Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ancient's Travels - A Season 3 Ranked Journal

Creator: AncientNecro November 14, 2012 12:17pm
1 2
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 12:17pm | Report
This will be a journal of sorts that I will continually update as I progress through my Season 3 Ranked journey.

I won't be starting quite yet, as I want to give the majority of players a chance to sort out their elo's. I feel like it's less of a gamble that way.

I've just returned from a hiatus and my first five games have been exceptionally fun. The honor system seems to have worked wonderfully at chilling out the community, and I've enjoyed seeing the tips during loading and at the start of the game as well.

I plan to play a lot of top lane, hopefully with loads of opportunities to bring out my Teemo / Swain game. I'm curious as to how my Cassiopeia style will work out in the current meta, but I'm more than willing to give mid lane a shot with Cass, Ziggs, Swain, and a few other strong APs. I'll be playing in carryville with the likes of Graves, Ezreal, and Sivir. My support role is limited to Soraka, Taric, Leona.

As far as jungling goes - you should probably keep me out of the bushes.

It should be an interesting journey, and I'm really curious about all of the changes that season 3 will bring.

I'll begin updating this as soon as I play my first placement match, which may be a few days :).

Thanks for stopping by and reading it, guys 'n gals.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Do you have some sort of goal set in terms of elo...?

Good luck ^^

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 4:24pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Do you have some sort of goal set in terms of elo...?

Good luck ^^

I didn't fare very well last season, but (I'm hoping) that's mostly because I jumped into ranked to early. I'm not going to set my aim too high at first. I'm hoping to reach 1850. If that goal starts to seem pretty realistic, I'll probably raise the bar a little bit.

Do you have an elo goal for yourself?

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 12:47am | Report
1850 is "not too high"? :/

Personally I am going to go for plat this season (so I guess that's a similar rating), but I'd still say that's pretty high lol :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2012 4:56pm | Report
To be honest, it's more likely to be "extremely high", from my point of view, haha. I said "not too high" because it certainly isn't worthy of any leaderboards or anything, so I figured some people would consider it a pretty unimportant standing to strive for.

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 6:13am | Report
After 18 matches, I find myself at 1038 ELO. I've won 10 and lost 8.

To highlight a few moments:

-Eating faces with Teemo in my last game. Kha'Zix should have picked a different lane, because there was only room for one nightmare in my top. Lee sin jungle didn't like that I rushed Bloodrazor very much.

-Supporting as Cassiopeia. God that girl's got some poke!

-Baseracing for a victory with Sivir (took tele!).

-Turning around a completely under-farmed and out-zoned Ezreal game into a win :D

Those are just a couple of highlights so far.

It seems like the honor system has really chilled out the ranked queues. People seem to be more willing to work together and communicate. Now that drops don't effect your elo, I'm more likely to drop a match with an obvious troll or a horrible team composition. It doesn't seem to hurt your elo. If there are other drawbacks to doing this please let me know ^_^

AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 12:44am | Report
A few more matches and I'm up to 1074 ELO. I won't let that get my hopes up though, because as I saw last season, huge losses can appear seemingly out of nowhere.

For my last few games I used a lot of Leona support, and was even able to throw in a teemo top victory versus my hard counter, Yorick. One of the really good times when I was proud of myself for outplaying such a tough opponent. I definitely honored the guy afterwards for a fight well fought.

Taking a break now. I've dodged a game or two today. I'm taking ranked slowly and dodging if a team is severely out-tanked or unwilling to communicate (at least a little, I mean, come on). The time penalty is worth it in those situations, in my opinion. I'm playing to have fun and win. While we might be able to win with a sub-par team comp, being bulked around the battlefield by tanks and having teammates that don't know how to call MIAS can really take the fun out of the game.

And I simply refuse ruin my fun.

So here's to 1100! Which I will hopefully be able to achieve sometime tomorrow in between hell-visits with the family.

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 2:17am | Report
wait you are 1074 elo and 900elo last season?
and think 1850 is not high, oh 1850 is already quite good, not quite high elo yet but close before that.
You should probably try to reach 1500 first ;)

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
saraelves
<Member>
saraelves's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 5:57am | Report
Got to 1290 but seems like every game is trollers/leavers/feeders. stuck in the 1100-1200 cuz these bad kids
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 7:34am | Report
koksei wrote:

wait you are 1074 elo and 900elo last season?
and think 1850 is not high, oh 1850 is already quite good, not quite high elo yet but close before that.
You should probably try to reach 1500 first ;)

:D Indeed. 900 last season.

I'm a man of much sight (my last name is actually See), and as such, I'm able to see from many more perspectives than my lowly 900 elo. 1850 is a very respectable ELO. Some professional players don't have 1850 elo, even. But, in the grand scheme of things, 1850 is not really going to take you anywhere. Whereas getting closer to the 2000-2100 range you will attract quite a large following.

(There are rare and exceptional cases to that rule, I.E. Guardsman Bob when he first began streaming at around 1450 ELO.)

I would have made my goal 1500, but really, what satisfaction could be had from 1500 for me? At least if and when I hit the 1700-1900 range, I'll be seeing some well-known faces and players that I have an urge to play with at least once - even if I don't decide to start streaming more often myself.

^_^ So that's why I chose 1850. That's also why I don't consider it "too high" of an elo. Oh yes, it's hellaciously high for someone coming from 900 elo. But that's a perspective issue. I've never lowered the bar on my dreams because of how low my standards of living were :P

<3<3<3<3 I love really long answers. Thanks for asking ^_^

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide