Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Predacon - From Coal to Diamond

Creator: Predacon December 27, 2015 10:31pm
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 5:47am | Report

Nautilus is simply unkillable for Riven 1vs1, they would have to make an extreme misplay. He also TP'd bottom to pick up two kills, and when I did try to trade with him I ended up dying later being chained CC'd to death and later again.

I ended up having resign myself to stun bot and damage soak for our fed Draven, luckily he could kill them all as long as he was protected. He got quadra kill at the end which allowed us to end the game pretty swiftly.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 7:15am | Report

Our botlane was getting utterly stomped, so I was trying my best to help them out, this ended up costing me my lane though with no payoff. Jax was able to push all my turrets down because I felt if I sat top with him the game was completely over, however there wasn't much I could do in the end, Ezreal and TF just got too fed and Xin/Jax scale so well.

I guess my only hope was playing my TP a bit better that game, very hard game.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 7:19am | Report

Decided to go Poppy since I was against Fiora, and we needed more frontline.

This ended up being the right choice as I got two solo kills early on Fiora, apparently a platinum player at that, and later many more kills from her. I was able to extend my advantage to diving mid lane a few times as well. I didn't even need Eve's help at all, which allowed her to mostly help out botlane.

I played around just a bit at the end, but realized this is why I've thrown games in the past and had everyone go to baron for a second time to allow us to end easily.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 8:13am | Report

Had to play Poppy again this game, Riven was taken by the enemy team for mid.

I messed up and took an early towershot against Yorick which allowed him to pick up a kill on me, and later I ganked by Udyr to give him another kill. I tried to duel Yorick and died once again, leaving me at 0/3, great start right?

So I took on Yorick again, killed him this time, but Udyr came from behind my tower to kill me.

It's a good thing that even if Yorick is ahead he still is just a bad champion in the end. This is where it turned around and I started to kill Yorick over and over again, pinning him to walls, Qing and ulting enough to finish him off everytime, but he just kept spiltpushing so I had to deal with him.

Luckily my other lanes did great so I didn't have too much pressure on me, even if Udyr was a huge pain in the *** throughout this game. We secured baron after a nice teamfight and pushed into their base.

I got Udyr wallpinned at the very end to kill him off for being such a nuisance.

Poppy OP, Yorick UP.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 9:12am | Report

I really don't understand how Gangplank can be this strong, he could nearly one shot our whole team and he wasn't even fed. I had picked up a doublekill in with a tp to botlane, and even killed Gangplank in lane, but simply wasn't enough to stop the monster he became.

Gangplank reminds me somewhat of Nasus, you would have to completely shut him out of farm to not be insane, but that's not really possible with barrels and his Q.

He hard carried here, we just had the wrong team comp for dealing with him I think.

Is this why Gangplank is pick or ban in high elo?

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 10:13am | Report

Had a Yorick jungle, nuff said.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 10:58am | Report

This time the Yorick on our team was good, I rolled my eyes when I saw him in champ select again, but he did good.

I LOVE Soraka support, allows me to farm and trade without having to worry too and all the sustain. At one point our team was 7-0 because Soraka wouldn't allow anyone to die. Nautilus did a good job with ganks as well.

Azir got a bit greedy with his insecs/shurima shuffles, but for the most part they were good. Eventually Yorick gave our first death, so we just went all out after that.

I'm surprised how strong Azir was so early into the game, but he was able to easily burst down their team, and even if he died Yorick ultied him to continue the onslaught.

We snagged up baron and took some inhibs, they surrendered soon after.

Didn't get to gold 2 in this run of ranked games sadly, but very close.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 6:20am | Report

This was quite a messy game, we had some early deaths that had me worried, but I was able to pick up some early kills with some good plays with Leona. <3

Later in the game all it took was me and Malphite to stop their baron attempt after they picked off two of players, I was able to pick up a triple kill here.

Everyone refused to group really, even when we had baron, so it made it very difficult to finish.

Nasus always dived me, which made it easy to kite him out until the last time where he flashed q on me, but Yi was able to go through their team because of this to allow us to end the game.

I for sure earned my promo series this time around.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 6:44am | Report
Why do my own teammates ban me out of Vayne and Riven? It's pretty annoying and frustrating.

Think I need to stop using the intended pick system all together.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2016 7:45am | Report

This was a rough game that we almost won, as I made some good TP plays this game for the most part, even if it was at the cost of my lane it was always worth it.

Yi tried to dive me up top, but he ended up dying for it though.

Later in the game Eve was trying to make a pick, which ended up getting my killed as well, Lux started to act somewhat toxic at this point. In one team fight later Yi got a quadra kill on us and this was the beginning of the end for us.

I tried to TP in to stop their baron, but that ended up being the wrong call.

With baron they could dive us mid and end the game quickly.

Humble Riven Main

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide