Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Going for Gold in nine days

Creator: Latest Legend November 2, 2014 5:28am
1 2 3
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 5:28am | Report
So I'm in Silver 1 at the moment, and I'm going to try to get Gold before the season ends. Reasons: free Morgana and my sister got Gold and she's annoying. I promise I'll only vent about the games here :D

What I usually pick in solo queue:
Top: Ryze, Shen, Irelia
Jungle: Lee Sin, Jarvan IV
Mid: Katarina
Support: Leona, Janna, Master Yi
Marksman: Ezreal, Tristana

My main focus is top lane.

I'll open this thread with a loss, so that it can only get better. (click on the image for the details)

Early game went decent, we were pushing so hard that Tristana could hardly farm and we had twice as much at some point. Only real downside of laning phase was that Katarina decided to dive at level 3. And top lane was having issues. Katarina came bot a lot but we were at their turret all the time so it was kinda useless for the most part.

We were able to win most teamfights regardless of being behind in gold all the time, but at the end they took a free baron, people got caught and **** happened. We were going to wait out the baron buff but suddenly Leona went in while I was at the other side of the inhib clearing the wave. By the time I was in a good position the fight was practically lost. They also had drake control for the whole game.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 5:58am | Report

if u want ez wins pick corkki

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 6:31am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

if u want ez wins pick corkki
Thanks, but I suck at the marksman role. I'll consider getting him though. (Also pls you can still rek gold with ap rivne but I can't)

It got better! The Sona guy was like "I want mid" but then he suddenly picked Sona because he thought Morgana was going mid, probably because of the Ignite or something. So I muted LoL music, put on 60 minutes of Für Elise and went for it. Luckily she held out pretty well against Zed so that she could carry and stuff. Actually I was the scrublord giving first blood to Renekton, after two ganks from Lee Sin but still. Then he zoned me from farm and I had to lay low until the rekking train started. I gave Renekton my tower so that I could get some farm back, and then he decided to just overextend at top lane all day while I went for teamfights and teleported back just before he started killing my turret.

So I kinda lost my lane the hard way but I managed to get back on my feet by roaming and participating in all teamfights while Renekton was doing nothing at top lane. And I got tons of money because of ~6 towers and 4 drakes.
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 6:39am | Report
Good luck! :)

And by the way, how comes you got Master Yi in your Support champion pool ?
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 7:00am | Report
Good luck! :)

And by the way, how comes you got Master Yi in your Support champion pool ?

It works like Nidalee "support" used to work.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 7:47am | Report
Thanks!

It's a joke, but if you play it like Nidalee it can indeed "work".
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 8:31am | Report
Btw was there a specific reason for getting Spirit Visage instead of Banshee's Veil?
bv offers better stats(the cdr on sv should be wasted if you get 10% cdr from runes or masteries or blue buff) and its passive is better as well imo.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 9:11am | Report
Not really, it was a hard decision to make, they didn't really have hard CC initiations(except Renekton, but he wouldn't end up in my face) so I figured I could use Spirit Visage's passive more with the ult. This was the last item I bought by the way. Thanks for the feedback, I'll give Banshee's Veil some more thought next time. Gotta respect the Ryze master :D
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 9:19am | Report
I obviously didn't watch the game so I don't know all the circumstances, but I prohably would have gone for Void Staff instead of either of the items because they didn't really have magic damage other than soraka.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2014 9:32am | Report
Basically I noticed we didn't have much tankinesss so I wanted to get some HP. Maybe Randuin's Omen or Warmog's Armor would've been better for that. I was planning to get Void Staff after that.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide