Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why does everyone hate Morello?

Creator: Ensky July 25, 2011 12:29pm
1 2
Ensky
<Member>
Ensky's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 12:29pm | Report
In no way am I making this thread seem like I am or others are attacking Morello, but I am interested in why people do not like him. Thank you for any information.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 12:30pm | Report
The way he goes about "fixing things" is really really stupid.

JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 12:31pm | Report
Because people indiscriminately dislike nerfs.

He's the lead designer (big shot that helps decide how to balance the game), and was given the name Nerf Master Suck Town from a patch-preview comic.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 12:40pm | Report
There's only enough room for one hand to fit up his ***, and that hand is Guinsoo's. Morello may be lead design but in no way are his choices independantly made. It's always someone whispering in his ear, or as my joke emplies one hand making him talk.

He's an easier target, he has no plausible deniability in any design choice. He's the lead, so whatever his final choice is...It's final (until next patch or a new hand trades out for the old).

Such as life for people in big positions like him. But he gets to go home and sleep on a bed made of 100$ bills so it really doesn't matter what people say about him at the end of the day.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Morello....most of the time when he tries to fix stuff. The champion either really sucks, or becomes really OP. His balance is chaos essientally.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 1:46pm | Report
Well if you spread out enough OP mechanics against the weaker ones isn't that balanced? Maybe they don't mean for every champ to be balanced, they're just trying to make sure the UP and Blanced stuff of all 79 champions is counter balanced by all the OP stuff of all 79 champions??
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 1:50pm | Report
Well if you spread out enough OP mechanics against the weaker ones isn't that balanced? Maybe they don't mean for every champ to be balanced, they're just trying to make sure the UP and Blanced stuff of all 79 champions is counter balanced by all the OP stuff of all 79 champions??
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 1:54pm | Report
The way you guys are talking about Morello is probably why Zileas and many other Rioters don't talk to the community anymore except to troll.

Riot's done a lot of good balancing in the last year or so.
They conquered the Tanky DPS Meta - Only a few champs left to nerf.
Global Teleports are about to be neutered accordingly.
Stealth rework is underway.
Outdated champions like Annie were buffed necessarily (maybe a little too much, but Double-Cast bug contributed to most of the QQ)
Lane-Forever Vladimir was finally softened up.

The only thing Riot's ever seemed bad in the long run is their lack of new mechanics.
No new summoner spells. 5 Spells are unviable ( ) in high ELO. Deny and Mana-burn removed with no replacing features.

I used to think like that. Then I learned what it's called.

What you're referring to is a "Power Creep."
When things get overloaded with too much power, and stuff stops being fun.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 2:10pm | Report
I'm just trollin.

For the most part I agree with you, although neutering global teles is where I disagree. To me it's a huge psychological advantage and an appealing feature. Neutering it will take a solid chunk of fun away from playing those champs. As well as a certain level of strategy for an opposing team to devise. It's simplifying the game to adjust for a lack of imagination in the players.

Or that's my opinion.

Back to your comment though, they have done a great job with updating or rebalancing champs accordingly. Vlad a main stay, I'm excited to see how they plan to update a champ like Veigar, and of course the potential of bolstering Soraka and Taric. To me both champs are solid but still a bit out dated. So it would be nice to see them maybe take away from a bit of Soraka's sustain in early game and buff Taric's late game....But I might be the only one who sees issues with those two champs. They do well but could do better without going overboard.
KillaTheNinja
<Member>
KillaTheNinja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 4:18pm | Report
I just hates the way he says "super" so much and when he sometimes whispers the last few words of certain sentences. That REALLY grinds my gears for whatever reason.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide