Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Uproars Journey....Somewhere.

Creator: Uproar February 26, 2014 7:31am
1 2
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 7:31am | Report
Hey, not sure where i am going with this season! The first season i've competed in seriously. Especially on league.

Having some issues, after 2 weeks i finally got out of B3!

.....to B4 -facepalm-.

I find i do best in Solo Queues, i seem to dip...alot when i go Duo Queue with a work colleague.

I'm trying to find a champion which will get me out of this hell-hole, a champion not only can i play, but enjoy the role, and can go different ways about it :)

Been Playing Janna, Zyra Supports & Nautilus Jungle.

The problem is, none of them i find can bring me what i want to the game and that is...a split pushing tanking machine.

I love udyr, would love to use him, but not only does he get an easy shut down. I struggle with him.

So right now my beloved trundle is being Used. Won my first game with him last night and intend to continue on the same route, try to get Jungle role or Top and trundle my way out of Bronze.

I'd settle for Silver 5 i really would.

I've never been so frustrated at this game before; and i understand why people DO get frustrated so easily.

the past 10 matches, there is at least one disconnect, leavers, trolls, quitters*, toxic players who invoke defeat everywhere.
People who play a ranked game, knowing full well they only have 30 minutes and 'need a quick win'...and tell us this at the start of the game.

Or people who choose a role, not forced a role, CHOOSE a role they have never played/can't play and instead of just seeing it through. Quit.

The entire ranked scene makes me extremely bitter to who i play with and against. But, this is my journey to Silver and no yellow bellied SOB is going to stop me :)

WIll keep posting :D

*When i use 'quitters' as a term next to leavers, these are the players who quit trying, or even attempting to play, they build 6 dorans shields, and walk past all the enemies straight in to there base because they type in All Chat; GG.

Edit: In conjunction to my complaint about trolls, playing trundle just brings out a totally different play style for me, and always has. We had the entire mid section down, we were at nexus and...like a true troll king does, i backed off and went and cleared buttom, cleared top, and took out all turrets and inhibitors to add salt to the open wound perhaps?

Anyway, this lead to being reported by the enemy team and my team for being Unskilled & trolling :(

Trundle can NEVER grab a break. But yes, just wanted to add that even tho i hate trolls, i make a bloody good one myself when i want :D
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 8:24am | Report
You want split pushing tanks? Have a look at Irelia and Jax, who are both good at split pushing and are quite tanky even if you build some damage.
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 8:34am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

You want split pushing tanks? Have a look at Irelia and Jax, who are both good at split pushing and are quite tanky even if you build some damage.

Irelia, now thats a champ i love but never mastered! I'd love to learn to use her more but i just cant seem to get her combos down or anything :( maybe trying to hard.

Jax. i've only ever known hybrid to be superior with him on TT. I may consider these tho :D
Irelias skins are amazing aswell...i'm a skin collector :3
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 8:53am | Report
If you want I can give you some basics on Irelia, she was my most played champ during S3. Anyway, good luck! ;-)
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 9:33am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

If you want I can give you some basics on Irelia, she was my most played champ during S3. Anyway, good luck! ;-)

that would be appreciated :O
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 10:11am | Report
In short:

Pre-game setup:
21/9/0 masteries, check my lolking for the specific page
Runes: AD, Armor, Mr, Lifesteal + AD
Summoners: Flash+Ignite or Flash+TP
Build: Rush triforce, then get tanky items or Hydra/Blade

Gameplay:
Be careful early on (irelia has a weak early game), wait till level 6 against most champions before doing anything too aggressive. Main combo: Q to a minion when it is low (it gives you the reset, essentially acting as a free gap closer and not dealing damage), E-W (you generally should be able to stun because you don't deal damage when closing the gap), then Q again if the target moves out of your range. Use ultimate when you can force someone very low (you don't need to kill them, lane pressure is generally good enough because of its relatively low cooldown).

Late game splitpush all day, especially if you have teleport.
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 2:12pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

In short:

Pre-game setup:

Gameplay:
Be careful early on (irelia has a weak early game), wait till level 6 against most champions before doing anything too aggressive. Main combo: Q to a minion when it is low (it gives you the reset, essentially acting as a free gap closer and not dealing damage), E-W (you generally should be able to stun because you don't deal damage when closing the gap), then Q again if the target moves out of your range. Use ultimate when you can force someone very low (you don't need to kill them, lane pressure is generally good enough because of its relatively low cooldown).

Had an ok game, trundle top who kept pushing me back, wasn't till i got my Q W E all up i could hold him back easier and start taking control. First time playing her since i bought her a year or so ago. :P
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2014 5:33pm | Report
reached the series for b4 BACK TO B3 I SHALL GO!

All thanks to Support Shaco! No one expected a wild clown to appear with Jack in the box's and shivs!

The last clown i hired made me a baloon animal not trying to kill me!
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2014 3:55am | Report
I lost the series because of two straight games of leavers and a troll pick bottom lane :(

However i am now taking anew route to silver; shaco support! And its working beautifully!

It seems to have a lane lockdown effect. Each game me and my adc are able to sit in the center of lane farming and not letting them push because of jibs being dropped on them and slowly taking chunks of health out.

I have the harass and a good lane control to begin with and then late game i enjoy playing chase.
Watching 4 enemy champs try to catch a
Shaco :3 between using R and Q the evading :) i really enjoy it :D

The only thing i notice us 'shaco troll pick' someone dodge, someone else choose support shaco go jungle.

Then 10 minutes later;

Wow shaco; great jo
Then 45 minutes later;

[all] shaco awesome support.

DEAL WITH IT. :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 1:31am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

In short:

Pre-game setup:

Gameplay:

Why 21/9/0 over 9/21/0 given how strong defense tree is and how weak Irelia is early on? I'd say that setup makes more sense on aggressive champions such as Rengar or Lee Sin, personally.

@ Uproar

From your intro, I can't quite tell what your best role is. So you play Zyra/ Janna support, Nautilus jungle and some random games with Trundle too? I'd recommend trying to stick to playing one role as much as possible (and a limited number of champions within that role, if possible).

Oh well, good luck! :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide