Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vapora's Ranked Journey to ... Whatever he...

Creator: Vapora Dark September 13, 2012 8:06pm
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 9:55am | Report
^ Nice.

I'm done with ranked, for now. I've been on a loss streak from plat 1 and now I'm still losing games against people basically 2 tiers under what I was, and it doesn't look like I'm going to go on any winning streaks any time soon. It's pretty stupid because most of the time I haven't even been underperforming, I just lose every game regardless of how I play. Not that I do play perfectly every game. It just doesn't make any difference when I do.

I would have taken a break from ranked much earlier except I met tlrz and she always wanted to duo, so yeah... Basically only been playing ranked because of her.

I've told her I'm done with ranked now so I'll probably stick to it for a while this time. Meanwhile time to level up my smurf.
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 10:04am | Report

^ Nice.

I'm done with ranked, for now. I've been on a loss streak from plat 1 and now I'm still losing games against people basically 2 tiers under what I was, and it doesn't look like I'm going to go on any winning streaks any time soon. It's pretty stupid because most of the time I haven't even been underperforming, I just lose every game regardless of how I play. Not that I do play perfectly every game. It just doesn't make any difference when I do.

I would have taken a break from ranked much earlier except I met tlrz and she always wanted to duo, so yeah... Basically only been playing ranked because of her.

I've told her I'm done with ranked now so I'll probably stick to it for a while this time. Meanwhile time to level up my smurf.

The reason is because of the displacement that occured with the reset, everybody got pushed downward a tier, (mostly), I was plat 1 and dropped to plat 3 (where most diamonds ended up) and I've been moving up just fine which implies that I've been at the level of D5-D3 by the time I ended at plat 1 the past season, I'm sitting in D5 promos right now and most diamond 5s and 4s are stuck in plat 1 so... idk man its a weird system right now.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 11:34am | Report
NateDog13 wrote:

The reason is because of the displacement that occured with the reset, everybody got pushed downward a tier, (mostly), I was plat 1 and dropped to plat 3 (where most diamonds ended up) and I've been moving up just fine which implies that I've been at the level of D5-D3 by the time I ended at plat 1 the past season, I'm sitting in D5 promos right now and most diamond 5s and 4s are stuck in plat 1 so... idk man its a weird system right now.

No, it was like this in pre-season too. I was going to stop playing then except I met tlrz and she wanted to duo all the time, so I did play ranked almost exclusively with her. After the reset I've only been playing either to duo with her or to keep up with her, though it's had the opposite effect of keeping up with her.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 11:56am | Report
^ Duoing ALL the time is a really good way to lose elo unless you have ridiculously good synergy with the person since you generally get tougher opponents and weaker team-mates when you duo. The only person I've had consistent success duoing with was YourSpineIsMine (he has a couple guides/posts on here) but that's because he's an irl friend who I've known forever and we started playing League at the same time and played together for probably most of our pre-30 games so we know each other's playstyles inside and out; pretty sure we had a 100% win rate if we managed to get mid and top but he's quit league now so I don't duo much anymore since its honestly just easier solo most of the time.

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Lucorian5 wrote:

^ Duoing ALL the time is a really good way to lose elo unless you have ridiculously good synergy with the person since you generally get tougher opponents and weaker team-mates when you duo. The only person I've had consistent success duoing with was YourSpineIsMine (he has a couple guides/posts on here) but that's because he's an irl friend who I've known forever and we started playing League at the same time and played together for probably most of our pre-30 games so we know each other's playstyles inside and out; pretty sure we had a 100% win rate if we managed to get mid and top but he's quit league now so I don't duo much anymore since its honestly just easier solo most of the time.

Yeah I didn't really care about that, I just wanted to play with her. :P Even before that I was on a massive losing streak though.
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2014 4:20pm | Report

Basically how I play LoL
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 7:36am | Report
i hate u

Btw since I gave up on climbing I've been smurfing on friends' accounts for funzies, because normals are no fun ( no one groups up, it's like a never ending laning phase with a lot of roaming, so it's really boring for wanting to try stuff out seriously when you never get to see how you perform in a real team-fight ). His account now has 88 LP in silver 1, and I'm pretty sure it has higher MMR than my main now. Yet I find it much easier to win on that account than I do on my main......... just why............
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 8:51am | Report
Okay, so my MMR on Vapora is so low than when I duo with tlrz, a gold 5 player, I'm last pick and she's 4th pick. So I just duo'd with her while smurfing on my friend's silver 1 account, and this happened.

I'VE SMURFED ITS MMR SO ****ING HIGH THAT I'M FIRST PICK WITH TLRZ, WHEREAS ON MY MAIN I'M LAST PICK, HOLY ****ING CHRIST. WHY DO I LOSE SO MUCH ON MY MAIN, I DON'T GET IT.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 8:53am | Report
Dafuq happened to your quest to diamond lol. You're still stuck in gold O.o
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 9:45am | Report
Wayne posted this game in "Post your game stats here" not long ago.

That was the top lane Heimerdinger's first time playing top lane Heimerdinger in ranked. Today, on my friend's account, I had the pleasure of witnessing his second time playing top lane heimerdinger in ranked.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide