Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Smitefire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

A Small Fry, Wants To Try.

Creator: Kodaigan January 2, 2015 12:08pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12983
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 7:33am | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
2. I would appreciate to see changes. You could use Mediafire to provide it as download, since you need no account too to do so.
I make no guarantees it will look exactly the same, because GIMP is different from PS, but here ya go.
Kodaigan
<Member>
Kodaigan's Forum Avatar
Posts:
42
Joined:
Jan 1st, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 8:41am | Report
I make no guarantees it will look exactly the same, because GIMP is different from PS, but here ya go.


I can see what you mean. Yeah it's alot different than expected. That's a bummer. But atleast I can see what options you have used. ^^
Thanks! :D

Still waiting for any reply from MissMaw. :/

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan
"One does not simply question a miracle." -Slumdog Millionaire

The figure used in this picture is not made by me.
Source:
Link
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
9543
Joined:
Nov 18th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 8:51am | Report
A reply to what?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8823
Joined:
Jul 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 8:54am | Report
IPodPulse wrote:

Seriously though, I see major potential in this, it's clear you have some understanding of what you are doing and you have done some pretty nice features in the images you posted, whether or not you want to actually follow advice is your choice however, let me tell you though, when it comes to MissMaw, Janitsu, The_Nameless_Bard, you will never find more active art enthusiasts that are willing to help someone, these people have years of experience (Aside from Janitsu but he is special because he listens <3) and know most aspects of imagery that people fail to understand.

PS. the reason why borders look good is because of their simplistic affect that makes people focus on the actual focus point, just because it is overused is a terrible reason to not pursue it.






Not sure if you insulted me there or complimented since I am a very horrible listener :^)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12983
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 10:08am | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
I can see what you mean. Yeah it's alot different than expected. That's a bummer. But atleast I can see what options you have used. ^^
Thanks! :D
I really did things at random, which doesn't help. You're welcome though.
Kodaigan
<Member>
Kodaigan's Forum Avatar
Posts:
42
Joined:
Jan 1st, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 10:15am | Report
Quoted:
A reply to what?

Didn't you say you would like to work on it by yourself to present on what you were thinking?...



I really did things at random, which doesn't help. You're welcome though.

Sometimes the best comes from Randomness. Is what I think. :0

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan
"One does not simply question a miracle." -Slumdog Millionaire

The figure used in this picture is not made by me.
Source:
Link
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
9543
Joined:
Nov 18th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 10:24am | Report
Kodaigan wrote:

Didn't you say you would like to work on it by yourself to present on what you were thinking?...
Well I pretty much did with this, I just couldn't alter the text (change the blue text to pale red) and instead I described to you what I'd do, if I had the PSD.

by jhoijhoi
Kodaigan
<Member>
Kodaigan's Forum Avatar
Posts:
42
Joined:
Jan 1st, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 11:43am | Report
Quoted:
Well I pretty much did with this, I just couldn't alter the text (change the blue text to pale red) and instead I described to you what I'd do, if I had the PSD.


Oh okay. Thanks then. ^_^
"One does not simply question a miracle." -Slumdog Millionaire

The figure used in this picture is not made by me.
Source:
Link
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1306
Joined:
Sep 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 2:01pm | Report
Kodaigan wrote:
By the way, I've finished rebuilding the old version Mr. IPodPulse. So I need now what you picture in your head about the position and maybe also the text. Or I can keep the same idea as MissMaw. Oh and any ideas on how I can smoothen the edges of the bloodsplat, since you can see...abnormalities. Like this one:

Best Regards
Alain/Kodaigan



Okay lets start from here. Do you have the original .psd file for the signature I liked? It would be much easier if we worked from there.

The reason why I like this signature too much is because the grunge effect you have going on in the blue and white work tremendously, there is a lot of unity with these 2 colors alone because of how well they compliment each other, the grunge effect on top of it is like the icing on the cake.

Now the blood is good but I can be better, it looks somewhat mixed into the background, so what you want to do is either use the same grunge effect you used on the blue lines and white background, OR, you can experiment with some layer modes to give you the effect adding a grunge layer on top would.

So your homework for now is to fix the bloodwork to make it seem as if it were merged into the background like the blue lines.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Thanks again to TheNamelessBard for this fantastic signature, you can check our her signatures here
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1306
Joined:
Sep 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 2:03pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:






Not sure if you insulted me there or complimented since I am a very horrible listener :^)



It was a compliment no worries <3
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide