Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malady on Kayle?

Creator: Vyere August 3, 2011 6:30am
Vyere
<Member>
Vyere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 6:30am | Report
In my experience, it works on Kayle, however I need your input about the item.

In my guide(click that guide word to see, you can read that guide and vote/comment on any other things if you so wish)
I made it the core item, together with Nashor's Tooth.

Is it a really viable item, or should I stick with another item to make it core, perhaps Rabadon's instead?

Thanks! Also, what is more recommended, rushing Malady, or Nashor's Tooth? (I am used to rushing Nashor's and then next farming up for Rageblade, but Rageblade ain't that pretty on Kayle anymore, however, when I tried Malady, it was fine as well, but I found myself having problems with keeping up my mana against a lineup of Sion and Sona).
Was I able to help you? Give me a +Rep if I did! :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 7:41am | Report
That's what I do. Along with The Black cleaver, it makes good on your useless passive.
The way you have it in your build however, I don't like out of personal preference.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 7:53am | Report
Manamune or Chalice of Harmony will help with mana issues.

I found that an atmog's Kayle worked the best (A true tank Kayle works also, but you are clearly looking for actual damage).

Something like:
Meki Pendant, 2 Health Potions
Berserker's Greaves
Tear of the Goddess
Emblem of Valor
Manamune
Stark's Furvor
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Guardian Angel

You could add in some AP items if you wanted, a Rod of Ages would be a good choice, for example.

EDIT: you basically need to be bulky enough to get in melee range so you can constantly proc your passive.
You won't have a lot of kills but you will have assists. XD
Vyere
<Member>
Vyere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 8:00am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

That's what I do. Along with The Black cleaver, it makes good on your useless passive.
The way you have it in your build however, I don't like out of personal preference.

I believe Black Cleaver is for AD, I'm also in the process of making an AD or hybrid guide as well. The Guide I made was to center on AP, because the time I was making the guide, I didn't want to take a gamble on making a hybrid. I'll keep in mind to test Black Cleaver and Malady though - and yes, I do agree that it makes good on a useless passive. I hope Riot buffs Kayle's passive soon.

Manamune or Chalice of Harmony will help with mana issues.

I found that an atmog's Kayle worked the best (A true tank Kayle works also, but you are clearly looking for actual damage).

Something like:
Meki Pendant, 2 Health Potions
Berserker's Greaves
Tear of the Goddess
Emblem of Valor
Manamune
Stark's Furvor
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Guardian Angel

You could add in some AP items if you wanted, a Rod of Ages would be a good choice, for example.

When I get Nashor's Tooth, and with the help of mana reg/lvl yellows, I barely notice my lack of mana :)

The build I made is centered on AP Support/2nd Carry though and not on Tanking and AD, but if I'd ever try to make Kayle tank, I'd be sure to take your pointers. :) Thanks!

P.S. I'm not much of a fan of Manamune, except if using Blitzcrank... I tend to get away from that item most of the time on AD's (instead I buy Bloodthirster on a champ like Sivir).
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 8:01am | Report
Atmogs isn't as powerful now with that passive change IMO.
She still deals a ton of damage, at range and in an AoE, with The Black Cleaver and Malady.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Vyere
<Member>
Vyere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 8:06am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Atmogs isn't as powerful now with that passive change IMO.
She still deals a ton of damage, at range and in an AoE, with The Black Cleaver and Malady.

It's like Riot forced us to make Cleaver and Malady a must for Kayle. :|

Ah well. That's Riot for you. I liked the cd buff on Righteous Fury though :D
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 8:14am | Report
Lol I've been playing nothing but atmog's Kayle and done really well.

I only get manamune when I go AD Kayle, otherwise I generally stick to chalice of harmony. Since other mana items are often built you get decent AD out of it, but it leaves you very squishy early. Rushing a Rod of Ages would probably be better.

My experiment with Lichbane Kayle was also relatively successful, but it turns you into pure burst and I question the actual viability of that option.
Vyere
<Member>
Vyere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 8:05pm | Report

My experiment with Lichbane Kayle was also relatively successful, but it turns you into pure burst and I question the actual viability of that option.

I tried farming for Lichbane, but the game ended prematurely XD
I have yet to see what I can do with Lichbane Kayle.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide