. Good warding spot especially if the enemy team has a jungler. This spot makes you able to push a litle bit more because it gives you the ability to see ganks coming alot earlier and not when it's to late. BothSides
2. I don't really like this spot but it is viable. Only use this spot when you are on the purple side or it wont help you at all. This spot prevents ganking just like warding spot 1. PurpleSide
3. A nice spot to ward because it will protect your blue buff from being stealed. Best situation to use this spot is when your jungler starts at red buff and you got the feeling the enemy team is gonna steal it. BlueSide
4. One of the best warding spots in my opinion, it can save your jungler and it can save your mid player because it will provide sight to alot of entrances in the jungle. It can also prevent ganks on your jungler because you'll see your enemy coming. BothSides
5. This spot will help you see if your enemy will steal your red buff and it will help you prevent ganking much easier. I don't use this spot to often but it might help in some situations. PurpleSide
6. This spot will help you to prevent getting ganked. It can save your jungler and it can save your mid player if the enemy jungler ganks from that side. It can also prevent ganks on your jungler because you'll see your enemy coming. BlueSide
7. This spot will help you to prevent getting ganked. It will save your *** many times on mid and it will prevent gankers (like Shaco) to kill you. BothSides
8. A really good spot to counter their jungler, this spot will provide great vision over their jungle. With this spot you will know when your enemy jungler is fighting the red buff which gives you the oopportunity to steal it which gives you a great advantage. BlueSide
9. A really good spot to counter their jungler, this spot will provide great vision over their jungle. With this spot you will know when your enemy jungler is fighting the red buff which gives you the opportunity to steal it which gives you a great advantage. PurpleSide
10. This spot will help you to prevent getting ganked. It will save your *** many times on mid and it will prevent gankers (like Shaco) to kill you. BothSides
11. This spot will help you to prevent getting ganked. It can save your jungler and it can save your mid player if the enemy jungler ganks from that side. It can also prevent ganks on your jungler because you'll see your enemy coming. PurpleSide
12. One of the best warding spots in my opinion, it can save your jungler and it can save your mid player because it will provide sight to alot of entrances in the jungle. It can also prevent ganks on your jungler because you'll see your enemy coming. BothSides
13. This spot will help you see if your enemy will steal your red buff and it will help you prevent ganking much easier. I don't use this spot to often but it might help in some situations. BlueSide
14. A nice spot to ward because it will protect your blue buff from being stealed. Best situation to use this spot is when your jungler starts at red buff and you got the feeling the enemy team is gonna steal it. PurpleSide
15. I don't really like this spot but it is viable. Only use this spot when you are on the blue side or it wont help you at all. This spot will help you to prevent getting ganked. BlueSide
16. Good warding spot especially if the enemy team has a jungler. This spot makes you able to push a litle bit more because it gives you the ability to see ganks coming alot earlier and not when it's to late. BothSides
Vision wards (important warding spots):
1. This spot is the most important warding spot for late game. Getting the baron buff gives ALL of your teammates a boost +40 boost in attack damage and ability power. It also regenerates 3% of your MAX health and 1% of your MAX mana each second + it gives a global 300 gold and a global 900 experience which makes it a very strong buff. The reason you want to put a Vision Ward here is because the enemy team will also mostly ward this buff, a Vision Ward gives you the ability to kill this ward and kill baron safely. You can also ward this with a Sight Ward but i do not recommend doing this late game. This ward also provides vision of enemy champions switching between the middle and top lane. BothSides
2. This spot is the second most important warding spot. Getting this buff gives ALL of your teammates 190 gold which makes it very worthy. It also gives a nice experience boost to your allies who helped you killing dragon. The reason you want to put a Vision Ward here is because the enemy team will also mostly ward this buff, a Vision Ward gives you the ability to kill this ward and kill dragon safely. You can also ward this with a Sight Ward but i do not recommend doing this late game. This ward also provides vision of enemy champions switching between the middle and bottom lane. BothSides
~Gold Over Time~
Some people asked me: 'Why gold over time items? They are useless because they give a very low amount of gold'. I fully disagree with this, gold over time items gives ALOT of gold.
Let's say you are using my build. The items/masteries that give gold over time are: Heart of Gold, Philosopher's Stone and the mastery Greed . These combined gives you 12 gold each 10 seconds, this is 72 gold per minute. 72 gold = 3 free minions per minute! You mostly sell/combine these items at the 30 minute mark: 72 * 30 = 2160 gold = 90 free minions each 30 minutes! THIS IS ALOT OF MONEY AND IT WILL ALSO GENERATE WHILE YOU'RE DEAD!!
Now let's say you have all the runes/items/masteries that are possible with my alternative items/runes that gives gold over time. The runes/items/masteries that give gold over time are: Heart of Gold, Philosopher's Stone, Kage's Lucky Pick, Greed and Greater Quintessence of Gold. These combined gives you 20 gold each 10 seconds, this is 120 gold per minute. 120 gold = 5~6 free minions per minute! You mostly sell/combine these items at the 30 minute mark: 120 * 30 = 3600 gold = 150~180 free minions each 30 minutes! THIS IS EVEN MORE THEN BEFORE AND IT WILL ALSO GENERATE WHILE YOU'RE DEAD.
Now after my maths, do you still think gold over time gives a very low amount of gold? I don't think so.
I just wanted to point out that this guide isnt done yet and I will be UPDATING it. Hope you like and enjoy the build as much as I do.
Thanks for reading
-Minkey A.K.A. Iolypop.
Credits to jhoijhoi for giving me tips on making a guide!
Credits to MissMaw for making the Banners for this guide and making my sigs!
- Made the guide.
- Published the guide.
- Tweaked the section 'Masteries' abit.
- Seperated the 'Items' section to a 'Main Items' and 'Alternative Items' section.
- Redesigned the section 'Main Items' and 'Alternative Items'.
- Added new section called 'Gold over Time'.
- Tweaked the section 'Pros / Cons' abit.
- Tweaked the section 'Summoner Spells' abit.
- Added banners to all the sections, thanks alot MissMaw for making these!
- Tweaked some text in different sections.
- Added the missing banners to the section 'Summoner Spells' and 'Changing Log'.
Lulu Solo-Top(AD-Carry)/Jungle (Updated To Season 3!!)
Lulu - Solo Top Reference UPDATED SEASON 3
Lulu, Queen of the League
By The Existance