Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Warning to All Review Shops

Creator: Mowen April 11, 2012 3:19pm
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 3:19pm | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/news/two-new-ranks-new-scout-points-system-new-automatic-promotions-oh-my-10752

"Overtly begging for +Rep, blackmailing for +Rep, buying +Rep, any such attempts at gaming the system will result in your Reputation being reset and your rank being locked. It may also get you permanently banned. It's gonna take a lot of work to cheat this system and I can undo all of your efforts in about 3 clicks so don't bother. Get your Reputation Points honestly and fairly the same way everyone does - by helping your fellow community members!"

Currently some review shops have a rule that requires requesters to +rep them once they get their sig. This constitutes "buying +rep" because you're saying "in order to get this service from me you have to +rep me." However, saying "if you are happy with my work, I'd appreciate a +rep!" would be ok. Basically, you can't REQUIRE it, because then it's buying.

Just to clarify none of you are in trouble at the moment. I just realized this recently and discussed it with Matt and he agreed that requiring +rep for services is a breach of rules. I'm giving a week long grace period for you guys to read this and change up your reviewing rules. If you don't change within this week long grace period your shops will be locked and you will be warned.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide