Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What suddenly happened to my love for this game?

Creator: UnitedDK March 22, 2015 4:34am
1 2
UnitedDK
<Member>
UnitedDK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 4:34am | Report
Ok, long story short;
I've been without internet for almost 2 months. A lot of things happened, I had some big problems before these 2 months, still playing a lot of LoL, though.

Now the situation is stabilised, there's no stress, my economy is good.
I was soooo looking forward to play League again, but after I got my internet and logged in I suddenly, really out of no where realised that I had no interest in any champion at all o.0.

Now; You're properly thinking "How the hell are we supposed to know?".
But I'm sitting here thinking "what the f*ck happened?" I was sooo looking forward to play League again.

So I guess any look from the outside could possibly "help out" :P

But why do I want to play again this bad?
I have severe ADD (ADHD without psychical hyperactivity), meaning my brain has to be stimulated constantly, and there's no other multiplayer game out there.

An example could be that school is **** because I need to do the stimulation my self, a talking teacher makes me drift off within a few minutes, even if I force myself to concentrate on a subject.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 4:44am | Report
wait, didn't you say your situation has turned out being fine without two months of playing?

you certainly don't have to play computer games to "stimulate" yourself, doing some kind of sports could also be a decent activity
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
UnitedDK
<Member>
UnitedDK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 4:57am | Report
emoriam wrote:
wait, didn't you say your situation has turned out being fine without two months of playing?

you certainly don't have to play computer games to "stimulate" yourself, doing some kind of sports could also be a decent activity
wait... what? You think my situation changed because I didn't play LoL? :P If so, it has nothing to do with that ;)

About sports, I would really like to, but I received massive shoulder/collarbone damage, now I have an 11 cm scar, the operation was about 6 weeks ago. I'm not allowed to any kind of sport except maybe chess for a long time, some shorter, some longer. Atm I'm not even allowed to play freaking ping-pong.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 5:15am | Report
Play ARAM matches.

Basically MOBAFire.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 5:19am | Report
Try out a completely new champion or a new role.

Get a new account and level to 30 again.

Find a friend to play with, or a group of friends.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 5:45am | Report
Quoted:
Now the situation is stabilised, there's no stress, my economy is good.
I was soooo looking forward to play League again

How do I have to understand this then? Do you mean you finally (but then roughly) learned to cope with the situation after it started being terrible without having something to stimulate thus it probably won't stay the same?

I'm sorry for that sports thing :o
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
UnitedDK
<Member>
UnitedDK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 6:22am | Report
All good suggestions, thx ;)

emoriam wrote:

How do I have to understand this then? Do you mean you finally (but then roughly) learned to cope with the situation after it started being terrible without having something to stimulate thus it probably won't stay the same?

I'm sorry for that sports thing :o

... what? :D I'm not getting any of this.

I have ADD; Sure, you can learn to cope it, which I have a long time ago, but there's nothing and I mean NOTHING but constant stimulation or medication that slows it down. And the medication conflicts with one other medication I get, so stimulation is the only option.

Maybe it's easier to understand it this way; If you really wanna torture me, just make me watch an entire movie without any breaks.

The ADD thing has little to do with my situation in the big picture. It was part of the reason I got kicked out of the student hostel, but it doesn't really matter in that way.

In any way, my personal problems has nothing to do with my passion/feeling to play LoL. If any, it only makes it better :P
3 things can relax me; High intensive computer games (otherwise I'm always on the move, not always doing good things), medication or weed. I have neither medication or a game atm, so for now I smoke weed to relax my self and to keep my self outta trouble. Playing LoL is also a part of quitting weed again.

Nevermind about the sports thing ;)
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 6:32am | Report
There's also psychotherapy and neurofeedback-training, yeah, that **** costs money but at least it's no weed.

There also similar game to LoL being free-to play such as Smite. You could easily get a code for DotA 2 as well. If you aren't that much into "learning new games" as it can be exhausting and demotivating you should probably consider little amusement games ("time-killers").
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 9:14am | Report
I think you guys are focusing too hard on the ADD bit. The guy just wants to play League.

Something that works for me is watching professional play, or sometimes just high elo streams. Watching people with really good mechanics play the game always makes me want to play too. :)
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2015 9:20am | Report
For me, what contributes most to my enjoyment of league is the people I play with. After that, what makes me enjoy league the most is playing a game where I have good mechanics, or watching someone with good mechanics.

I'd suggest finding a good group of people to play with. People that you can joke around with for a while, or people that can make you laugh.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide