Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Competitive mindset and potential? Dark...

Creator: Baron Sunbacon October 25, 2012 3:55am
1 2
Baron Sunbacon
<Member>
Baron Sunbacon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:25pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

A mindset to win and play competitively means you have to actually care about your elo and win games, because competitive teams aren't below 2k.

I do somewhat agree on this. However the main difference is that we disagree on what exactly defines a competitive team. When I say a competitive team, I mean someone who plays competitively. Not someone with high ELO necessarily. A team of players who like to play competetively does not mean they have to be over 2000ELO.
I do agree about caring about the ELO, but not necessarily winning. You don't see every competitive team out there winning all their games. And I would also like to add that I count playing in Go4LoL as participating in competitions.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:33pm | Report
A jerk guy that thinks a bit too high of himself,
I added him BEFORE I even thought about applying since it's wasted time applying to a team that won't fit you anyway.

His answers were like this:
"And you are?"
"You don't seem to be able to read."

Well that was enough for me, specially since he is the "division/clan-leader"

And if you don't want people adding you beforehand give proper information instead of letting us ask all the questions, "Competitive mindset and potential" while being 1.3-1.4 - if you would've written "Casual Team that likes to tryhard" or sth like that it would've been more like the truth.

Well whatever don't mean to be a jerk but your attitude is a bit off.

Have a good evening/night.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:38pm | Report
Well, if that's the case, it seems a bit hypocritical/false advertising...

Quoted:
- I want you to be be 18 and mature (being 18 doesn't mean you're automatically mature)

Quoted:
- The team will be respectful to you, so you need to be respectful to them

I'm having second thoughts.
Baron Sunbacon
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:42pm | Report
You told me writing an application was a waste of time since it wouldn't be read anyways, and I said that we don't want people who don't read. The OP clearly says what you should do. It also says:
If you have any questions please ask them here, I will respond. I won't be accepting the random friend requests unless I see a proper application on our forums.

And since I saw neither anything here, nor the euw topic or our own forums I figured you'd added me for some other purpose. The first thing you do however is start talking about how you would like to join a team and that you mained top, went adc and back to top. It says that I'm not interested in having friend requests and have people start talking to me about joining when they've yet to apply and yet that is what you did. And if you don't want to conform to our way of recruiting our members, then what's the likelyness you'll be anywhere near accepting our actual rules in the clan.

And no it's not a casual team, it's a clan and our EUW company holds several teams within the clan which we support. I'm not the EUW company commander in our clan because of my skill in League, but rather the fact that I've spent a ton of time to make the section work.
So don't look at me and believe I'm the skill-level of our clan, look instead at our competitive squad leaders for that, I'm leading a company and not a team.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:44pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Well, if that's the case, it seems a bit hypocritical/false advertising...

I'm having second thoughts.

the argument that he stated he doesn't wanna be added ingame is invalid since:

1. he could just decline strangers
2. he could answer "normal" and say sth like "please apply in the forums .."

EDIT: w/e you just went full ******

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:50pm | Report
If it's genuine interest, just get him to do all the paperwork AFTERWARDS instead of being rude? You don't have to be passive aggressive just because he skipped a few steps. Jeez.

Lead by example, Mr 'Respectful'. Based on what you've written, the way you act, you are in no way qualified to be a leader of any sort, even a lowly one. In addition, you make assumptions that just because he skips the application form, he'll break all the other guidelines?

OMG YOU NO FILL OUT FORM, SENTENCE HIM TO EXILE.

Yeah, overreact much? I don't think I'm interested any more, if the Division leader can't even handle a polite greeting.
Baron Sunbacon
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:52pm | Report
I go ahead and do a onetime exception because I wonder why you added me. You go do the exact opposite of what the original post says, you've obviously not read what the DR forums say, because you don't think the applications are worth anything and don't get read.
Why do we have them? First impression.
The application system is there because I want to be able to read what you've written when I'm interviewing you, I want to come into the interview with some basic knowledge about why you applied to us and why you're interested in joining.
I then tell you we're not interested in people who won't read.
Sure it's a harsh message, but that's also the harsh truth. If you're not interested in what I write, how can I ensure that you actually read our newsletter, our rules and our forum ToS?
Followed by inciting drama.

What I'm saying is that as the company commander of the EUW company, I get to choose what kind of people I want in the section. And people who don't bother reading things I find important, are not people I want.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:02pm | Report
OH CLAP HIM IRONS. SENTENCE HIM TO DEATH. EXECUTE HIM AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY.

Your first impression was rubbish, mate, you have no right to criticise his. And now you're trying to justify it? If being in your clan is just going to be full of justified being-*******s, it's not worth being in.

You don't even afford someone else basic courtesy.

Let me tell you about first impressions. Koksei takes the initiative and tells you all the really important things you need to know. That he wants a team and where he plays.

And somehow you make this logical leap that he is an outright rule-breaker who won't be respectful, who won't communicate, etc etc, whatever your other criterion are.

Now the PROPER response would have been to ask him what kind of person he is. And ask him if he fulfils the given guidelines. Then, if you're satisfied, you get him to fill out a form and read whatever needs to be read anyway, saying that it's still mandatory.

If you're talking about your clan values, you've exhibited none. You are a disgrace to your own tenets.

tl;dr - you don't have to be an arse.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide