Build Guide by WlNG
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Okay this is how pro Shen works -
I put mana regen ruins because they didn't have energy regen ruins =/, but you should get the idea
1. Pro Shen dies on average once or twice a game
2. If you are getting raped don't get leviathan(keep in mind that your trying to stack leviathan) and get Aegis of Legion instead or just skip it
3. If there are a lot of magic users then you have to get Force of Nature, just get it before Guardian Angel or whatever and continue build
Okay I think thats all the precautions I need to warn u about in terms of items.
(Warmogs is a no-no) - Shen can't farm worth ****
How to play Pro Shen
- I don't care what anyone says, Shen can mid pretty well. (Just don't do it when theres actually a teammate that is better than Shen at mid, only do it if theres no one else.)
- If you are laning with someone that likes early harass then try it. Just make sure u have Ghost ready to escape if your teammate dies because they will most likely be going after your teammate first.
- Farm as much as you can early game by using Vorpal Blade to last hit minions and using your Ki Strike
- If your low hp then I suggest you go back to base or use your Vorpal Blade's ability to heal if your at half hp or use your pot
- I say to upgrade your Vorpal Blade first because its great for early harass
- Hopefully by now you have saved up 2,275 gold to get your Boots and Leviathan
Mid Game/ Late Game
- Have a little bit of map awareness and use Stand United when your teammates are losing a fight, but don't be stupid as to use Stand United to get yourself into a gank.
- You can easily use SU (Stand United) to escape a 2 or 3 person gank on you, but if theres more than 4 then u might as well save it if your low hp and won't survive with the shield. Suggestion - Try using your feint right before you use your SU it might help, but I always forget to do it =P
- By now a team fight should of happened - You usually are suppose to initiate but if theres another tank let him do it and you use your Stand United on him to let him tank the burst damage, then you will use your taunt on 2 or 3 people and let the DPS, AoE, and Spots do their stuff. If SU isn't needed save it so you can use it to help teammates escape by going to their location and taunting the enemy.
- If your teammates are still alive then, good job you did your job. So now you can use your ghost to finish off the stragglers by catching up to them taunting, Vorpal Blade, Ki Strike, and using ignite all at once to do over 500 damage.
- Also make use of the map around you, because u are able to ghost and taunt through certain walls to escape if needed. That is why I like Guardian Angel because if you can get close enough to a tauntable wall u can escape.
- This build will not let you win a game alone, but it does help you carry the team a little bit, but it also depends on your teammates
I think I went thought everything just post a comment on this build if I forgot something and i'll correct it. Have fun with Pro Shen