Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Question about MobaFire Guides & Community

Creator: jamosmith June 27, 2013 7:40pm
1 2
jamosmith
<Member>
jamosmith's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 7:54am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

A good guide is a combination of a good build and a good guide...

Thanks for the constructive criticism mate~!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 7:55am | Report
"Volibear is a great tank because of his Chosen of the Storm passive, in situations such as X Y and Z I use my Q, W or E to do A B or C."

This is not constructive criticism due to the section I bolded. That's someone commenting and giving their own experience.

Like, let's try rewriting this: "MF is a good at killing people. In situations such as 'there's an enemy champion in front of me', I use my QWER to kill them."

What part of that sounds like constructive criticism?
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 8:15am | Report
jamosmith wrote:

There are top rated guides that make these same recommendations bro.

Holy ****? Where? I'm gonna go downvote them too. I looked at top-rated guides on MOBAFire, Solomid, Lolking and LoLPro and found ONE guide suggestion Lifesteal Quints and it was a *jungle* guide. Calling ********, bro.

jamosmith wrote:
When I ask for constructive criticism on a guide about that means I'm looking for people saying things like this:

"Volibear is a great tank because of his Chosen of the Storm passive, in situations such as X Y and Z I use my Q, W or E to do A B or C."

as opposed to the **** you spout "EMERGERDERPADERPA U NUB!"

1) Don't paraphrase me out of context. That's not what I said in entirety (although it's pretty much where I was leading to) and it wasn't complete ****.

2) Your definition of constructive criticism is far too narrow (your example also appears to be questionable - it's just someone commenting on Volibear, not necessarily criticising a guide). You should be able to take criticism that isn't spoonfed to you as constructive as well. Your inability to do so is your shortcoming, not our's.

3) We're not actually obliged to give you constructive criticism, regardless of how politely you ask.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 8:38am | Report
Haha. Op butthurt.

Anyways, I don't write guides for the approval of the knuckledraggers on moba. I just write to write. I basically copy pasted reginald's and xerathmidonly's xerath build and wrote a detailed guide. People flamed my build (LOL) and it resides at 67%. Can you stop being butthurt about your score and just write guides to write guides?

Also your voli build is garbage.
Also, what's wrong with LS quints on voli? It could has potential.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 9:05am | Report

Also your voli build is garbage.
Also, what's wrong with LS quints on voli? It could has potential.

Well if you dont build any damage (and you should be building full tank IMO), you shouldnt get lifesteal as well.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 10:28pm | Report
You have a horrible attitude, this is your first mistake.
Accept ANY comment with open arms. Never disregard a comment, no matter how "troll" it is.
If multiple people are flaming you saying your guide is bad, then of course they are right.
Contributing to the community? How? By delivering us another garbage guide/build?

You need to think outside the hexagon. Do you see other top rated guides (regardless of the website) running AS seals? 99.9% of them are running armor seals, the other 0.1% is your rune setup. Do you see good Volibear players playing Volibear in MID lane, using Berserker's Greaves, Phantom Dancer & Zephyr? Nope. Just because you have a "unique" build doesn't mean it's a good build.

Now, you're talking a lot about "constructive criticism", and you seem to appreciate it in great depth.
So I'll give you this.
Read ALL the resources. If you think "Nah, stuff it I'm too lazy", then you're a gigantic hypocrite. These resources supply a beginner guide maker with every single piece of information they need.

If you don't want to read it, then do us a favor, and depart.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 2:35am | Report

If multiple people are flaming you saying your guide is bad, then of course they are right.

Although I agree with most of your statement, this bothers me. Mobafire members tend to flame first, give helpful advice later, especially if someone like lagger posts the first review and encourages that kind of response. I would get very defensive if everyone was simply responding saying "**** guide -1". But in this case, people were giving thoughtful and legit critique which was called trollish. But you shouldn't listen to actual trolls who just say "You know, I don't really like this guide, or you for that matter. -1 because no Deathcap on Talon."
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 3:08am | Report
I mean flaming as in "Those marks are bad".

Not **** guide -1

Sorry for misclarification.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide