Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tryharding in a casual way - The key to...

Creator: SteppenKat August 20, 2013 2:41am
1 2
SteppenKat
<Member>
SteppenKat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 4:05am | Report
Of course, about winning.

People will throw easy games. You will have a winning streak sometimes and then a -5 losing streak that will neuter all your progress. Maybe the 4 last game you lost were literally trolled.

The thing is: is it worth to get mad and frustrated because you're being trolled? Is it your fault that you end up queued with a Bronze ADC and the poor thing doesn't know where to hide in a middle of a game plagued with Silvers, Golds and stuff? (This happened to me 2 days ago, my MF ended up with a 2/11).

Okay, maybe I'll feel better if I bash at her for every mistake she makes. But you WILL do mistakes yourself. You WILL throw some games. Heck, I "threw" one yesterday (well, I forced a bad engage at a Baron, I died with my jungler, our ADC got pissed and she ragequit).

But what's the difference between, let's say, playing a normal? I don't troll in normals (except for Lulu ADC, but I still tryhard :P). I do my best to win them. The thing is that I don't get traumatized for a loss in a normal. Of course, "because I don't risk anything". But do we ACTUALLY risk something in a ranked game? Losing points? You'll get them back if you belong in your current league.

I've been playing for two days now following this method and I've swinged back and forth. But I still ended up at Silver II, 30ish LP. Won some, lost some. But most games were really insightful to know about my mistakes and how people behave at my ELO. Now that I don't care that much if I lose, I can concentrate in fixing my own mistakes.
Support Main and ADC Apprentice.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide