Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2015 World Championship discussion thread

Creator: Vynertje September 5, 2015 6:13am
Who are the favourites to win? (only included 'serious' possibilities)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 9:54am | Report
That video is so awkward when you actually understand what they're saying
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 10:01am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
That video is so awkward when you actually understand what they're saying

I know that feeling, I can't watch any of those hitler videos
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2015 10:13am | Report
predictions for groups:

A: Koo CLG

B: FNC iG

C: SKT EDG

D: LGD KT
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2015 9:14pm | Report

Basically MOBAFire.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2015 12:15am | Report
Damn, I was going to make a Worlds thread seeing as I thought no one had made one yet and apparently there's been one for nearly a month and I just haven't noticed it l0l. I'll catch up when I'm done with college.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2015 4:33am | Report
MY BRAIN SAYS SKT AND MY HEART ALSO SAYS SKT.

I'll have to be at college again during the first game of the day. :( I think Fnatic actually does have a chance to win the whole thing. They were able to bring SKT to 5 games during MSI, back when they had steelback and weren't strong enough to clean sweep the summer split regular season. I mean you could argue that they were 5-2 overall against SKT during MSI so bringing SKT to 5 games didn't actually mean much, but it shows that on a good/lucky day they can definitely compete against one of the best international teams. I don't think they'll win but it's more likely than TPA winning season 2 worlds was.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2015 4:36am | Report
MY BRAIN SAYS SKT AND MY HEART ALSO SAYS SKT.

I'll have to be at college again during the first game of the day. :( I think Fnatic actually does have a chance to win the whole thing. They were able to bring SKT to 5 games during MSI, back when they had steelback and weren't strong enough to clean sweep the summer split regular season. I mean you could argue that they were 5-2 overall against SKT during MSI so bringing SKT to 5 games didn't actually mean much, but it shows that on a good/lucky day they can definitely compete against one of the best international teams. I don't think they'll win but it's more likely than TPA winning season 2 worlds was.

Completely agreed. Fnatic has an underdog chance to beat SKT on a great day although I'd give them less of a chance vs Chinese teams based on past results.

Same here on the college part too, it's a workgroup so I can't really sneakily watch it either. rip
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2015 4:49am | Report
You could argue SKT has improved by a ****load, which i wholeheartedly believe in.
I certainly cant prove it though.
In the meantime the coverage for me LITERALLY starts at midnight.

Basically MOBAFire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2015 5:07am | Report
You could argue SKT has improved by a ****load, which i wholeheartedly believe in.
I certainly cant prove it though.
In the meantime the coverage for me LITERALLY starts at midnight.

Same goes for Fnatic, and for Fnatic there is evidence to back it up:

1. Fnatic had 3 rookies going into the spring split.
2. Steelback was statistically one of the worst ADC's in the game
3. Rekkles has proven to be one of the best ADC's in the west, not just statistically during S4 but also in gameplay and consistency
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2015 5:41am | Report
I have a really hard time judging group B. All the others are rather straightforward. Invictus are really, really good when they show up. When they don't they shouldn't be even playing at Worlds (pretty much their pre-playoffs form). If they are consistent and keep the same form they've had since playoffs I think they have a very good shot at making it into the top 4, unless they fall flat or face one of the top contenders (SKT, LGD, EDG) early.

Fnatic hasn't impressed in the early game enough, which most likely will hurt them if they make it out of groups. They're great once they get rolling, but before that they are not that strong. I do think they will surpass AHQ and C9, so everything depends on if their early game is stronger and how well IG will play.

Can't really judge AHQ, with the limited knowledge on LMS that I got. I do think though they're strong contenders to make it out of groups and possibly into top 4 if they get a favorable quarterfinal. Sadly, they're rather one-dimensional, even though they're good at it.

C9 needs an even bigger miracle than they had during regionals. Unless any of the above underperform and the entire team has improved vastly in the break they most likely will place last.

The only other things that might happen in the other groups is paiN surprising us all (unlikely) and Origen overtaking KT (probably not, but who knows), and maybe Ryu showing off his Zed skills.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide