Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Easy Gimp Tutorial?

Creator: Gunnarownsu November 4, 2011 10:19pm
12 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Gunnarownsu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2011 10:19pm | Report
I have recently got gimp and I'm confused. I look at other Gimp tutorials and they don't work for me because I can't figure out how to put a layer on around the render. If so can someone post a straight forward simple tutorial to Gimp. Be kind and help out a noob I beg you

thanks toThe Nameless Bard,WaffleWarrior Alexanpt,Infraynor, Palzm, and Mastajdog for these amazing sigs.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 12:20am | Report
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 9:12am | Report
Yes but it seems that when I have the new layer its either nonexistent or covers all of my render. so basically I don't know how to put the checkerboard type layer at the beginning around the render.Because in yours it shows the render in the same layer as the other layer which in mine they are seperate. get what i mean?

thanks toThe Nameless Bard,WaffleWarrior Alexanpt,Infraynor, Palzm, and Mastajdog for these amazing sigs.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 9:31am | Report
You have to cut out the background from the image yourself or use a premade render.

Example:

This is a render. When you put it into GIMP it will have an alpha layer (checkerboard) already in it.

this is not. you would have to render this yourself.

planetrenders.net has some LoL renders and just doing a google search for "[champion name] league of legends render" will often come up with some.
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 10:57am | Report
ok that is very helpful thank ou

Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:05am | Report
for some reason when I put it on Gimp it never has the alpha layer. It is just background white.

am I missing something?

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:08am | Report
delete the white layer, that's just the canvas layer.
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:14am | Report
I am so sorry but I am completely confused. I have the render up but when I add a new layer it covers all of the render up, can you make a straight-forward tutorial to put the render on the alpha thing or checkerboard? I am confused, if this is hard to do for you then don't bother. I get how to do the rest other than that on your tutorial.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:16am | Report
Sure, gimme a bit :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:33am | Report
first off copy your chosen render, just right-click on the document.

now go to your canvas, right click on that and go to "paste as" and click new layer:

Now move the render around as you see fit with the movement tool

Once you have it where you want it, delete the canvas layer by right clicking on it on the layer tab.

Once you've done that right-click on the render layer and click add layer, it will automatically be the right size and be on top of the render. go to the layer menu and go to the stack menu and click "layer to bottom", this will put the new layer underneath your render.

Hope this helps!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide