Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

SOTW?

Creator: foggy12 February 17, 2011 4:07pm
13 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Kibblinator
<Member>
Kibblinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2011 8:38am | Report

The thing is, there seems to be 3 dedicated signature makers on this thread, with maybe 1 or 2 more who occasionally create some. An SotW would get a little repetitive after a while, I think. Of course, I've never really experienced one before, so I may be wrong.

Maybe if we went longer term, perhaps a sig of the month, we'd be able to allocate a longer time for voting and submission meaning we'd get more input, whilst not actually doing as many sigs from the same people? That way the idea would perhaps become less repetitive (with the same people making sigs over and over again).

To be honest, I think another huge issue is how few votes there would be meaning continual ties, and just generally that on such a quite forums (by general comparison) zero clear cut winners or competition.
TRUeLM
<Member>
TRUeLM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2011 12:03pm | Report
Quoted:
To be honest, I think another huge issue is how few votes there would be meaning continual ties, and just generally that on such a quite forums (by general comparison) zero clear cut winners or competition.

That ^. It would be quite difficult to contain biased voting in a sub-forum that really only sees activity from a few people. The usual solutions - such as nameless polls and text-less tags - might work, but I'm pretty sure most people can spot a foggy tag when they see one.

And keeping things from getting repetitive could be easily remedied : Theme based SOTW, like usual, as well as the rules being tweaked every new SOTW.

ie.

SOTW I

Theme : League of Legends
Rules : No c4d/fractals | No text | No premades | No voting for yourself
Entry length : 5 days
Voting : First to 15 or closed after 2 days with most votes winning.

This way, it would be difficult for the entrant, thus resulting in actual competition, and the change in style due to the rules might have an effect on the voters.
Kibblinator
<Member>
Kibblinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2011 3:04am | Report
TRUeLM wrote:

SOTW I

Theme : League of Legends
Rules : No c4d/fractals | No text | No premades | No voting for yourself
Entry length : 5 days
Voting : First to 15 or closed after 2 days with most votes winning.

This way, it would be difficult for the entrant, thus resulting in actual competition, and the change in style due to the rules might have an effect on the voters.

We just need to get the ball rolling now to see how this pans out :). There's no harm in trying, and hey, maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, but only experimentation ought to tell us that. Do we need a mod or something or do we just unofficially "start"? I guess we at least need to decide on a rule/theme setter each week.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide