Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Jungling help!

Creator: Blian October 27, 2015 9:58am
6 posts - page 1 of 1
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2015 9:58am | Report
Okay, so basically the question is what do you do as a jungler when all the lanes are losing and your teammates are behind in level and items.

Probably this is the worst scenario for junglers and I can never make good decisions. If you try to gank a lane you might end up giving a double kill to the already fed enemy player but if you keep farming in your jungle then your team keep crying why no ganks plus most probably they will end up dying over and over again
as you know in low ELO people don't really know how to play on lane when behind.

Normally what I try to do is help bot lane to push out the wave and then ask the support to help gank mid or same thing on top.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2015 10:17am | Report
Depends who you're playing and what you're playing for. I'll bring up some scenarios to see if I can help.

Ranked:
Pick Ammumu, Rek'sai, Gragas
Win lanes because you're a god-tier jungler so you don't have that problem.

If you're playing a Devourer jungler like Xin, Udyr, Shyv, Yi, etc. and the lanes are behind then you need to get those stacks as soon as possible and gank before lanes deteriorate. If your top laner is 0/2/0 to a Fiora (or any other stupid top laner) just get those stacks and use whatever you have to use to kill 'em. Just keep doing that when it's safe.

If you're playing someone with immense team-fight potential (Ammumu, Gragas, Trundle, Skarner, etc.) then wait either for good fights where you catch someone off guard and kill a carry real quick or just go for picks as opposed to actual fights if you're really behind. Something else that really helps is counter-ganking. If a lane looks a bit suspicious try popping in or around sometime soon, maybe grab a scuttle while you're waiting and then punish them super hard once their cooldowns/summoners are down.

GLHF, and if all else fails re-que.
Eyy
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2015 10:17am | Report
I'm also interested in the answers that others might have to this sort of problem.

In my experience if your laners are giving up solo kills, especially repeated solo kills in more than one lane you are screwed unless your laners scale really well, you can make it to late game, and no one starts raging.

If your laners are dying to jungle ganks then I try and get as much vision down as I can which is three 3 stealth wards, 1 vision ward, and two scuttle crabs when they are up. And clear as much vision as I can with the pink, sweeper, and Raptor buff. The enemy laners should be less aggressive if they can't be sure that you aren't lurking.

If you can't be in place to countergank then take that opportunity to gank in another location or strip the enemy jungler's jungle of farm to deny them the experience and buffs. Also keep some wards on you at all times in case you get an opporunity to counterjungle as having deep vision can help a lot in terms of allowing your team to make aggressive plays.
Phil Collins
<Member>
Phil Collins's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2015 11:09am | Report
Blian wrote:
Okay, so basically the question is what do you do as a jungler when all the lanes are losing and your teammates are behind in level and items.

Probably this is the worst scenario for junglers and I can never make good decisions. If you try to gank a lane you might end up giving a double kill to the already fed enemy player but if you keep farming in your jungle then your team keep crying why no ganks plus most probably they will end up dying over and over again
as you know in low ELO people don't really know how to play on lane when behind.

Normally what I try to do is help bot lane to push out the wave and then ask the support to help gank mid or same thing on top.

If all your lanes are behind then the first thing you should do is ignore top completely. If you go top then they're just going to take dragon and towers since they're ahead and they have nothing to fear. Next thing you do is build defense items. Since you're naturally behind as a jungler, the worst thing you could do is try to snowball against snowballed laners who are ahead in kill gold and cs gold (unless you're an assassin).

Focus on bot lane for ganks since bot lane makes the least gold out of all 3 lanes. As to the decision making part, it honestly comes with experience.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2015 10:06pm | Report
Agreed with above posts on vision. Unfortunately, teams that are behind have a tendency to skimp on their vision investments, because they think that they can't afford to buy wards and upgrade trinkets, and this ends up making a bad situation snowball into a rout. They don't buy vision, so they get constantly ganked by the jungle and roaming lanes and everything goes to hell. By investing in vision, your team gets more opportunities to make their own picks and defend against the perhaps overaggressiveness of the enemy. For example, if you see an enemy go into your jungle with the intention of flanking one of your lanes, your team might be able to catch that enemy out before they're with their teammates. Then, you'll not only get the gold from the kill but also make the game into a temporary 5v4 situation that allows your team to relax, farm, and maybe even push for a tower.
Vengenator
<Fabulous>
Vengenator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2015 7:08pm | Report
Although what to do is heavily jungler reliant, if all your lanes are losing you may as well give up hope. If each lane is something like 2 kills behind, we can visibly see a situation where the team kills are something like 3-10

On the other hand, you can try to snowball a lane that isn't losing in hopes of bringing about some damage come teamfights and lategame.
Spare a few Rep+ for the poor ( つ◕◡◕)つ

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide