Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What champ to play to get 1500+?

Creator: TopsyCrets October 22, 2012 10:30pm
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 6:59pm | Report
from what ive seen in high elo, there are some players who play EXCLUSIVELY one champ, like.. 1000+ games on one champ and less than 20 on any other. some common ones are riven, rumble, nidalee, lee sin, and (i wouldnt do this anymore tho) twitch.

im not sure if these are the best champs if you are gonna main one but i would definitely agree with nid and lee, and probably rumble. this is just what ive seen

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 7:23pm | Report
Gangplank! Lol, jk. I don't recommend him to anyone without the amount of experience I have with him.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 8:05pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

from what ive seen in high elo, there are some players who play EXCLUSIVELY one champ, like.. 1000+ games on one champ and less than 20 on any other. some common ones are riven, rumble, nidalee, lee sin, and (i wouldnt do this anymore tho) twitch.

im not sure if these are the best champs if you are gonna main one but i would definitely agree with nid and lee, and probably rumble. this is just what ive seen

Wasn't there this one guy who only played pre-rework Eve, unless she was banned from people who ghosted? xD
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
TopsyCrets
<Member>
TopsyCrets's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 8:08pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

This is 100% not true.

The only way to consistently lose games is to bring your team down on average.

Every game you play is a 4v5 + you. You can either bring the four above the five, or below the five.

Your team can only have 4 bad players, where as the other team can have 5 bad players, all you have to do is not be a bad player to see success.

100% play the champions that you are best at, if that's every champion, then play whatever feels right.

Well put but me doing good does not make the game a 100% win. I could be the nicest person in the world and still does not change how bad team mates are.
"The Ability To Speak Does Not Make You Intelligent"
KoreanSP
<Member>
KoreanSP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 8:32pm | Report
This is another case of 'I should be at higher ELO but I'm low ELO because of my team'.

I'd suggest you analyze your true skill. If you play, say 5 games, you should win 3 of them. Maybe its 7 games, and you win 4 of them. You want to decrease that number bit by bit by bit. Ideally, out of three games in a row, you should win 2 of them. As stated by someone else, it's really a 4v5+ you, despite bad teams, you should do well enough to carry for at least 2+ people's worth if you are really 1650. Considering yourself to be 'equally' good with all champs is a fallacy, there are champs you are better at and worse at. Play the ones you are best consistently. There is no 'key' champion, but you can choose one. I personally have mained Nid into gold, have played ADC's into Gold, and did a mix of support-mid into gold. There is no key, just how good of a player you are.

Be a leader, win your lane (if you win your lane, you can be a leader right off the bat), make proper calls, outplay the enemy. A bad team with a good leader vs a good team with no leader - you'd be surprised at how often the former wins.
#2 Comprehensive Solo Top Olaf Guide

#3 Alistar Guide Comprehensive Alistar Guide

Gladly will help out anyone as well. PM me to check out a guide, or anything! Plat player - Top Lane main.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2012 11:08pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

And then there is kmax9 :x.
Tri lane for life.
TopsyCrets
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 12:32am | Report
KoreanSP wrote:

This is another case of 'I should be at higher ELO but I'm low ELO because of my team'.

I'd suggest you analyze your true skill. If you play, say 5 games, you should win 3 of them. Maybe its 7 games, and you win 4 of them. You want to decrease that number bit by bit by bit. Ideally, out of three games in a row, you should win 2 of them. As stated by someone else, it's really a 4v5+ you, despite bad teams, you should do well enough to carry for at least 2+ people's worth if you are really 1650. Considering yourself to be 'equally' good with all champs is a fallacy, there are champs you are better at and worse at. Play the ones you are best consistently. There is no 'key' champion, but you can choose one. I personally have mained Nid into gold, have played ADC's into Gold, and did a mix of support-mid into gold. There is no key, just how good of a player you are.

Be a leader, win your lane (if you win your lane, you can be a leader right off the bat), make proper calls, outplay the enemy. A bad team with a good leader vs a good team with no leader - you'd be surprised at how often the former wins.

I see what you mean. I still hold my opinion on how good at champs I am. With the maining only one champ thing is too difficult to do with all the kids in 1200's calling and crying if they don't get what they want. Being a leader does not always work. I've done it but it's more like a 50/50 chance people will listen.
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2012 1:49am | Report
Just find someone to queue with, someone you can communicate with. Having a reliable partner will make it less likely to get someone who is incompetent on your team. I recommend Support and ADC, vice versa depending on what you like. You can also play combos with Mid and Jungle, e.g Morgana and Amumu is particularly nasty. But as much as a good synergy will win you the game, you also have to take counter-picks into account. I currently use lolcounter.com, but I'm sure there are more detailed sites for this. Banning is also a very important aspect of your comp. For instance, if you pick Morgana and Amumu, you should ban champions who can negate your strategy like Janna or Gragas.

You can also do searches on lolking.com on the three other players you're with, but that's only if you're completely paranoid. PS: If your comp looks bad, just leave the queue and try again later. I know it's kinda like aborting a dying child, but at least you won't get scarred.
TopsyCrets
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2012 12:18am | Report
Alahric wrote:

Just find someone to queue with, someone you can communicate with. Having a reliable partner will make it less likely to get someone who is incompetent on your team. I recommend Support and ADC, vice versa depending on what you like. You can also play combos with Mid and Jungle, e.g Morgana and Amumu is particularly nasty. But as much as a good synergy will win you the game, you also have to take counter-picks into account. I currently use lolcounter.com, but I'm sure there are more detailed sites for this. Banning is also a very important aspect of your comp. For instance, if you pick Morgana and Amumu, you should ban champions who can negate your strategy like Janna or Gragas.

You can also do searches on lolking.com on the three other players you're with, but that's only if you're completely paranoid. PS: If your comp looks bad, just leave the queue and try again later. I know it's kinda like aborting a dying child, but at least you won't get scarred.

I also use lolcounter. Very handy site. I don't really use lolking cause I belive in the now not the before.

~Appreciate all of the comments. Will take everything into account. thank you all.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2012 8:05am | Report
Your best champ

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide