Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Contrast - Forum Sig Tut + Psd

Creator: Greynade January 10, 2012 7:34pm
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 7:34pm | Report

Tutorial with PSD:

Step 1: Choose the render you want, and make sure it has a definite slanted flow. In this case I'm using a Timeshift render, which is obviously leaning to the left:

Step 2:
Find a stock image with color variation. It doesn't really matter what the colors are, but choose one with variance. I'm using the image bellow, but I'm not using the whole image. Rather, I'm just using the top middle of this desert stock, and have positioned it so that the clouds match the flow of the render.

Step 3: Apply angled strokes in the direction of the flow (bottom right to tope left for me) Then apply spray stroke.

Step 3: Duplicate the layer, and apply a radial blur. Set to multiply at 60%

Step 4: Resize and place your render so that it is leaning towards the right.

Step 5: Create a new layer behind the render layer, and fill it with black. Render 3 lens flares behind the Render's left shoulder, and set the layer to screen. Using a soft brush, erase the light from the edges of the sig.

Step 6:
Duplicate the render layer, and apply a motion blur in the direction of the flow. Erase most of it thats in front of the focal.

Step 7:
make a new layer and apply image. Use angled strokes, ripple effect, and spray strokes on the layer. Set to soft light, and erase anything that looks bad. I'm going to keep some of the grain where the light source is.

Step 7: Apply image, angled strokes, and spray stroke again. This time, set it to lighten. Erase anything that looks bad.

Step 8: Create a black and white gradient map on normal at 70%. Then create a orange to purple gradient map on soft light at 70%.

Step 9:
Apply image, angled stroke, and spray stoke. Set to lighten, and erase anything that looks bad.

Step 10: Apply image, and set to color dodge. Erase everything except for the light source and the edges of the render.

Step 11: Apply image, and use angled stroke again. Erase anything that looks bad, which happens to be most of it.

Step 12: I felt that the background was a little plain, so I made a new layer behind the render and used a splatter brush.

Then I hid that layer, applied image, and created a clipping mask to the splatter brush layer. It looks bad now, but we'll fix it.

Step 13:
Use angled stroke and spray stroke on the splatter brush layer. Then blur the layer twice.

Step 14: Apply image, then use crosshatch and angled strokes. Set to lighten, and erase most of it.

Step 15: Apply image agian, and move it a little to the left. Apply angled strokes and spray strokes, than set to lighten. erase anything that looks bad.

Step 15:
Make a new layer, and fill it with black. Then add a lensflare, in the smae spot as the previous lensflares, except this time its above the render. Set to screen, and erase anything bad.

Step 16:
add some c4ds that match the flow. set on color dodge on a low opacity.

Step 17: Repeat step 16, but this time make the c4ds go the opposite direction of the flow.

Step 18: Add 3 gradient maps. Black to white on normal at 50%, purple to orange at soft light at 100%, blue/red/yellow on soft light at 20%.

Step 19: Make another splatter brush layer with a clipping mask, and blur the layer twice.

Step 20:
Apply layer, and do some more angled strokes and spray strokes. erase anything that looks bad.

Step 21: Apply image, and desaturate the newly applied image. Set to normal at 50%, and erase the middle of it (where the render is)

Step 22: Apply image, and sharpen. Erase everything except for the face and the render's left shoulder. then apply image again, and blur the renders other shoulder.

Step 23: Add text and a border, and your done!

Some other results:

PSD Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?32ufsci1jbddqg0
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 7:52pm | Report
nice

might have to feature this in tutorial corner in Mobaverse if you'd be okay with that I mean.

Great tut +1
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 8:08pm | Report
Thanks! I didn't think you'd actually make a tutorial if requested. ^^

Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 9:29pm | Report
Hot damn, gonna have to try this out tomorrow, and like Jeffy said, would be awesome to have it featured in the Tutorial Corner.
To be updated soon!
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 9:41pm | Report
It appears some images are broken. Unfortunately, I wrote this tut a while ago for another site, and no longer have the images for the tut. I'll try my best to fix them, but its not looking good.
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 9:45pm | Report
I swear the images were all working when I looked at this earlier today... hope it's all there D=
To be updated soon!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide