Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Master Yi - Vampiric Scepter vs Phantom Dancer...

Creator: da_neo August 2, 2011 8:29pm
1 2
da_neo
<Member>
da_neo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 8:29pm | Report
SO, i kinda play Yi as a jungler because I think he does best in jungle.

A friend of mine (level 23) has a friend with 1200wins...i repeat 1200 wow he must be pro (attention:sarcasm)

So he plays Yi on lane like his friend suggested.
First rush a phantom dancer, then two...TWO vampiric scepter and then infinity edge. I wanted to tell him that two vampiric scepters with 117AD (which he had at that time) equaled kinda like 24 HP per hit.... A minion does more damage than 24 HP. >.>

Some say that it's the best to rush infinity then phantom dancer.

So as a jungler I kinda rush wriggles then one or two phantom dancers. I feel like I really need the movementspeed and the attackspeed they offer.

So my actual question is:
Are two Vampiric Scepters really worth it on lane Yi after phantom dancer?

His reasoning was, that, after his lane enemies would be ganked, they would be dead and or injuried enough to teleport back. In that time he would heal enough to be back to full HP.

Theoretically I would, if i ever play lane yi, max Q first then W with one early point in E. Because the damage from E 1-2-3 is minimal, while W actually gives you great tankability and surviability. I would simply wait till they dished out their CC, for example Taric stun, then W immidiatly after I get attacked. I would have enough regen and mr/ar to tank long enough, so that my lane mate could deal some serious damage.

So again: Are two Vampiric Scepters worth it...i mean....24 health..>:>
If I could help you +rep me ;)

J'amuse mon monde mais le monde va mal
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 8:49pm | Report
I would say, it's ok simply because of how well master Yi sticks to targets. I wouldn't recommend it though as it's giving you nothing in terms of damage output.
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 2:48am | Report
Try starting with vampiric scepter when jungling. You might need AD quints for it to work tho.
After Wriggles you don't need any lifesteal.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Vyere
<Member>
Vyere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 6:44am | Report
Nope. Two Vampiric isn't good, it would be better if he would've purchased BF sword straight, if possible, instead of 2 Vampiric Scepters. However, he can buy one though(assuming he didn't buy a vampiric scepter already from early game).
Was I able to help you? Give me a +Rep if I did! :)
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 12:07pm | Report
Wriggles - Youmuu

Youmuu > PD.
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 12:16pm | Report

Wriggles - Youmuu

Youmuu > PD.

Youmuu on CD < PD
Youmuu active > PD
Youmuu ended < PD

I hate youmuu for first item, if you don't have it on, you don't have AS...

I would love to learn Yi or Sion AD... but I have a very hard time laning Yi and jungling his ganks aren't very good... And he seems to be too weak on teamfights, I already thought on building 3 vampiric scepter -> bloodthrister + wriggles + Starks

IDK, I'm not good with him D':
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 2:46pm | Report
Another advantage that Youmuu has over PD is that you can get an early Avarice which goes a long way, especially on jungle Yi. The fast Brutalizer is also very powerful.

Personally I prefer what Dante builds. Wriggle's-Youmuu's and then maybe I-Edge or Triforce.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:19pm | Report
I'd wait with Ghostblade until you get some damage. Damage->ArP is usually the way to go.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:20pm | Report
It's different with Master Yi though because Wuju Style is ridiculous.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:23pm | Report
Ah, tru dat.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide