Singed Build Guide by Rogue Privateer
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Full Build Example
Other Defensive Options
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
My name is Loli Chan; I'm an experienced Gold League veteran (lmao) and this will be my second completed guide to date. Please remember that this guide is not the be all - end all for how to play Singed, rather just a bunch of helpful tips and guidelines to get you on your way to becoming a better Singed player.
Your feedback is always appreciated so feel free to place a comment in the discussion section to let me know what you think of the guide, and if you tried it out, what you thought of its in game potential.
Why I Made This Guide
I see a lot of Singed players (no I don't) that seem to play him as though they're scared of anything and everything that could ever come into their lane, and this annoys me about as much as it confuses me.
You are Singed.
You are a train.
Literally off the rails.
- Strong with all in and split push comps
- Can easily distract the enemy team by proxying, this allows your team to take objectives
- People chase you despite their own advice
- Relies on having a good team
- Easily counterpicked by ranged/poke comps
- Can be kited relatively easily
Hover over the highlighted abilities to learn more!
Empowered Bulwark (Passive) - This is the reason why Singed always builds hereditary amounts of mana; because it gives him quite a noticeable boost to his HP bar. Because of this, items like Rod of Ages and Seraph's Embrace become a compulsory part of his itemization, the other big item that contributes to Singed's mana-health is Frozen Heart.
Poison Trail (First ability/Q) - Very originally named I know, it literally leaves a trail of poison that has the option to be left on constantly for the cost of draining your mana. The good thing about this is that it can easily and continuously stack Tear of the Goddess. Because of the trail effect this ability makes good use of Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
Mega Adhesive (Second ability/W) - This can be an extremely useful ability when used correctly and can be effective at both chasing down enemies and running away from pursuers, it also provides a short snare if you accurately use your next ability.
Fling (Third ability/E) - As mentioned before, when you successfully throw an enemy champion into Mega Adhesive they are snared for a short period of time. Fling can also be used to throw enemies over some walls on SR which makes for some hilarious moments and impressive getaways.
Insanity Potion (Ultimate ability/R) - At early ranks this won't do much to help besides increase your Movement Speed and Health Regeneration rate but at later ranks Insanity Potions other bonuses will clearly shine through next to the increased helpfulness of impressive Movement Speed and Health Regeneration. This ability is good for both chasing and running away, but you're playing Singed so running away is hereditary to kill people.
Putting 21 points into the Defensive mastery tree picks up some extremely useful Tenacity increases from both
as well as a lot of resistances to help Singed do what he does best.
The nine points in the Utility tree gets you Summoner's Insight to reduce the Cool-Down of your Ghost and Teleport, made more effective with the purchase of the distortion enchantment for your shoes .
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
Greater Quintessence of Health Regeneration
Your Glyphs, Seals and Marks are the same as that of a standard Ability Power based champion while you take a couple of Movement Speed Quints to help you do what you're expected to. The Health Regeneration Quint is to help you throughout the lane phase just in case your opponent decides to continuously harass you.
Runes to consider:
- x9 Scaling Magic Resistance Glyphs
- x3 Movement Speed Quints
- 9x Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration
- 9x Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
I recommend maxing Poison Trail because the DOT (Damage Over Time) can really add up to do more damage than your Fling, but you can put two early points into Fling to get a little more damage out of it if you want to.
You will be maxing Fling second to maximize your mid game damage, and of course put points into Insanity Potion whenever possible.
- Danger Level: 6/10
- Of course you can build resistances here depending on the need, but any good Teemo player (lmao) will harass singed and stop him from farming. Hopefully your jungler is competent enough to know if you're in trouble.
- Danger Level: 7/10
- Ryze was nerfed recently but his damage really hasn't changed in the way of mana-damage conversion so after a few items he can shove you out easily. Make sure you build lots of Magic Resistance early in this match-up.
- Danger Level: 5/10
- Riven is a bit of a kid to face in lane, just use your Fling Mega Adhesive combo when she tries to go in on you. DON'T try to chase her in lane.
- Danger Level: 5/10
- This is a skill match-up for the most part, however Jax is too powerful to do too much in the way of straight up fighting him one on one. Get your jungler to help shut him down if possible.
- Danger Level: 4/10
- Not an entirely dangerous match-up but I can't honestly say there's no chance of Maokai smashing you completely if you make too many mistakes. Your main objective in this lane would be to farm as much as possible.
So many other picks to talk about I know, it's a serious amount of effort to write about them though. If you want to survive lane phase then build early defensive items if need be, things like Glacial Shroud and Spectre's Cowl to negate damage.
As much as I would like to cover mid lane counterpicks; I'm not going to.
Of course there are a ton of item choices that work with Singeds kit and I'll attempt to go through most of them, just don't expect me to cover every possible armament that singed can make use of.
- Tear of the Goddess for what I hope are obvious reasons this is an early buy for Singed you will often see people go back early and then use Teleport just to obtain their tear as soon as possible.
- Talisman of Ascension is not an everyday item for singed I'll admit, however it should never be underestimated in its usefulness in most situations.
- Frozen Heart you should buy this item earlier against Attack Speed based champions like Vayne etc.
- Liandry's Torment is very useful for increasing the amount of DOT your Poison Trail does, especially against tankier champions.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter will increase the utility your kit offers, especially with your Poison Trail which will prove to be a continuous slow for anyone that chases you.
- Sunfire Cape will help with wave clearing and doing damage to nearby enemies as well as give you some useful defensive stats.
- Thornmail is a good item for Singed, especially against ADC's that are proficient at chasing down enemy champions ( Quinn, Vayne etc.)
Ghost - This is an ideal spell for Singed because it works well with his Poison Trail and makes him more effective at being an annoying little *****.
Teleport - Teleport helps Singed gain a lot more map presence to show everyone how much of a reckless kid he is. Taking Teleport will also give you a free back whenever it's off cool-down, this is especially helpful if you're being harassed in lane.
Flash - This is a situational spell for going up against champions like Jarvan IV, otherwise it's not too useful.
Ignite - This is a helpful Summoner Spell for securing kills and also offers more kill potential in lane, however due to Singed's focus on farming in the lane phase I recommend taking Teleport instead.
There are certain situations where you can proxy, but to do so I recommend you push up to your enemies tower first as this is a sign that the enemy laner is afraid to fight you, just make sure you have wards properly placed in tri-bush and the entrance to Blue Buff. I will also recommend warding deep in the enemy jungle to provide a safer farming experience for you.
Some helpful items for proxying include Crystalline Flask and Ninja Tabi.
You can Teleport to the Bottom Lane at this stage to help get Dragon and other objectives with your team, if your team is getting smashed then I recommend pushing your lane and roaming to help out. If the game is going steady then I would personally double proxy inside the enemy base, but that's just me.
A stagnant game is not what you want as Singed, try to annoy the enemy team by double proxying and split pushing. If your team decides to engage a Four Vs Five then you should lose all faith and continue to the enemy fountain.
not even jk
Thank you for reading my Insane Train - Singed guide, I appreciate the time you took to look at it and if you have any interest in using the tips I have offered then good luck and have fun!
If you have any questions you would like to ask me you can contact me at:
And if you have any advice/feedback you would like to share feel free to visit the discussion page and express your input.
I also have a youtube channel, not much league content but it exists if you're interested.