Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

¡¡winston's formatting review service!!

Creator: winston gergill May 30, 2016 1:33am
winston gergill
<Member>
winston gergill's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2016 1:33am | Report

Hey there!

Ever had a guide with flawless content, but it just didn't look right?

Have you ever wanted a fresh perspective on your guide, but not just another review criticizing your item choices?

LOOK NO FURTHER
WINSTON'S FORMATTING REVIEW SERVICE HAS ARRIVED

That's right, for the low low price of ZERO DOLLARS, I'll comment on your guide's formatting!

All ya gotta do is:

• Make sure you've met the prerequisites
  • Leave a link to your guide in a comment
  • Mention anything you'd like me to focus on in particular
  • Nothing. There's literally nothing you have to do from this point onwards go home

Prerequisites, you say?!!!! Yeah, sorry, but there are a couple things you gotta do before requesting here (really, they're not hard):

ONE: You MUST have read jhoijhoi's Guide to Making a Guide! Seriously, this thing's chock-full of formatting tips and tricks to help just about anyone out.

TWO: You MUST have finished your guide! This is a guide review service, not a walkthrough on writing a guide. See Prerequisite #1. If you've got a simple formatting question to ask me, though, feel free to shoot a PM my way. :)

THREE: You MUST be patient! I'm a person too, and I can't (sadly) devote all of my time to this. Sorry! I'll try to get to requests as soon as I can.

FOUR: There's not a fourth prerequisite. Jhin made me put down a #4. .-.

So how does this all work???

I will grade your guide from 1 to 5, based on:

-Formatting/Code
-Use of Images/Videos
-Guide "Flow" and Ordering
-Grammar
-Anything else you request

What do the scores mean?!? (I round up!!)

1 - Very Poor. The guide is a pain on the eyes, and needs a complete overhaul. There's a clear lack of effort put into the work and next to no coding. Downvote

2 - Poor. There's some room for improvement, but it's gonna need a lot of work to get there. Usage of BBcode is minimal, and the guide as a whole is not an easy nor enjoyable read.

3 - Fair. While not perfect by any means, the guide can stand on its own and shows adequate use of BBcode and creativity. It still could use a good tuning-up, though.

4 - Good. The guide is easy to read, and flows pretty well. There's creative use of coding and images, and shows that a solid effort was made in putting everything together. Upvote

5 - Excellent. The guide is a work of art, both a pleasure to look at and read. There is creative use of coding and general formatting, which shines through as a clear product of very hard work. Upvote and +Rep

Remember, I don't judge based on what you're writing; I judge on how it's written and presented. If you wrote an ADC Soraka guide that looks so amazing I'm afraid to touch it, you've earned my vote.

Cheers! :D

Janna guide | Thanks @ LadyOfClockwork for the sig! :D
QuinnMains
<Brawler>
QuinnMains's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2016 1:58am | Report
Hey there!

Could you review this guide I wrote on behalf of r/QuinnMains (it's a community guide of sorts)? Here is the link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/demacias-wings-r-quinnmains-universal-quinn-guide-450976

Much appreciated!
winston gergill
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2016 11:14pm | Report
Finished!
Janna guide | Thanks @ jhoijhoi for the sig! :D
BlueMoon01
<Member>
BlueMoon01's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2016 11:18pm | Report
Hoho can you do my Viktor guide too ? I am in ranked now but I'll link the guide later ^^
MAS/SGMYID server player

Ask anything related to my guide away, will be glad to help!

+Rep me if it helped, would help me a lot too :)
winston gergill
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 6:07pm | Report
Hey BlueMoon! I'll get to your guide within the next couple of days; I've been super busy with school and volleyball and life :3

Thanks for your patience! :D
Janna guide | Thanks @ LadyOfClockwork for the sig! :D
BlueMoon01
<Member>
BlueMoon01's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 10:16pm | Report
Take your time; even if it means 1 month :]
MAS/SGMYID server player

Ask anything related to my guide away, will be glad to help!

+Rep me if it helped, would help me a lot too :)
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2016 2:34pm | Report
I would LOVE a review from you. I reviewed the quinnmains guide and saw your review and already decided to give you a rep. You're reviews are extremely detailed and informative, which is exactly what I need for my guide. My link is in my sig and I'd like you to focus mainly on the runes section because mine is awful compared to most others'. It used to be better but I felt it was overly detailed and made a smaller section which now looks really meh. I'd love a overhaul on it.

Other than that, I'd just love to say that your page here was a lovely read (haha, I used the word lovely xD).
If I helped you, I would appreciate a +rep
winston gergill
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2016 3:45pm | Report
Hey everyone,

I haven't forgotten this thread, my computer crashed recently and I lost all of my files. I'll be working on the above reviews in the next couple of weeks, but feel free to put in any of your own requests if you want. I'll get around to them soon. :)
Janna guide | Thanks @ jhoijhoi for the sig! :D
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2016 5:05am | Report
Well, if you could take a look at mine after you've finished the others, I'd appreciate it :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide