Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

TF Unplayable? =(

Creator: Ninja_techies August 27, 2011 7:52pm
1 2 3 4
Ninja_techies
<Member>
Ninja_techies's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 7:52pm | Report
i just got back into LoL...the only real reason i played LoL was just for Twisted Fate....few question...how bad did he get nerfed?,,,and why the change to his ultimate it was awesome before when i could actaully use Rally and Revive on a hero but now its just =(

before i could drop in rally and take control of a team fight and turn the tides...now i can hopfully be close enough rally and not even make a dent in the enemy...its not too much but its a big diffrence to someone who just got back

What Nerfs did he get

and why the nerf to his global
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 8:57pm | Report

i just got back into LoL...the only real reason i played LoL was just for Twisted Fate....few question...how bad did he get nerfed?,,,and why the change to his ultimate it was awesome before when i could actaully use Rally and Revive on a hero but now its just =(

before i could drop in rally and take control of a team fight and turn the tides...now i can hopfully be close enough rally and not even make a dent in the enemy...its not too much but its a big diffrence to someone who just got back

What Nerfs did he get

and why the nerf to his global

The only nerf TF and Panth got was to their global teleportation. They put a range on it of 5500. The reason behind it was because TF's backdooring ability (panth got shelacked too because it was global, but he got buffs). So that was his only nerf.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2011 9:20pm | Report
the problem with globals was tfs and panths ability to be anywhere anytime (well panth had a 5 second delay) which was overpowered.

if you are going to play tf now you would be best in mid so you can gank top or bot with your ult with not much effort.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Ninja_techies
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 12:15am | Report
lol really...maybe other heros just got a defense boost XD cuz i swear he does less damage now...=/
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 12:19am | Report
all they did was nerf the range on his ult.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 6:45am | Report
The range is nothing similiar to what Phreak and Morello were showing to us. You can't teleport to the outer Mid Turret from your spawn, with Fate's squishyness and relatively low damage compared to other Hybrid/AP build champs he has become IMO one of the most useless characters in the game. Squishy, with no enough damage, and not really viable ultimate, maybe for escaping ganks but still meh.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 9:17am | Report
Twisted Fate is still a very viable champion. The only exception is his ultimate has far fewer uses.

When I play twisted fate now, I'm hard pressed to find a good time to ultimate, and most of the time I just end up using it a few times per game, no more.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 9:32am | Report
I've found the way to keep the TF ulti as good as ever. Take Flash/Teleport as summoners and make sure your teammates drop 3 wards in each side lane once you're level 6. PROBLEM SOLVED :D

Want to gank? Just use a ward it's oh so easy.....MUWHAHAHAHHA global es #1

Seriously though, the nerf IMO has made TF's QoL (Quality of Life) horrible. No solid AA range, no REAL damage (for this meta...I mean he has damage just not enough compared to the more or less pure nukage mages) no element of suprise. It's just kind of dumb to have such a mediocre kit on such a squishy champ with solid reliable utility. The change to his ultimate was nothing short of too much *****ing from the ignorant masses causing Riot to bend over and change something.

The long and short of it is, TF's ultimate made him TF. The playstyle, the utility, the skill set, it all worked because of his ultimate. With such a drastic change and no compensation TF has become the champ no one cares to play. Those that do are trying to find some new way to play him. Those that did realize there are FAR better champs to play that are more reliable. I'm hoping they toss TF some kind of bone in the near future to make up for his now essentially "global Clairvoyance" ultimate.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 9:35am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

Twisted Fate is still a very viable champion. The only exception is his ultimate has far fewer uses.

When I play twisted fate now, I'm hard pressed to find a good time to ultimate, and most of the time I just end up using it a few times per game, no more.

An ultimate is something you should feel like using whenever it is off CD (when the time is right if that makes sense), and the feeling of using it should be one of power and influence, feel like you're accomplishing something. Using TF's ulti USED to feel like that to me. Now....Not so much.
Ninja_techies
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2011 4:47am | Report
lol Seriously i want my old ulti back! i loved jumping into the team fight across the map and turning the tides for us....i miss having someone think they got away only to have a little green circle appear and throw cards at them....Pantion i can understand a little his ulti had a massive AoE and basically gave him a free kill but TF was TF becuase he had a simple global TP...i will gladly lose my sight on the enemy for my global back lol
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide