Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

How do builds gain popularity?

Creator: ProxAzn
June 17, 2012 2:54pm
14 posts page 1 of 2 Forums » Build & Guide Discussion » How do builds gain popularity?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by ProxAzn » June 17, 2012 2:54pm | Report
I recently made a Draven build and it was doing great, I'm sure people found it because it was at the newest builds section. But after a while, things start dying down...how do you make it become more popular? Do you have to be the first one to make a build for a new champion and hope that you're the first one to get upvoted? Do you have to advertise that it has videos and screenshots etc? Or do you have to brag how you're 2200+ ELO and that this build will make you pro? I really think my Draven build[ has a lot of potential but nobody votes it. Help?
ProxAzn's Forum Avatar

ProxAzn
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (4)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Lugignaf » June 17, 2012 2:59pm | Report
2 things.

1: That's build advertising, sorry.

2: Find a way to advertise by just... being around!

Play a normal/ranked game and if/when you do well, link it in post-game chat.
Put a link to it in your sig. That's allowed.
If some is asking "How do I play draven?" and your guide is super, super in depth, feel free to link it.

EDIT: Get some friends to vote on it to get it in the top 10 threshold if you can. Don't ask them to make alternate accounts though. That's against the rules too.
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Lugignaf
<Moderator>
Rep: Renowned (562)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by ProxAzn » June 17, 2012 3:07pm | Report
Oh **** is it really? My bad, I'll take it off.

EDIT: Wait me mentioning my build itself or me just posting a link to it? ._.
ProxAzn's Forum Avatar

ProxAzn
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » June 17, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Go to review shops, they will give you guidance and maybe even a vote. You don't have to be the first guide out there to be up there. I personally am #6 in the Wukong guides and confident I can move up thanks to the criticism I had from others. There's a bunch of review shops, just look around!

If you felt I contributed and stuff, can I have a (+1 Rep =3)?
Need a sig? Come get one for at Amazing Monkey's Community Sig Shop!
View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!
Amazing Monkey's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Rep: Memorable (59)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Lugignaf » June 17, 2012 3:23pm | Report
Posting the link is advertising mostly.
If you're just saying stuff along the lines of "come look at my build, it's good" that's also advertising.

Something I completely spaced on, that Mr. Monkey touched on, is review threads.

Don't just request and relax though. Give feedback after the review if/when you get one.

Most review shops have a minimum post qualification though and I don't think you meet any of them. I suggest you get workin.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Lugignaf's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Lugignaf
<Moderator>
Rep: Renowned (562)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » June 17, 2012 3:33pm | Report
Icecreamy is the first stop you should make, as there's no post requirements. Next, look the 25 post minimum shops. Then, you can hit up ChubbyBaby after 100 for the mucho grande beat-down critique (my personal fav). Just be social, as Lugi said, and your name will get out there!

Oh, I also post updates in my blog about my guide. I THINK that's ok, but I didn't look at the rules...I would confirm that one before copying me lol

View my Wukong Guide- Great Sage Equal to Heaven, Shyvana Guide- Justice Under Dragon's Wings, or NEW Lulu Guide- Whimsical Wonders of the Imagination! Yay!
Special thanks to Miss Maw, Lazukin, Leipetaco, Xiaowiriamu, LaCorpse, and SarcasmAppreciated for the sigs!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by ProxAzn » June 17, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Thanks guys, I'll try that :]
ProxAzn's Forum Avatar

ProxAzn
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by IceCreamy » June 17, 2012 4:13pm | Report
I love how I have to do nothing and people will do the advertising to my shop for me :D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
IceCreamy
<Moderator>
Rep: Esteemed (450)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Amazing Monkey » June 17, 2012 4:25pm | Report
Cause it's a good, simple service! Especially for newcomers who wouldn't find it otherwise! Thanks again for the review lol

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Amazing Monkey
<Member>
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Keondre » June 17, 2012 4:33pm | Report
@IceCreamy

You are soo good that people would even put it in their signatures, even though its not there shop. Oh yeah, btw I was going to PM you about this but I should do it now. Do you mind if I put your colums and general LoL guides in my siggie?
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
Keondre's Forum Avatar

Keondre
<Member>
Rep: Distinguished (221)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!