Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A new season, a new journey

Creator: Crows foot November 16, 2012 2:55pm
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 3:18am | Report
Ok, time once more for a large update, not a 1-game one.

Somehow yesterday I had time for 3 games. First of those is the one I posted about yesterday, WITH the screenshot. Seems like my gf didn't want breakfast but sleep in, so I played another two.

The last 7, including that one just posted, you can see here:

As you can see, the first game I already posted about last post.

So here we are, from the second to last game (first Teemo loss):
Game 18 - Teemo top vs Lee Sin. I was Doing good early game but got camped by pantheon and didn't adjust my playstyle and fed top. All the while our mid fed and our bot fed. So the result was my worst game this season and I want to forget about this even more than the Olaf-Jungle game. Bad farm, bad laning, bad teamfighting. I don't know that I could have carried this, but I do know that I wasn't able to carry even myself this game. QQ

Game 19 - Got adc, was with Lulu against a Vayne-Janna. I said we go for early harass, but Lulu didn't follow up. I went too low but we managed to turn the lane around. Our mid called mid, was completely fubar. I could have done way better bot, I could have chosen another champ. But I won duels with Vayne, going positive in lane, but we couldn't handle Ahri fed. We lost hard this game, and Vayne was a bigger lategame threat than me. Even though I managed to shut down Ahri a few times.

I picked Teemo cause I wanted to get my wins back up with him from last game, and since I had my wins as adc teemo this season. Bad choice, should have picked Ez or Cait.

That was it for yesterday, gf woke up and we did breakfast and had a cozy saturday with movies and all.

Then comes sunday morning. With a pregnant Gf we go to bed early, and she has trouble sleeping so she slept in this morning while I was up early after having 9 good hrs of sleep. So I went for it, another few games.

Game 20 - Kayle jungle. First game Kayle this season, like my 3rd game jungle this season. Our Irelia top got owned by Shen, our Lux mid got initially owned by Katarina, but botlane did well and I managed kills on Kata and Shen, also their jungler and saved our Ez and Lux with perfect ulties a few times.
We started to win teamfights, good ultis from lux and Ez game us the upper hand, and my ulti saved the one focused. We managed to pull through and do enough damage to win win win. I went for supporty build with Aegis and Zekes.

Will not analyze this too hard, I am not good enough Kayle player to say what I can have done better or not. Set a good mood for me though and I went into another game.

Game 21 - Teemo top vs Garen. Me 2nd pick, he 4th. So he countered himself. I didn't let him farm and had his *** all over the lane. Which means he started to roam and actually got some kills and went positive with 12/8. My team was nice and Annie got legendary. Except for one fight when Annie was afk for a few mins we won everything and won the game easy.

My lane was easy, I called ss:ed and pinged yet he still got kills on other teammates. I should have roamed with him better, shut him down wherever he went. But I kept his lane pushed and roamed mid a bit.

Game 22 - Teemo top vs Pantheon. I don't know his runes, but he didn't poke me hard enough and not even when he engaged he came out on top. I won this lane easy. Only kills on me was when Jax came top, and even then I most often got a kill in reverse. Somehow I was the focus in teamfights, I always seems to be. Teemo global taunt ftw. So midgame I tend to kill everything since I rush FM, after that I don't build much more survivability and that's where I get fubar:ed. I need to learn not to play as cocky after their adc start to get real damage, unless I solo them, then my blind ****s them up way too hard with a little attackspeed.

Game 23 - 3rd Vlad of the season. They first picked Shen, I said "He's mine" and picked Vlad. Shut him down in lane, he had 25 farm when I had 90, he had one kill from ulti bot, I had 3 and if he left lane I took a turret or half of it. In this Elo, Vlad shuts Shen down so hard it's not even funny. And in teamfights, my ulti, then Ahri popping hers is enough to 2v5 a team if we don't get blown up. Their LeB didn't manage that so we won fair and square.

So this morning I went 4-0 and have taken myself from 1-3 this season to 14-9 and am now at 1190. 3 more wins and I am past "noob elo" and will begin my real rise for Gold this season. Cause I know that's where I belong, if I continue playing my best.

So now: 10-2 with Teemo, 2-1 with Vlad, 1-1 with Shen. Oh well, only Vlad and Teemo more than 2 games. Will continue with both of these, since I can go mid and top with both, and even bot with Teemo if I feel like I have the chance.

I tend to build my Teemo more bruisery this season than last. I do ap-runes and ap-masteries on him, with some survivability in defense tree. On this now I go for Phage into FM (like last season) but the difference from last season is that now I go into other "on hit" items and my ap-runes are mostly for early game harass. Now I go a few Dorans, Wits, Wriggles, then depending on game I go either Malady or Inonic for poke. I need to get a skin for Teemo, after playing him more than half my games this season and will go on with that style.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 8:24am | Report
Oh and I forgot, screw duo this season! It is solo-queue for the win!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 12:00pm | Report
Game 24 - Xin Jungle. Was the worst team I've had. It was soo bad, so that I experienced my first "Loss forgiven" and still have 1190 Elo even though I am 14-10 in games.

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 12:03pm | Report
What did I learn from that bad game? Well play more Xin. Even though we had the worst team possible (in players, not champs) I almost managed to 1v3 people at times and do very well in fights.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 1:56pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Game 24 - Xin Jungle. Was the worst team I've had. It was soo bad, so that I experienced my first "Loss forgiven" and still have 1190 Elo even though I am 14-10 in games.

You don't get a Loss Forgiven from having an extremely bad team, you get a Loss Forgiven when Riot turns on the "Red Button". They turn on this "Red Button" when the servers seem to be lagging and some players will lag through no fault of their own, which will sometimes cause them to lose. Even if neither you nor your team were suffering from this lag, the Red Button was on and all games that resulted in losses during that time, were treated as "Loss Forgiven".
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 2, 2012 9:57pm | Report
That I know, I didn't see endgame screen though. All I saw was that my losses were updated, but my elo was the same so I assumed loss forgiven for some reason. I know it's never the "bad team" but it was dc:s all over the place so I guessed. But then I played a Vladgame after that. I did good, I shut down Shen toplane, I told my teammates NOT to overextend on other places since he has his ulti as only weapon when down in farm. My mf adc was the worst I've seen and went some 1/13 and our jungle WW went 1/14 so me and the good mid Veigar couldn't carry this. I saw ww build damage items (first item Ionian Spark) and no survivability and I told him to build tankier. This was after 8 deaths or so. He said "Last game we lost cause I didn't do damage, I won't do that mistake again" or something like that. He continued to die, and their most fed member was Katarina... so after a while he sells his offensive Items and gets Randuins AND wardens mail... for that I know a troll when I see them...

And after that loss my Elo did get updated and I lost elo for two games, so the first was not a loss forgiven, sad to say.

Won one Taric-game now. Easy game, MF-Taric vs Leona-Corki and we won every trade and the Leona missed much of he stuns. And they had afk toplane so jungler had to focus top. Not that our jungler ganked bot, but we won lane anyhow. Got one my death when engaging close to inhib endgame. Got two kills from soloing Leona once and then sniping a cho who took too many hits from turret so stun and w was all it took to finish him off!

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2013 8:12am | Report
How to not update shiats.

This is how to do eeet!

Well I was 15-11 after last update, was around 1170 in Elo and had a good time.

Then came the critical moments of my life. 3 times in about 1 week I had to leave a game to assist my highly pregnant gf with stuffs, and since it's just a game I did that. Apart from that I had a really fine losingstreak, went down to about 1070, won a few, lost a few, stayed there.

AAAND then I got my son. I started playing when not focused, when highly tired and when knowing I had to quit if he started crying and I was new at this being a dad-business so I did not relax enough.

Simple to say I went on another losingstreak and ended up around 960.

A part of that was also me wanting to learn Talon for mid and Elise for top. And since I tried a few normal games and got a horrid experience in how people played and how they thought and performed I decided to learn them in ranked.

Didn't try Talon much, got 3 games with him, but I've got 13 games with Elise now and I am starting to getting to know her. Now I can carry my games with her or at least shut down their toplane and get the focus of their jungler so my other lanes can do their stuffz.

Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2013 8:27am | Report
So now I need to post a pic, I know I know. I will update you with my last 10 games.

The status is now 63 games played, 31 wins and 32 losses. I was at 21-27 before I started turning it around and now I main Elise and Teemo.

Walkthrough on these 10 games:
Game 1 I was Elise top against a Garen. simple to say I won that lane hard and did some damage in teamfights. Our Maokai was good, and we won the game simple.

Game 2 vs Riven. Elise top again, I got in around 7 straight as her before having to go other lanes 2 games then back top. Elise ***** on Riven, just smart engages, poke poke poke from afar and don't get caught in her stun and use E to avoid ultimate.

Game 3 vs Jax. Should maybe not be that easy but it was. Disengage with e in spiderform to avoid stun and then poke poke until I go in for the kill with combo and ignite.

Game 4 vs Shen. I completely shut him down until they changed lane so I got Akali top, and even though I died to her 2 times I shut her down from farming and killed her as many times or more.

Game 5 vs Volibear. I shut down voli in lane and got camped by noc. We lost game and I could have done way better than I did. We were ahead far in midgame but came lategame we started getting caught and bad communication seemed to **** us up. We lost in the end.

Game 6 vs Kha Zix. Oh how hurt he got. I failed and gave him fb, but then he and jungle Diana dived me and even though I died I killed both and got back hard into game and then shut Kha down. We win game and had a good focus.

Game 7 vs Jarvan top. Thought I was going against Olaf, but shouldn't be any different. I got caught in the flagtoss dragonstrike-combo a few times at first but I started to outtrade him at lvl 5 and then I just poked him down. Problem came lategame when their Corki got really fed and they sent both jarvan and Olaf against our Ez and instead of going for corki we tried to protect Ez. He always died and corki was allowed to clean up. Learned alot this game. I have the ability to shut down carries with a few skills if I am not focused by their bruisers, I should use this since I am great against their bruisers.

Game 8 Jungle Riven. Bad game. Champ select got ****ed up, I was bad. Wanna forget.

Game 9 had to supp, took Taric and with Ez we won lane hard against Vayne+Soraka and I did a few hard engages and even once got a double kill vs both Vayne and Soraka when they went all in for Ez and he survived with a sliver of hp and ran. I got both! Gotta love Taric!

Game 10 back on Elise vs Darius. Didn't lose this setup last time but I didn't win it either. Now when I met another Darius I knew how to play (and I had seen Voyboy playing Elise on video against Darius) so I could shut him down hard in lane and at times even doublekill him and Noc when they ganked.

Carried this game hard and only died when I was stupid enough to get caught in a bad place. 13/4 is my best score as Elise sofar. Did good, can avoid getting cocky next time. Greed is bad!

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2013 9:50am | Report
enjoyable read..shame the blogger has not updated anything since December 1.
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2013 10:44am | Report
That's mostly because I'm a lazy bastard.

And that I got a son december 15th and have played less since.

Have been playing more lately and will update soon.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide