Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

When do you get ranked?

Creator: Naxx May 14, 2011 3:04am
Naxx
<Member>
Naxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 3:04am | Report
I'm basically a noob in ranked, I was too afraid to play before.
So tell me, how many wins does it take to get ranked?
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 3:14am | Report
As far as I know you need to play ten ranked games to have your rating shown.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 3:46am | Report
They're placement matches. Depending on how many you win you get higher/lower rating.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 6:15am | Report
Yea like me who won his first two then lost his next 7 now I'm climbing back up because I've had a steady streak of non leaver teams lol

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

nomad93
<Member>
nomad93's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 10:10am | Report
queueing with someone good thats not ranked is a good idea b/c those first 10 games is what gets people stuck in low ELO but word of advice dont ever surrender at 20 mins unless they have an inhib. I've came back as tanky WW with no real tank pushed 4 towers in 1 push and win the game.

1 mistake can change a game remember that
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 11:06am | Report
Well, I always thought that rankeds were much better than normal games, but I've played 20-30 rankeds and stopped.

There's no real challenge until you play 50 matches or so. I gave up because every match had a feeder and sometimes a quitter.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 2:28pm | Report
Naxx wrote:

I'm basically a noob in ranked, I was too afraid to play before.
So tell me, how many wins does it take to get ranked?

If I understand you right, you're questioning whether you need wins to get into Ranked games.

You only need to be level 30. You can have 90 wins and be level 30 and play a Ranked game. That's why I've been losing Ranked games (I've only played around 6 in Solo Queue and 5 in 5man Premade). I'm level 30 with 350/340 wins/loses, and the people I get matched with in Solo Queue are level 30 with 120 wins. They just think, "I'm level 30, I can play Ranked - it's not like some people wait until they have around 400 wins before they start playing Ranked, and I only have 120 so I have less knowledge."

*shrugs*

Then again, you'll be lumped with other new Ranked players, so perhaps it won't be as bad for you. I'm just used to a high level of communication, map awareness and more or less skilled players, lol. When I play Ranked I end up with players who die jungling, Malphite with Heal, and Brand who dies mid under the 2 minute mark, giving up First Blood.

/novel.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide