Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Emporium of Critiques!

Creator: Mazuran July 1, 2013 11:35am
1 2
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 1, 2013 11:35am | Report
It's another review shop! Yay! >_>
I'm in a good mood, and for once I'm willing to help people.
I may or not vote on a guide, depends on how good/bad I think it is.
For a review, you will need to post:

- Title of guide
- Link to guide
- How good your written english is.
- Anything in particular you'd like advice on

Don't:
- Post unfinished guides. Please. That just wastes everyone's time.
- Be offended by my review. You asked for a review, I'm going to give an honest review.
- Assume I'll give you an upvote because you asked me to look at it.

Some of the things I'll be looking for:
- Decent Items/Runes/Masteries/Skill order. I'm not expecting EVERY combination under the sun, but some variety and explanation behind it is good.
- General purtyness: Tart your guide up a bit, ok?
- Structure: Does your guide flow properly? Does it flit about like a moth round a lightbulb?
- ********: Writing things which are just untrue. This is a Bad Thing, which gets you the internet version of a clip round the ear.
- There'll be more, but I think I'll let people figure it out for themselves...
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 1:12pm | Report
I got a secret review from Mazuran, I asked for his help for the Getting Views guide, and he made some great points.

Thank you Mazuran :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 1:53pm | Report
Sinful Support Morgana

Just posted up the ADC Opposition section, so I need that checked over.

I speak American English natively. My written skills...my English teachers don't like me ;u;
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
F3ar0ner
<Member>
F3ar0ner's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2013 6:20pm | Report
Hmmm, that seems interesting.

Katarina - The Noxian Assassin

English in not my native language, but I'm sure I have taken care of grammar errors.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2013 12:26am | Report
"BroLAUGHing (Jungle)"
In my Sig (5th button)
English is my main language
Not really

Ignore the jungling section, haven't updated the route since patches.

"Dragonslaying (ADC)"
In my Sig (3rd button)
English is my main language
Visuals

Thanks <3
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2013 9:45am | Report
DKitten wrote:

Sinful Support Morgana

Just posted up the ADC Opposition section, so I need that checked over.

I speak American English natively. My written skills...my English teachers don't like me ;u;

Right, a support Morgana guide. This is the only support Morg guide on Mobafire to my knowledge, and the other top Morg guides don't even talk about support Morg as far as I can tell. So you get a bonus point for bringing something new to the world of Morgana guides.

+ Well laid out, Not too much text in one go
+ Good item choices, good explanations for which item to get when and why
+ Good grammar and spelling as far as I can tell
+ Good explanations of how to play and when to make plays

- Abbreviations like "btw" and "atkspd" could be written out in full for clarity (this is done in the ADC opposition bit a few times). This isn't really something done wrong as such, it's mostly a personal preference.
- "Global Objectives" section doesn't include towers :(
- part about counter-warding and/or when you should buy an oracles or not would be a good addition.

So... It's a good guide. My main issue is that it doesn't really explain what your role is as the support - your guide is good for someone with a bit of knowledge about the current meta, but for a complete noob it's a bit disorienting.
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2013 1:29pm | Report
F3ar0ner wrote:

Hmmm, that seems interesting.

Katarina - The Noxian Assassin

English in not my native language, but I'm sure I have taken care of grammar errors.

Ok, a Katarina guide. You've got your work cut out here, as there's plenty of good Kat guides to compete. No points for innovation, I'm afraid.

+ Very comprehensive items and opponent section
+ Opponents section is good - Very nice to Ctrl+F to just before a game starts
+ Quite a purty guide - good use of the coding to make it readable
+ It's a "good" guide. There's nothing majorly wrong about it.

- Some spelling and grammar mistakes e.g. "Kennen is the most funnest champion to play", "Black shield can absord a lot of damage". Grammar mistakes are ok if english is your second language, but to be honest with most browsers having a spellcheck these days there isn't much excuse for spelling errors.
- No mention of Katarina being played as a possible top laner - if your guide is specifically for the mid lane, you need to say so in the title.
- You only give teleport a 2/5 rating, but then say it's a really good spell. Make your mind up!
- A lot of people would argue with your lane opponent ratings.
- Some of your item comments could do with being justified - Why, for example, does Warmoggs synergise better than Guardian Angel?
- Some iffy comments that remind a little too much of ******** - e.g. DFG being "a great initiator in team fights", WotA being "the best among the Spell Vamp items since the rework".

The worst offence is in the Q&A part at the end:
Quoted:
For the time being, I believe that there's no need to write about her gameplay

If so, then why the hell have you written a guide? Why should I even read your guide?

Overall:
It's a solid guide on it's own merits, and the negatives I pointed out are me being really finicky. It's just that compared to the other high-ranking Katarina guides on the site, your guide doesn't have anything particularly unique or special. So... I'm not upvoting or downvoting.
F3ar0ner
<Member>
F3ar0ner's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2013 7:00pm | Report
Mazuran wrote:

Ok, a Katarina guide. You've got your work cut out here, as there's plenty of good Kat guides to compete. No points for innovation, I'm afraid.

+ Very comprehensive items and opponent section
+ Opponents section is good - Very nice to Ctrl+F to just before a game starts
+ Quite a purty guide - good use of the coding to make it readable
+ It's a "good" guide. There's nothing majorly wrong about it.

- Some spelling and grammar mistakes e.g. "Kennen is the most funnest champion to play", "Black shield can absord a lot of damage". Grammar mistakes are ok if english is your second language, but to be honest with most browsers having a spellcheck these days there isn't much excuse for spelling errors.
- No mention of Katarina being played as a possible top laner - if your guide is specifically for the mid lane, you need to say so in the title.
- You only give teleport a 2/5 rating, but then say it's a really good spell. Make your mind up!
- A lot of people would argue with your lane opponent ratings.
- Some of your item comments could do with being justified - Why, for example, does Warmoggs synergise better than Guardian Angel?
- Some iffy comments that remind a little too much of ******** - e.g. DFG being "a great initiator in team fights", WotA being "the best among the Spell Vamp items since the rework".

The worst offence is in the Q&A part at the end:

If so, then why the hell have you written a guide? Why should I even read your guide?

Overall:
It's a solid guide on it's own merits, and the negatives I pointed out are me being really finicky. It's just that compared to the other high-ranking Katarina guides on the site, your guide doesn't have anything particularly unique or special. So... I'm not upvoting or downvoting.

Thank you for the review. Really great tips, I will correct what you pointed out.
Just want to clarify, by "I believe there's no need to write about her gameplay", I meant I won't be going into detailed analysis of it. I have some general tips in the gameplay section, but, I understand that may not be enough, so I am making a detailed one, for the sake of the guide.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2013 7:02pm | Report

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
tLayZ
<Member>
tLayZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2013 7:58pm | Report
Guide Title: Quinn & Valor - Taking Flight

Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/quinn-amp-valor-taking-flight-294177

English is my first language and my guide should be grammatically correct.

Just a basic review would be great!

Thanks for your time!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide